Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still a Smoker or Craving Cigarettes? How to Eliminate Nicotine Cravings Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still a Smoker or Craving Cigarettes? How to Eliminate Nicotine Cravings Forever

Of the 46 million Americans who smoke cigarettes, most are either trying to or want to quit, according to the American Heart Association (AHA). In fact, since 1965, more than 49 percent of all adults who have ever smoked have quit.

Health concerns are typically the reason why more than four in five smokers say they want to quit, as smoking is the number one cause of preventable disease and death in the United States, according to the 2004 Surgeon General´s Report.

Specifically, smoking is the number one cause of lung cancer, which in turn is the most common cause of cancer-related death in both men and women in the United States, according to the National Cancer Institute. Meanwhile, smoking contributes to other lung problems and heart problems such as:
    • Atherosclerosis (fatty buildups in the arteries)
    • Blood clots
    • Coronary artery spasm
    • Heart rhythm problems

Meanwhile, although the AHA reports that about one-third of tobacco users will die prematurely because of their dependence on tobacco, quitting smoking results in significant health benefits.

One year after quitting smoking, for instance, your risk of coronary heart disease related to smoking is reduced by half, and after 15 years off cigarettes the risk is similar to that for people who have never smoked. Further, men who quit smoking between the ages of 35 and 39 add an average of five years to their lives, while women in this age group gain three years.

Adding years to your life is certainly priceless, but quitting smoking does more than just extend your lifespan: it can fatten your wallet. Smokers pay not only for cigarettes themselves but also must dish out more for health insurance, dry cleaning and teeth cleaning, and they tend to lose money on resale value of their cars and homes.

A person who smokes about a pack a day can spend close to $1,700 a year on cigarettes alone, while an MSN Money article pointed out that a 40-year-old man who quits smoking and instead invests the money into a 401(k) earning 9% interest would have close to $250,000 by the time he´s 70.

Do You Need Help Kicking the Habit or Staying Quit?

Most smokers do have the desire to quit smoking, but need a bit of support breaking the physical and emotional addiction to cigarettes.

Every time you reach for a cigarette, there is an underlying feeling driving you to do so. Perhaps you are bored, anxious, tired, excited, craving nicotine or simply in the habit of smoking at a certain time (such as first thing in the morning or after eating).

The key to quitting smoking and staying smoke-free after you´ve quit is to learn to release these underlying feelings with The Sedona Method,®, a do-it-yourself tool that is scientifically proven to help you break free from addictions such as smoking.

“Even though nicotine is physically addictive, letting go can dramatically reduce or eliminate your cravings,” says Hale Dwoskin, CEO and director of training of Sedona Training Associates. “So in addition to whatever you're doing medically to quit smoking, it´s a huge aid to also let go of whatever emotion or group of emotions that are motivating you to continue the behavior.”

“The best way to do this is to simply welcome the feelings associated with your craving and then let them go as best you can,” Dwoskin continues. “You can also allow yourself to become aware of when you crave a cigarette. Once you become more aware of what you are feeling when you do crave a cigarette you can then let go of whatever emotion is motivating you to feel that you need a cigarette in order to relax or to simply feel okay.”

As you release you´ll also have an easier time identifying the positive feelings you get from smoking, then figuring out how to get these positive feelings without needing a cigarette.

“The more you release your cravings and whatever emotions are motivating you to smoke, the more the behavior pattern dissolves,” Dwoskin says. “If you're willing to be persistent in your releasing you'll find that you can let go of any addiction, including the addiction to cigarettes.”
    Purchase Letting Go Movie on DVD http://www.lettinggo.tv/moviedvd/
    Purchase Beyond Letting Go http://www.lettinggo.tv/beyond-lettinggo/
    Purchase The Sedona Method Course http://www.sedona.com/transform
    Learn The Sedona Method in 2 hours. http://opti1.lettinggo.tv/smc-quickstudy/

Wonderfully explained the concept of eliminating Nicotine Cravings....
    CelaBright

Comment

Originally posted by abnerson
      Smoking is really dangerous to health and fitness... It can cause so many dangerous disease's like the
      lungs cancer and also can kill the immune system of the body directly or indirectly.... I advised my friends
      to quit smoking and led a better one and good one healthy life...
      I quit smoking almost daily. As a matter of fact, how can I quit smoking when I'm not smoking... I NEED to smoke to quit it.

Even the goal hale suggest in the 20cd course: " I allow myself to be a non-smoker" still puts the focus on smoking for me.

"I allow myself to enjoy the fresh air every time I take a breath" would be a better goal for me.
      or something similar.

Although I have not yet made a goal for quitting smoking (it has not come up yet).
      I have cut back tremendously since I have started releasing...

Where at first I smoked a pack of cigarettes daily (sometimes more)...
      Now I almost get through a whole week with only one pack, and the reason it is ALMOST is because I share my smokes with anyone who asks.

Comment

Working...
      X