Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people willing to risk their health to lose weight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people willing to risk their health to lose weight?

I've notices this pretty scary trend on this site. As a Master Fitness Trainer, I am concerned with fitness moreso than weight. I understand that people want to lose weight quickly, but at what risk? Is it really worth it? Wouldn't you rather lose weight slowly and improve your health than go on a crash diet that ruins your health, ultimately slows down your metabolism, and causes you to gain more weight?

What can be done to stop this trend? I know that many Americans are overweight, but I think in the long run, this obsession with quick weight loss is going to cause a health crisis greater than that caused by simply being overweight.

Why take pills when you have the sedona method? When I started releasing I lost 2,5 pounds in a couple of months, without even wanting it
    AT

Comment

There is no doubt the use of the weight lose pills are not best for the longer period of time. So we don't take such type of pills without the permission of good doctors.

Comment

Many peoples take medicines for weight loss but they are harmful and have a side effects. Many peoples do not take food properly its also harmful for our health. It increase metabolism and weakness. Take a healthy food.

Comment

Since I started releasing I gained 5 kilo's instead of losing them

Comment

How have you been going about releasing?

Alex

Comment

The glamor of being slim and sexy and being able to control and manipulate others with that image and be "loved" for it usually far outweighs any health concerns. A form of hypnosis at work.
              Waking up seems to be the solution.

Comment

This is true that using pills and medicines are harmful for health. It is good to avoid using pills for weight lose. Natural ways are always good for weight lose like exercise and diet.

Comment

Actually obesity is also a root cause of several diseases. There are a lot of Health Problems that have been noticed in Adults which are a result of obesity. These include:

High Blood Pressure
                  Coronary Heart Disease
                  Asthma
                  Heart Stroke
                  Abnormal Blood Fats
                  Diabetes (Type 2)
                  Cancer ( There is a risk for breast, colon, gall bladder & endometrial cancers.)
                  Reproductive Problem

So some people are willing to take a risk to avoid problems like these in the mere future. Some people have weight loss pills while other go for weight loss surgery. There are also many who try to lose weight through exercising but only a few stay dedicated till the end(because they don't see any quick results). I know this because I was obese once & it was only last year that I got rid of obesity through lap band surgery.

Comment

The problem is that many diets promise quick results, but the weight loss is not sustained. This creates a cycle of yo-yo dieting. For long-term weight loss, the best approach is to lose at a slow, steady pace of one to two pounds a week.

Comment

I have been dieting over a month now and still I can’t avoid on eating. I have a big problem over dieting because when I so yummy food I can’t stop myself from eating. This is hard for me since I want to apply for a flight steward someday. I am now a general manager but my dream job is becoming an FA. Hope I can maintain my figure until I have the right experience for becoming an FA.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been dieting over a month now and still I can’t avoid on eating. I have a big problem over dieting because when I so yummy food I can’t stop myself from eating. This is hard for me since I want to apply for a flight steward someday. I am now a general manager but my dream job is becoming an FA. Hope I can maintain my figure until I have the right experience for becoming an FA.

Comment

Comment

hi Eren 24 - have you written a goal around eg ''maintaining your figure''?

zannierose

Comment

Hi Eren24!

Yes, zannierose's suggestion to write up a goal statement for yourself around this issue is extremely useful if you release on the goal statement.

Also, you can release on what thoughts and feelings come up when you are around yummy food. When we eat when we aren't hungry, even if the food is yummy, we are using the food for things other than hunger. The way to release on food and our behavior around food is to make a deal with yourself that allows you to eat whatever you want as long as you release before you eat.

Let us now how things unfold,
                            Delilah
                            Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 01-31-2017, 09:53 AM.
                            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by zannierose View Post
                              hi Eren 24 - have you written a goal around eg ''maintaining your figure''?

zannierose
                              Yup! I have a diet plan and following it. But I think due to stress on work I end up eating a lot when seeing such yummy foods just to comfort myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X