• Login:

Welcome to the The Sedona Method Community Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: I've Been Made a Fool Of!If You Feel You ve Been Duped Here's What to Know and Do

Letting Go Big Talker
    Thanks

I've Been Made a Fool Of!If You Feel You ve Been Duped Here's What to Know and Do

In a perfect world, there would be no con artists. No liars. No thieves. And no one would have to feel the anger and sadness that can come with getting taken advantage of. Of course, the world is not perfect and people are mistreated everyday. Fair? No. Reality? Yes.

Which is why it is imperative that you know how to deal with a situation in which you feel you’ve been wronged. If you’ve been made a fool of -- by a friend, loved one, acquaintance, or stranger -- you have probably been reliving the moment by allowing it to replay in your mind.

And every time the scene goes through your head, how do you feel? Awful, foolish, embarrassed, shamed, angry, and victimized probably all come to mind. So just like that, in an instant -- and because of your own thoughts -- you have allowed yourself to be made a fool of all over again.

“If you have been wronged, holding on to it does not make it right,” says Hale Dwoskin, CEO and director of training of Sedona Training Associates. “Instead, often the intensity of feeling that arises when you feel betrayed causes you to hold onto and relive the betrayal over and over again. And if you do not let go, you tend to attract more betrayal to your life.”

In fact, the longer you hold on to the betrayal, the more misery it will continue to cause in your life. So, from a rational perspective, the best choice is to just let it go, and move forward.

Of course, letting go of a betrayal is not easy. How can you find it in yourself to forgive, let go, and move forward from a painful situation?

This is where The Sedona Method comes in. This powerful tool puts you in control of your emotions, so that anger or sadness from your past no longer has a hold on your life.

Said Hilde Eide from Oslo, Norway about her experience at a Sedona Method retreat, 'I have been very angry at a person for the last two years. I came to Sedona to release on that in particular. A few days into the retreat, I couldn't seem to remember which situations upset me so much. They now seem meaningless. I felt more and more powerful during the retreat.'

You can also bring the benefits of releasing into your life by learning The Sedona Method in your own home.Whichever route you choose, learning to let go is the step you need to take to get your life back.

“If you are willing to simply let go of wanting to change what happened, and let go of wanting to get even, you can then move on with your life,” Dwoskin says. “You can gain the wisdom from the experience and leave the pain behind. You will also break the pattern that is attracting people to you who mistreat you, and instead surround yourself with those who care.”