Yuletide sadness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuletide sadness

Most unhappy moment, but it didn't last long.

We found out yesterday (Christmas Eve) after my wife and I had finished work, that our 17 year old daughter had posted on Facebook, a picture of her newly pierced tongue. Even though we hadn't had any choice in voicing our opinions about her other piercings, we were really unhappy that she had done this.
    But, the topper was our daughter decided Christmas Eve to stay out with her boyfriend, spend all day with her boyfriend, his family for lunch AND then have supper on Christmas Day at their place as well. Sad, anger and a myriad of negative emotions and feeling went through my mind and heart having heard about this.

As I mentioned, it didn't last long as I was (thanks to the free gifts that Hale had provided for this special occasion), prepared, having done so much releasing before the holidays with releasing a lot of the unexpected feelings that welled up at that moment. In a short period of time, I no longer worried about our daughter, the piercings, her lack of any self respect, the complete and total lack of love, compassion, giving of herself, her understanding of our feelings as I went through the entire session of releasing. I couldn't believe how quickly I felt afterwards.

Suffice to say, my wife and I had a wonderful, peaceful, loving Christmas and we shared more together than we were able throughout the year!

Many thanks to Hale for being there to help me cope, get over and move on with my life.

Armand

Originally posted by Armand View Post
    Most unhappy moment, but it didn't last long.

We found out yesterday (Christmas Eve) after my wife and I had finished work, that our 17 year old daughter had posted on Facebook, a picture of her newly pierced tongue. Even though we hadn't had any choice in voicing our opinions about her other piercings, we were really unhappy that she had done this.
    But, the topper was our daughter decided Christmas Eve to stay out with her boyfriend, spend all day with her boyfriend, his family for lunch AND then have supper on Christmas Day at their place as well. Sad, anger and a myriad of negative emotions and feeling went through my mind and heart having heard about this.

As I mentioned, it didn't last long as I was (thanks to the free gifts that Hale had provided for this special occasion), prepared, having done so much releasing before the holidays with releasing a lot of the unexpected feelings that welled up at that moment. In a short period of time, I no longer worried about our daughter, the piercings, her lack of any self respect, the complete and total lack of love, compassion, giving of herself, her understanding of our feelings as I went through the entire session of releasing. I couldn't believe how quickly I felt afterwards.

Suffice to say, my wife and I had a wonderful, peaceful, loving Christmas and we shared more together than we were able throughout the year!

Many thanks to Hale for being there to help me cope, get over and move on with my life.

Armand
    Hi Armand,

I love this post. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

..... I no longer worried about our daughter, the piercings, her lack of any self respect, the complete and total lack of love, compassion, giving of herself, her understanding of our feelings as I went through the entire session of releasing. I couldn't believe how quickly I felt afterwards.
      Armand, I am in two minds about your post. I understand you came to a more balanced state of mind about what made you upset, but I also feel there is more to it. I sense from your post that while you care about your daughter, you also have a lot of judgments about her and what she chooses to do in her life. I suggest if I may that you keep releasing on that. No wonder she is acting out, she needs your support and understanding. I trust you'll be able to heal the relationship with your daughter totally.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
        Armand, I am in two minds about your post. I understand you came to a more balanced state of mind about what made you upset, but I also feel there is more to it. I sense from your post that while you care about your daughter, you also have a lot of judgments about her and what she chooses to do in her life. I suggest if I may that you keep releasing on that. No wonder she is acting out, she needs your support and understanding. I trust you'll be able to heal the relationship with your daughter totally.
        Okaaaayyyyy!

I'm not certain what it was you were trying to convey, but I just decided that getting upset, angry or anything emotionally negative along these lines did not serve me or any purpose. I just let it go and the problems. No extra meanings were implied.

She neither needs my support or understanding because alas, she has chosen not to converse with us on anything going on in her life. To ask her, creates a state of 'headaches', 'sleepiness', and lies on her part. As this has being going on for many years and has become a way of life, releasing on this and other things before the holidays was an immense relief and of peace. While we never liked the ideas and the actions she took, she made the choices in the end and never gave any concern for our thoughts, feelings, and any repercussions as to how this could affect her health and her future, something we could have talked about BEFORE she acted. But as a result of doing her piercings BEFORE we knew, it was a disappointment.

So, I no longer worry about what she has done or what she will do. It's isn't in the moment. I also feel better for accepting what she has done, for what she IS, and I choose to be....just be....and I am at peace.

Armand

Comment

She neither needs my support or understanding because alas, she has chosen not to converse with us on anything going on in her life. To ask her, creates a state of 'headaches', 'sleepiness', and lies on her part. As this has being going on for many years and has become a way of life, releasing on this and other things before the holidays was an immense relief and of peace.
          OK. Thanks for writing it in this way, I understand better. As you said, your upset wouldn't help anybody. True.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
            OK. Thanks for writing it in this way, I understand better. As you said, your upset wouldn't help anybody. True.
            So, it's no longer in the moment, it's in the past. What was, was. I am contented, as we all can be, to BE..

I'm grateful for the chat.

Armand.

Comment

yes

Comment

Same with my daughter over the past few years, minus the tongue piercing. SM helped me too this Christmas. Lester said if you love someone you give them what they want, so when you find yourself buying a tongue piercing stud for her, I suppose that means you're released. Not there with my own daughter, but it is better to have a Christmas, which could have been painful, without pain.

Comment

Working...
                X