Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Want to Get Fit for Summer? Here’s How to Get Past Six Emotional Hurdles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Want to Get Fit for Summer? Here’s How to Get Past Six Emotional Hurdles!

Forget New Year’s resolutions, it’s during springtime that most people start to think about really getting fit for summer. And what better motivation than the coming warm weather … and reduced clothing to go along with it.

"The peak of dieting is in March, because June is just around the corner, and that's when you're going to be wearing fewer clothes," Harry Balzer, vice president of the NPD Group, a market research firm, told USA Today.

In fact, according to an NPD Group survey, 28 percent of people surveyed during the last week of January said they were on a diet,compared with 30 percent at the end of March.

It’s anyone’s guess, really, just how many of us are currently pining away for a slimmer, trimmer figure to fit in our swimsuits,shorts and sleeveless tops, but we’d venture to say that it could be the majority. And to lose weight and get in shape, most of us also know what we need to do: eat healthier and exercise.

By changing our diets to cut out junk food and focus on more fruits and vegetables, and by setting aside time each day to workout, most of us could reach our fitness goals with flying colors.

So why are so many of us still out of shape?

“Most of us who are out of shape or who carry excess weigh tare not just carrying the weight from lack of exercise or eating too much,”says Hale Dwoskin, CEO and director of training of Sedona Training Associates.“We often use weight as an excuse to avoid life or to give ourselves an artificial sense of protection from that which we find threatening.”

“We also tend to get into ruts and resist change when it comes to how we eat and how we take care of our bodies,” he continues.

In other words, many of the hurdles holding you back from fitness are emotionally based, and it’s only by dealing with these emotions that you’ll get the body you’re after.

With that in mind, here are six of the top emotional hurdles that may prevent you from getting in shape, AND how to overcome them.

1. Resistance to Change
    Do you dread the thought of trading your lunchtime cheeseburger for a salad, or make up every excuse in the book to avoid going to the gym? Well, most of us have to make some changes in our lifestyles in order to get fit, and if you resist the change, you resist getting in shape as well.

“One of the best ways to follow through on your diet and exercise routines is to allow yourself to let go of the resistance to change,” Dwoskin says.

From now on before you decide what to eat for dinner or whether or not to exercise, take a minute to let go of your resistance using The Sedona Method. With this simple technique, you’ll be able to release the negative thoughts and emotions that are keeping you stuck in the status quo.

In their place,you’ll feel an open sense of freedom that you may not have felt before, and with that freedom from the negative you’ll start embracing the steps you need to get fit.

2. Stress, Depression, Loneliness and Other Negative Feelings
    Eating to control stress, depression, loneliness, boredom and an endless list of other negative emotions is a familiar form of suffering for many of us. While it may seem comforting at the time, it is truly a recipe for failure.

“It is extremely helpful to let go of whatever feelings are either motivating you to eat when you know you shouldn't, or are causing you to not do the things you know you should do in order to feel better about yourself and your body,” Dwoskin says.

To help you out, be sure to listen to this free Sedona Method Overeating Release.

3. Not Wanting to Put Yourself First
    Getting fit is a commitment, one that takes time. To allow yourself the freedom to exercise each day and the time to cook healthier meals, you must be willing to put your need sand desires at the top of your list of priorities.

If you are stuck in the mindset that you have to take care of everyone else first, and there’s no time left for you, start releasing your need to take care of everyone, and your resistance to putting yourself first.

4. Laziness
    If you want to get in shape, but you’re just not quite ready to put in the work it takes to do so, it could be a sign of laziness.If you are acting lazy on the outside, it’s likely because of negative emotions, such as fear, frustration, sadness, shame or lack of self-esteem, on the inside. The key, then, to overcoming laziness lies in releasing those negative emotions with The Sedona Method.

5. Discouragement
    Expecting to see major results immediately, then getting discouraged, is common. Unfortunately,this causes many people to throw in the towel and go back to unhealthy ways.Though it’s easier NOT to keep going, ultimately you’ll feel so much better ifyou stick to your new fitness routine.

So if you begin to feel discouraged, release not only your feelings of discouragement but also your expectations of immediate results.

6. Not Loving Your Body
    A positive body image will boost your self-esteem, your sense of well-being and peace, and even your very happiness. On the other hand, if you don’t love your body it can prevent you from moving forward.

“When you begin any fitness program, I would start out by allowing yourself to love your body as itis,” Dwoskin says. “The more you can love your body as it is, the easier it will be for you to take care of it the way you know is best.”

While all of these emotional hurdles have the potential to hold you back from the fitness you deserve, you can overcome the barriers by learning to release negative emotions with The Sedona Method. The Method really can help you make great strides in sticking to your diet and exercise plans this summer, so you can start loving your body and truly living your life.
    Purchase Letting Go Movie on DVD http://www.lettinggo.tv/moviedvd/
    Purchase Beyond Letting Go http://www.lettinggo.tv/beyond-lettinggo/
    Purchase The Sedona Method Course http://www.sedona.com/transform
    Learn The Sedona Method in 2 hours. http://opti1.lettinggo.tv/smc-quickstudy/

Hi,

I used to have the following pattern: I used to gain weight in order to reject someone. Whenever I quit I lost the weight within a very short period of time. Now, I have been gaining weight to reject someone I love.
    It took some time for me to realize that it was still the same pattern. And for me, especially no. 2, 3 and 6 apply - but I am going to let go of all of them.

I addition I used to punish myself for not eating the right stuff/not exercising.
    And of course the resistance to eating healthy food and to exercising.

And of course the whole story of being safely hidden behind the body fat...

Thank you again for reminding me to keep going.

Love,
    Astrid

Comment

If you want to get fitness you must just stay away from the fast food. You should eat healthy and home food made food and side by side also do the exercise daily.

Comment

Well,

who never experienced self-sabotage and emotional setbacks can easily say that you only need to stay away from junk food and exercise daily. I often experience that I use food to comfort myself or to stuff down my feelings. It is much easier to keep a healthy way of living if you let go of your emotional baggage first...

Love,
        Astrid

Comment

Working...
        X