• Login:

Welcome to the The Sedona Method Community Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why the Law of Attraction Fails for Most People

Letting Go Talker
    Thanks
    Yes! And to go even further, I would even say that Letting Go of a desire is exactly what allows us to have that desire since just having a desire in the first place creates the attachment of our happiness depending on having that desire.

Sometimes we say that we are not attached to our desires - but in my experience, if it's still a desire, we're still attached to it!
    "The problem with researching Columbine is that everything your read is just a STORY. And each time someone writes a new book, they're just retelling the same STORY. It's not about preventing future violence, it's about being right. Whoever can construct the most compelling STORY wins until a new compelling STORY is constructed. See the cycle?

This cycle will end with my book. Learn the truth about how to prevent school violence from someone who actually has.

http://www.dylanklebold.com/

Letting Go Talker
    Thanks
    Dear Oddinxasa; Your comments regarding the Secret's example of the house manifestation are fascinating and right on target - nice insight. I am an avid follower and promoter of the Abraham-Hicks version of law of attraction. The first thing to clarify is that not only does the Hick's version differ from The Secret's version, but the Hicks to my knowledge have never suggested a vision board. Your comments above about hootlessness begin to touch on what I believe Abraham would say, which is: "If the vision board makes you feel good then put it up, stare at it as much as you can. If the vision board triggers any of the following feelings which might be commonly triggered in the average person, such as feeling a sense of lack about your life, feeling a sense of envy about somebody having more, noticing all the things that you haven't had in your life and the length of time you have been without them, then do not use a vision board." When I am feeling good I do not feel resistance; I feel released. When I use the numerous techniques and strategies promoted by Abraham, I feel good and sometimes exhilerated. When I feel like crap, I alway use the Sedona Method until I feel that sense of release, before I move on to any other technique. If I try to drive without starting the ignition on my car; it does not matter how hard I press on that gas pedal; it does not matter that my car is full of gas; the car will not move until turned on. The Sedona Method is the ignition in this example.
    www.sedona.com Home of the Sedona Method
    www.lettinggo.tv The Letting Go Movie
    http://apps.lettinggo.tv 5 Letting Go Mobile Apps

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deborah Bird For This Useful Post:

Dave (02-26-2012), dcoolsam (05-07-2011), erbaula (01-30-2011), stgeorge (03-16-2011)

Letting Go Talker
    Thanks
    Great comments from everyone. Agreed on letting go of the wanting = the answer to getting.

Two different thoughts about a vision board or something similar:

#1 - Can be a great way to find out more about yourself and the deeper wanting going on within you to release. WHY do you want a big house? Going that step further has brought my releasing to a deeper level. Hale talks about how your "big" goals are a major insight into what your deepest core wants are and a great way to expose them.

#2 - The best way I have seen using this suggested (I believe that The Secret actually does touch on this, but they do so in a more materialistic way.. Hicks' definitely do)

You have the vision board there to visualize yourself with the goals attained for the FUN of it. Because you enjoy it. Just like a kid pretending to be a fireman or a monster or whatever- they don't do it and then sweat whether or not their game has made them any significant progress to actually becoming a fireman It can be a tool to get you in that elevated state, which is attractive. If it's a big "wanting board" to beat yourself up with, not so much.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Evan For This Useful Post:

stgeorge (03-16-2011)

Letting Go Big Talker
    Thanks
    Hello everyone,

I was reading what you wrote and I agree with everyone here.
    Regarding Vision board I must say that that was the first thing that attracted me to law of attraction.
    When I find out about Sedona I became aware that Vision board came true faster with Sedona method.

Law of atraction and Sedona method are the only tools that I am using combined together. And it is really powerfull

So formula for getting things from mu prospective is: TO FULLFIL GOAL (VISION BOARD or any goal at all) LET GO OF WANTING SO YOU CAN GET (what ever you ever wrote as a goal)
    For faster results: let go all that you want... all the time and you will get everything that you want and also the things that you didnt know that you want. Sometimes (in many cases) they appear to be better from the one that you wanted.

This is the best part for me

I wish you all happy releasing
    Last edited by Minja; 03-15-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Do what you do when you are doing it, and don't do what you are not doing when you are not doing it!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minja For This Useful Post:

dcoolsam (05-07-2011), Paul_Canada (03-16-2011), stgeorge (03-16-2011)

Thanks
    Hi,

From my experience "wanting" is equal to doubt. When "I want" something "I doubt" if I can have it. When in doubt you run in two opposite directions and you basically have versions of your story. The nice welcome one where you have what you want and the unwanted don't have version. Letting go of wanting is letting go of doubting and thus allowing you to have.

