Bank in the Bank, Not in Your Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank in the Bank, Not in Your Head

I'd recently started rereading The Sedona Method book from the introduction, and came across this statement Hale recounts Lester telling him. In how profoundly it affected Hale, I felt I might be missing something from the statement - that there might be a transformational shift waiting for me if I could experience it the way Hale did.

Yes, I'm wanting to figure it out. Yes, I'll let it go. Okay, let's play. Anybody want to volunteer some insights, add some ingredients to the soup I'm stirring with a growing sense of its meaning?

It sounds a little like, "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched." Maybe it also implies that one needn't buy things with money one doesn't have; one needn't become complacent with mere illusions and promises.

A YouTube video I ran entitled something like "Lester on Fantasy" affirms that people can get complacent with fantasy, imaginings, which can be used as a substitute for real-world action and implementation. I believe in this video Hale was saying he'd been heavily in lust mode when Lester had given him the advice, suffering from desire for something he unconsciously believed he did not deserve.

Any thoughts, interpretations, enlargements on the meaning of "Bank in the bank, not in your head," are welcome.

Thanks.

Steve

Yes, FlowZone! Exactly! Lester really did want us to succeed with our material goals and so he had all sorts of ways to support out success. One of them was to encourage us to get out of the head and into action. He knew that resistance to action was a huge impediment.

Warmly,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I just listened to the CD in the Sedona Method course about this yesterday. Hale said he was fantasizing about the commission on his deals before they were closed and wasn't able to take appropriate action to actually close them. He said he transported himself in his mind to "fantasy land" and was denying what was actually here,... i.e. Stuck in the emotion of Lust which has an "I can't" component to it so he wasn't able to take right action on his deals. Then once he dropped that, he said he was closing Deal after Deal because he wasn't projecting his mind into fantasy land but actually dealing with what was here and now.

I know that sometimes I go into fantasy land in the emotion of Lust because i'm secretly scared that it might not work out, so I'd rather fantasize about it instead of actually look at what's going on.

Tricky the mind is!!

Comment

Hi Weston!

Thanks so much for posting this. Hale communicates about this well, doesn't he?

Thanks again,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Yes, thanks Delilah and Weston. Very supportive and freeing responses. Hale is a stellar communicator. Considering it further, probably "Bank in the bank as well as in your head" holds true, too, since it needn't be an either/or, and the original statement advises mainly against using one as escape from the other. Thanks so much again!

Comment

Hi Flowzone!

Hale talks about using inclusive words and ideas. You're completely in sync with where Hale's mindset!

Warmly,
            Delilah
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
            X