More than 80 percent of Americans believe in miracles, according to The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. Yet, ask who has actually experienced a miracle and the percentage goes down. One Newsweek poll found that just 48 percent of Americans say they have experienced or witnessed a miracle.

But perhaps experiencing a miracle is all a matter of your perception.

Miracleby definition has several different meanings. It may be:
  • An event that appears to be contrary to the laws of nature
  • An event or action that is totally amazing, extraordinary or unexpected
  • Something admired as a marvelous creation

It can also be life itself.

Life is a miracle here and now. If you are pessimistic or are simply waiting for something to change or happen in order to discover the miracles that are unfolding here now you miss them,says Hale Dwoskin, CEO and director of training of Sedona Training Associates.

When you consider the definitions above, so many things are miraculous. A loved one overcoming an illness against all odds. A perfect day, in which everything seems to go your way or even a few perfect hours. And anything existing in nature would certainly fit the bill.

Then there are those small every day miracles that we so often shake off as coincidence or happenstance. Running into an old friend at the grocery store who just so happens to have a job connection for you. Waiting an extra second to go through a green light and avoiding a collision. Seeing your child smile for the first time. All miracles.

What Miracles are You Missing?

Miracles happen everyday, and they happen to you. Whether or not you see them, now that is another question.

If you are holding on to preconceived notions about life, or expectations that nothing extraordinary will happen to you, you are hindering the natural progression of miracles in your life. You simply must let go of these thoughts to move forward.

The best way to see the miracle that is life is to let go and simply show up here and now as what you are,Dwoskin says.The more you let go and simply pay attention to what is unfolding here and now the more everything appears to be miraculous and the happier you feel now.

Take the experience of one Sedona Method graduate who was able to release and allow a miracle to occur:

Today I woke up to a power outage that knocked out my alarm clock and more importantly my computer. My whole business life centers around my computer. After discussing the problem with my computer expert it was narrowed down to either needing a new motherboard or power supply unit but most likely all my memory would be lost. After hearing this I immediately applied your Releasing method and BELIEVED I was attracting the perfect solution and all would be well. HERE'S THE MIRACLE...my computer came back on it's own! I'm able to write this message to you from it now!

This is not at all unusual as you learn to let go of your emotional blocks, and the best part is that the more you release, the more miracles you attract into your life!

What you are is a miracle, it is not something you get from outside of yourself,says Dwoskin.So let go and be what you already are and allow this miracle to flow in all parts of life.