Releasing on goals or LOA is a great way to free yourself from a lot of un- semi or whatever conscious attachments and aversions we have. The outcome of the process is less important than the process itself.... For attachment to attaining the goal means want or doubt :-)

Great tool huh....

Take care
    Hans

Letting Go Talker
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miskawi@windowslive.com View Post
    Hi. I believe that what you presented in your article is completely true. To prove this, we, human beings, as energy would vibrate the vibration of wanting and desire if the "vision board" is still before our sight. So, when we make "Letting Go" we enter into the state of "receiving" rather than wanting. This process is done by the Sedona Method. Thanks a lot.
    For me this POV make it clear..Thanks

Thanks
    So what is the conclusion? Do a vision board but make sure to release on the wants? Do a vision board and then hide it? I use to have a vision board in my iphone so I could take up my phone and look at some of the things I wanted (before I was introduced to Sedona method).

Do you think it is powerful to have a vision board or a waste of time?

Also, I have Tony Robbins calender where I put all my goals and visions for different categories like health, career, family, friends etc. normally I start the week by going through this. Do you think this is holding me back if I do not release on the wants?

Letting Go Talker
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oskarand View Post
    So what is the conclusion? Do a vision board but make sure to release on the wants? Do a vision board and then hide it? I use to have a vision board in my iphone so I could take up my phone and look at some of the things I wanted (before I was introduced to Sedona method).

Do you think it is powerful to have a vision board or a waste of time?

Also, I have Tony Robbins calender where I put all my goals and visions for different categories like health, career, family, friends etc. normally I start the week by going through this. Do you think this is holding me back if I do not release on the wants?
    Hi oskarand!

Are you looking for specific rules or regulations that are right?
    IMO there is no such thing, the answer to all your questions is YES.
    Yes, vision board is powerfull, and yes it is a waste of time even when there is no such thing to waste
    Yes, vision board is helping you, and yes it is holding you back even when there is no such thing as holding you back

The important thing is the feeling regarding what you percieve you want. How do you feel when you see, think, talk, visualize, picture, sense what you think you want and need. What is behind that? Release on that, and it doesnt matter what way you choose to focus on that (vision board, calendar, post-it notes...) as you feel good about it, as you feel you have it, it doesnt really mater. Does it?

Rember, there are no right or wrongs, thats just a thought

Enjoy and have fun!

S.

Letting Go Newbie
    Thanks

Very Insightful, Thank You

Hello All,

I can see exactly what you are saying, Oddinaxes (think that may be wrong, sorry) And you too Micky B, i go on and on about the subconscious and yet, realised as you said it, it too is yet another concept we use as a tool to work out our 'mind', another concept : )

Back to vision boards, i've used them and think you're right in what you say, yes things manifested but afte i've moved or removed it..and here I was telling myself it would be best if i looked at it my latest one more regularly. Instead, I'll get rid!

Letting go is the only key and like you i've come across many concepts along this journey, and they all have helped point me in the next direction, each and every concept served me as i moved forward, even the law of attraction in all its lack of totality, and when i realised it too wasn't quite as cut and dry as first perceived, it led me further on to investigate. The key is in knowing what to let go of as it is all 'subconscious' and most of us are unaware of what is in the driving seat of our subc, it takes a bit of investigating to even begin the process of letting go, in some cases. Others are more obvious.

I am starting the Sedona Method now, hoping i can release all I have to release as I've been doing this for quite some time without a method adn it just keeps coming back up, is it a continual daily thing and if so, why?

Thank you for your words, really enjoyed the thread.

Warm wishes

Letting Go Newbie
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oddinxasa View Post
    Delilah,

Thanks! I feel that my understanding of how all of this works has just increased exponentially the simpler things have gotten for me and the less there is to understand. In Human Design, I'm what is labeled a "Projector" and us Projectors ALWAYS have to figure it out. After learning to release with the Sedona Method, my understanding shifted from a need to figure it out to a Universal unspoken understanding that didn't get added to my existence - just uncovered, like pulling a mask off of my face and seeing what was always here. It's wonderful!
    I too am a Projector (first time hearing it put that way) and am aiming towards a shift in understanding, a knowing without words. Thank you.