Emotional Intelligence - Using Positive Mental Attitude to Produce Emotional Wellness

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sedona Training
    Letting Go Big Talker
    • Jul 2010

Emotional Intelligence - Using Positive Mental Attitude to Produce Emotional Wellness

Most everyone is familiar with the basic Alfred Binet definition of I.Q. (intelligence quotient) and how it relates to one's ability to succeed in school and in a career. A relatively new and astounding form of intelligence that was identified in 1990 is being discussed as a potential standard form of intelligence, it is known as emotional intelligence.

Does Emotional Intelligence = Success?

There is a growing agreement that our emotional intelligence is much more important in predicting our level of success and satisfaction in life than our I.Q. We are redefining what it means to be smart and effective in life. In his book, Emotional Intelligence, Daniel Goleman defines five critical skills that make up emotional intelligence. The Sedona Method has been allowing individuals and organizations to easily develop emotional intelligence and go beyond to emotional mastery since 1974. The following is a summation of these skills and how they relate to The Sedona Method in general and to the skill of letting go in particular.Emotional Intelligence Factors

"Knowing one's emotions. Self-awareness recognizing a feeling as it happens is the keystone of emotional intelligence. The ability to monitor what we are feeling moment to moment is crucial to psychological insight and self-understanding."

The Sedona Method assists in this area by helping you gain better awareness of what you are feeling moment to moment. As part of this process, you will learn a road map to your emotions and how they affect your business and personal life. You will also learn effective tools to deal with them. This heightened emotional awareness will help you to make better decisions and develop a positive mental attitude.

"Managing emotions. Handling feelings so they are appropriate."

The Sedona Method goes far beyond managing your emotions by giving you a powerful tool to let go of or eliminate the painful, limiting emotions and stress that prevent you from performing at your best. This will allow you to bounce back from life's inevitable setbacks and challenges and form a blueprint for prosperity.

"Motivating oneself. Marshaling emotions in service to a goal is essential for paying attention, for self-motivation and mastery and for creativity . . . Being able to get into the 'flow' state enables outstanding performance of all kinds."

The tools you will learn as part of this level of emotional intelligence will show you how to easily eliminate the emotions that prevent you from achieving what you want in life. As you eliminate your low self-esteem and the feelings that say, "I can't," "I don’t know how," "I don’t deserve it" or "I can't handle it," you uncover your innate sense of "I can" that naturally catapults you to greater success. Consistent use of this process results in greater access to the "flow state."

"Recognizing emotions in others. Empathy is the fundamental people skill."

As you use The Sedona Method, you will not only become more aware of your own emotions, you will be able to recognize the emotions of others and the impact that emotions have on our behavior.

"Handling relationships. The art of relationship is, in a large part, skill in managing emotions in others."

As you let go of your own emotional baggage, you will increase your empathy. By letting go, you naturally develop relationship improvement, freedom from depression, and overall emotional wellness. When you use this process and let go of your own emotional baggage, people enjoy relating to you and giving you what you want.
    • From Emotional Intelligence by Daniel GolemanIncrease your level of emotional intelligence with The Sedona Method.

The Sedona Method will help you increase your emotional intelligence with easy-to-learn and scientifically proven methods. You will no longer be held back by your lack of empathy or emotional understanding. Situations and reactions in yourself, as well as in others, will be easily identified and quickly dealt with in an appropriate manner. The noise of your mind will subside, and you will have the clarity of mind to say and do what is appropriate and naturally master any life situation.

As you use The Sedona Method, you will find over time that all areas of your life radically improve. You will find yourself easily uncovering and improving your true emotional intelligence.

Join the hundreds of thousands of people just like you who have radically changed their lives for the better with The Sedona Method.

And the results are guaranteed!
Working...