Beautiful posture. How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful posture. How?

Recently, everyone began to monitor their health more and it's great. I also have problems, I noticed that I was very slouching and I would like to fix it. What advice can you give to avoid scoliosis if a person works at a computer for a long time and gets the habit of walking with a flat back?

how about a goal such as ' I allow myself to have graceful posture?' I wonder what action steps you could also take after lockdown eg weekly massages or monthly chiro treatments, or yoga classes

Comment

As a person who used to slouch a lot, I can say that it may have emotional reasons as well as physiological. The lack of confidence and seeing life as a threat makes us slouch, it's like body language attempt to protect ourselves.
      Recently i noticed (although my computer habits are still putting comfort ahead of common sense! haha) that I started walking on the street with my head high and shoulders relaxed and straightened. It surprised me, seems to have happened because I've managed to release some chunk of my fears.

Also I think Zannierose is totally right! By setting the right goal and releasing layers of feelings about your posture - you will easily get into appropriate action at some point (like visiting massage cabinet, doing some sport activities etc). Or it'll naturally fix itself. Be open to that as a possibility too.

Comment

Originally posted by zannierose View Post
        how about a goal such as ' I allow myself to have graceful posture?' I wonder what action steps you could also take after lockdown eg weekly massages or monthly chiro treatments, or yoga classes
        I will try to do this, but I'm still new to this. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by eyeeyeeye View Post
          As a person who used to slouch a lot, I can say that it may have emotional reasons as well as physiological. The lack of confidence and seeing life as a threat makes us slouch, it's like body language attempt to protect ourselves.
          Recently i noticed (although my computer habits are still putting comfort ahead of common sense! haha) that I started walking on the street with my head high and shoulders relaxed and straightened. It surprised me, seems to have happened because I've managed to release some chunk of my fears.

Also I think Zannierose is totally right! By setting the right goal and releasing layers of feelings about your posture - you will easily get into appropriate action at some point (like visiting massage cabinet, doing some sport activities etc). Or it'll naturally fix itself. Be open to that as a possibility too.
          I have some problems. I am very insecure and shy, I think it is displayed on my appearance, but I really try not to be scared and not live in anxiety. I know that somewhere deep in the subconscious there is a confident, courageous and ambitious girl. It remains only to find her.

Comment

Originally posted by KatKat View Post

I have some problems. I am very insecure and shy, I think it is displayed on my appearance, but I really try not to be scared and not live in anxiety. I know that somewhere deep in the subconscious there is a confident, courageous and ambitious girl. It remains only to find her.
            If you're only starting with the Method, this may sound a bit radical to you, but just be open to that:
            You don't have any problems. Of course, there's some appearance of them, but by thinking they are real - you're giving them life. They're maintaining their realistic features at your cost! And when you decide to let go of wanting to make them real - you regain that energy and confidence, you open to the world and it opens to you.

So I'd recommend you to let go of trying NOT to be scared, NOT to live an anxiety (awareness doesn't translate "not", so you end up holding fear and anxiety in mind, don't you?). Instead, choose to be courageous and explorative. It'll require some work and you'll have to let go of some deeply grounded old habits - but it's sooo worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X