• Login:

Welcome to the The Sedona Method Community Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: 'Nobody Likes Me!' What to Know and Do if You Feel Ostracized

Letting Go Big Talker
    Thanks

'Nobody Likes Me!' What to Know and Do if You Feel Ostracized

Many people feel like nobody likes them, even though they try to be friendly, helpful and “likeable” to others. To feel like a social outcast – at work, in school or even in your own home – is akin to feeling completely ostracized or not accepted by the people in your life. And true ostracism can, in fact, be extremely harmful.

"The effects of ostracism are a health concern," says Kipling Williams, professor of psychological sciences who researches ostracism at Purdue University. "Excluding and ignoring people, such as giving them the cold shoulder or silent treatment, are used to punish or manipulate, and people may not realize the emotional or physical harm that is being done.”

Ostracizing someone is of particular concern in the 21st century, Kipling says. "In the past, people who were ostracized at work or by a friend could seek support and control through another significant relationship. But because people report growing more distant from extended family and relying on fewer close friendships, they might lack the support to deal with ostracism."

Most People Are Really NOT Being Ostracized

In the majority of cases when someone feels like 'nobody likes me,' it's not really true. You may have been left out of a conversation or event, but still, everyone in your life is not against you.

Feeling that 'nobody likes me' is actually a feeling that can become habitual, like constantly thinking 'I'm fat' or 'I'm stupid,' even though it's not true in reality.

“When you feel that ‘nobody likes me’ you assume that this is a true statement and not what it really is – simply a habitual feeling,” says Hale Dwoskin, CEO and director of training of Sedona Training Associates. “When you recognize that it’s not a fact but simply a feeling, then you can simply let it go.”

How to 'Let Go' of the Feeling That 'Nobody Likes Me'

To 'let go' means to release a negative feeling or thought that is leading to unhappiness in your life. In this case, letting go of your self-limiting belief that 'nobody likes me' will have a profound effect on the way you behave in social situations, increasing not only your confidence but also the value you perceive you offer to other people.

How do you 'let go'? Letting go is something that we all know how to do, but often stop doing as we get older. (Children offer great examples when it comes to letting go, for instance how they can be furious one second and laughing the next.) Fortunately, you can relearn the process of letting go with the scientifically proven Sedona Method.

The Sedona Method helps you to easily break the patterns of thought and behavior that cause self-limiting beliefs like 'nobody likes me' to persist. As you use your natural ability to release, you'll create a solid, positive mental attitude that will attract happiness and strength into your life.

“When you let go of that feeling that you’re being ostracized, you will find that your feelings of self-worth and self-confidence naturally increase,” Dwoskin says.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

why do i feel like no one likes me

feeling ostracized at work

nobody likes me at work

ostracism at work

no one likes me at workwhat to do when nobody likes youfamily ostracismhow to deal with being ostracized at work ostracized by familyostracized at workostracizationno one at work likes meostracism in the workplacewhen nobody likes youi feel no one likes mewhy am i ostracized ostracization at worki feel like no one likes mebeing ostracised at workbeing ostracisedworkplace ostracismwhat to do when no one likes you at worki feel ostracizedi feel that nobody likes mehow to deal with ostracism at work
SEO Blog