• Login:

Welcome to the The Sedona Method Community Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Why You Work So Hard but Still Don’t Achieve Your Goals… and How to Overcome that ...

Letting Go Big Talker
    Thanks

Why You Work So Hard but Still Don’t Achieve Your Goals… and How to Overcome that ...

Why You Work So Hard but Still Don’t Achieve Your Goals… and How to Overcome that with The Sedona Method

"This is a powerful and profound way of achieving immediate and lasting improvements and breakthroughs in your personal and business life. Incredibly effective!"

Brian Tracy, author of
    GOALS!
    See if the following questions and answers below matter to you.

They are important 'big' questions that concern virtually everyone, and they have been submitted to us by people like you who also want to know how The Sedona Method works and can help them finally answer these questions. This exchange is designed to give you immediate benefit just by reading and following along. With further exploration, you will learn how to consistently access your natural ability to let go of any unwanted feeling in the moment and free yourself to have all that your heart desires, acheive emotional wellness, and develop a positive mental attitude.

If you would like to enjoy all the benefits of this powerful tool, I recommend you get your own copy of The Sedona Method Audio Course. See details below on how you can get your program at a deep discount. Enjoy!

Dear Hale,
    I am tired of struggling so hard trying to achieve my goals and get what I want… especially because, despite the struggling, I don't seem to! Can The Sedona Method really help me get what I want more easily?

Answer:

Society has perpetuated the myth that to get anywhere in life you have to work hard. My question for you is, "Have you ever worked hard?"

Your answer is probably the same as that of most people: "Yes!"

Well, has it produced the results you want in your life?

If you are like most people, you answered: "No. No it hasn't. I'm tired, frustrated, angry, and just don’t believe I can get what I really want."

Is the answer to work even harder? Is the answer to create even more stress in your life by taking bigger risks and spreading yourself even thinner?

I don’t think so!

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."

If this adage is true, and I'm sure at least some part of you recognizes that it is, then why do so many people continue to fall into the trap of thinking, "If only I worked harder I'd have everything I want."

Would you rather work harder or would you rather just have what you want? It's an easy question for most of us to answer!

Setting and achieving goals can be effortless when you "let go" of the feelings that are holding you back from achieving them. When you do this, a world of opportunity that has always existed for you becomes obvious and easily available to you.

I have heard that wording a goal correctly can really make a difference in achieving it. Do you have some suggestions about the best way to word a goal?

Answer:

Here are some simple guidelines on wording a goal statement that are paraphrased from our audio program.

· Phrase it in the now.

Most of us fall into the trap of thinking that we're going to create what we want in the future. And the future never seems to come. How many times have you said to yourself, "I'll do that tomorrow," and you didn't do it?

· Phrase it in the positive.

Focus on the solution. Avoid putting in the goal the problem that you're trying to get rid of. For instance, what if you would like to stop smoking? The goal would not be phrased, "I allow myself to stop smoking." The mind does not translate the words "not," "don’t," "stop," or any of the other words of negation.

The mind thinks in pictures. Right now, try not to think of a white elephant.

What do you think of?

A white elephant! Put something in the goal that the mind can visualize. For example, "I allow myself to be a non-smoker." You can picture being a non-smoker. That's something you can see: other people who aren't smoking. So it makes a big difference bigger than you may initially realize -- to word your goals in this manner.

· The goal should feel real or realistic.

Suppose you are making $1,000 a week, but what you would really like to earn is $10,000 a week. Upping your income from $1,000 to $10,000 might be too big a jump for you to accept in just one specific goal. So you might want to start with $2,500 a week. That's a stretch from where you are, but it may seem more real or realistic to you.

The more you make your goals attainable, that is, something that the mind can accept as at least a possibility, the more likely you will be able to release any obstacle you have within you to achieving the goal.

· Include yourself in the goal statement.

In other words, if you want to clean your house, you might want to phrase your goal as, "I allow myself to clean my house," as opposed to, "The house is clean." If you say, "The house is clean," you might not believe it. You might also start waiting for a miracle to happen so that the house gets clean by itself. If you've had tremendous resistance to cleaning your house and then you release on this goal, "I allow myself to easily clean the house," you may just find yourself easily cleaning the house.

· Be precise and concise.

Use as few words as possible while at the same time making sure you are enthusiastic when you hear the goal. In other words, you don’t want to put everything but the kitchen sink in one goal.

· Make sure you word it to facilitate letting go.

One area where you could get yourself into trouble is in the area of relationships. If you make a goal stating: "I allow Mary (or Joe) to love me," that could get you into trouble. First of all, you'll be running around doing all these things to try to get them to love you. And what if they are not even the right person for you?

This could tend to get you really stuck. Whereas if you phrased your goal, "I allow myself to have a loving relationship," then the goal is more open and inclusive. It might be with the person you're having a relationship with now, or it might not.

· Eliminate the word "want" from your goals.

We talk in detail about how "wanting" prevents "having" in the audio course. But in general, would you rather want to have a lot of money, or would you rather just have it? Would you rather want the perfect relationship, or would you rather have the perfect relationship? Would you rather want good health, or would you rather have good health? "Want" equates to the feeling of lack, so avoid putting the feeling of lack in the goal.

· Phrase it so you're focusing on the end result, not your means of achieving it.

For instance, go back to the earlier example of having a net income of $2,500 a week. Don’t put in how you're going to get it.

What you will discover is that very often the actions you think you need to take in order to get the goal have absolutely nothing to do with the goal. They are only limitations or artificial obstacles that you're putting in your way. Also you'll notice as you work on goals with the program that you'll be guided specifically to release on the action steps that you can take in order to achieve a goal.

Always allow for the unexpected. What if someone gives you a large amount of money? What if you win the lottery? There are so many things that could happen to allow that goal to come into your awareness.

· Word it in a state of courageousness, acceptance, or peace.

"I allow myself to..." or "I can..." is a good way to start a goal in courageousness. "I have... " is a good way to start a goal in acceptance. And "I am..." is a good way to start a goal in peace. We've talked a lot about the "I allow myself to," which is a very good way of wording a goal.

If you're not in courageousness about a particular topic, getting into courageousness is already a great step forward. And you can always reword the goal later to raise the energy even higher to acceptance or peace. Allow the mind to start using its creativity to start generating possibilities for how this goal can happen or be realized.

Answer:

Then simply let go of the feelings that are preventing you from achieving your goal, not the goal itself.

If you experiment with this way of working on your goals for even a short period of time I promise that the results you will achieve can be truly miraculous.