Living out of the ego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living out of the ego

I would like to inquire about constant problem affecting my life concerning doing Letting GO. That is how to live in the present while the information that we have about the sedona method has become part of our Identity and part of us from a past experience; so we are living in the past while we are releasing because our knowledge itself is from a past experience. Also i have another problem which is that the subconcious beliefs are trying protect me from doing something new so I am kept in the circle of TRYING. How Can I get out of this painful CYCLE and be original every time i make releasing? Thanks

HI Miskawi
    Funnily enough a friend and I were releasing on this this afternoon. What made the difference was welcoming this trying, and noticing the underlying want. Which want is underneath the trying? Could you welcome that?

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I would like to inquire about constant problem affecting my life concerning doing Letting GO. That is how to live in the present while the information that we have about the sedona method has become part of our Identity and part of us from a past experience; so we are living in the past while we are releasing because our knowledge itself is from a past experience.
      Miskawi, keep it simple. The thinking mind is a mechanism that projects the past into the future and creates a lot of fiction- nonsense that covers the bliss of being. Use the SM to uncover your ground of being, then when there, just be..Nothing more is needed. The ego is the biggest thief. It will snatch any good tool and try to trick you with it, confuse you. So again, keep it simple, because Truth is simple. Only ego complicates things.

Also i have another problem which is that the subconcious beliefs are trying protect me from doing something new so I am kept in the circle of TRYING. How Can I get out of this painful CYCLE and be original every time i make releasing? Thanks
      1) you don't have a problem, you only think that you do.

2) the unconscious mind is a set of survival beliefs, a suitcase of tricks how to survive in this world. They are misconceptions and this whole world is your dream. You do not need any survival tricks, you are, infinitely are...why worry about survival?

You are not your body, so who cares about the body? The body is a vehicle, like a car. It's good to take care of it because the journey through life is more pleasant when the vehicle functions well. To identify with the body is craziness. Likewise, trying is a pretense, it is the mind pretending that something will happen and seeing to that it never does. You see that. Just stop trying and do whatever you want to, or even better, just be and accept whatever is, stop trying and the mind will die so that you can live. That is the quickest way to completion.
      Last edited by pixie; 12-28-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for both replies by Evie and Pixie. Both are helpful and practical. My question to Pixie is this :Are the ego and the body the same? Is it useful or correct to live out of the ego by imagining that one is living without his sensing his own body? Is this conclusion right? Thanks.

Comment

My question to Pixie is this: Are the ego and the body the same? Is it useful or correct to live out of the ego by imagining that one is living without his sensing his own body? Is this conclusion right? Thanks.
          Miskawi, my 'cosmology' is that we are an infinite consciousness which is here appearing anchored in the body. The ego is a mental structure that maintains the idea of separation, while in fact we are the wholeness itself (aka consciousness, awareness aware consciousnee, people call it differently, even God). The body does what the mind tells it to.

The term ego is used differently in psychology and in different spiritual disciplines.

When we have a body and the psychological development was 'normal' there is a functioning ego; but in the realm of spirit the ego will stand for the obstruction(=unlove), for the idea of separation and a though of being somehow defect, not good enough, unworthy e.t.c. whatever term one gives it.

The body can be enjoyed but it is a temporary experience. Nothing wrong with that.
          Did I answer your question?

Comment

Thanks Pixie for your answers. I got it.

Comment

Pixie, that was so beautiful that I wept <3

Comment

Hi. Pixie, I would like to add 1 thing if I may. I would not regard the mind or ego as a bad thing. It is a very powerful and good servant but a very bad master (the words of Hale). And, from what I have heard and listened to recently, when you are living in oneness or non-duality, the mind continues to be there. However, you don't identify yourself with it - which means it is your servant so to speak. If the body does what the mind tells it to, the mind is still the master. How does that sit with everyone?

When you live in non-seperation, what then happens is that (the old) you stops seeking for wholeness or completeness.

"Also i have another problem which is that the subconcious beliefs are trying protect me from doing something new" [email protected]

Think about it this way: what actually is, is always new. That means, everything that you do is new, even if it seems to be something similar or identical from the past. You cannot experience something twice. Now, if your subconscious is trying to protect you from doing something new it is actually fooling itself, as you are constantly doing something new anyway. (this is maybe something you can welcome if there is resistance) Now, we don't need to be hard on ourselves for doing this. Our minds don't understand anything else. But think of being a child. You spin around and around till you are dizzy and you fall down laughing because it is so much fun. Then you get up and do it again. And again and again and again etc. etc. You can do this for the whole day, and every time it is just as much fun. You are experiencing it for the first time, every time. The mind is not telling us - stop, this is boring, I have already done this before, try and find something new to experience. Life is or can be, depending on how much power the mind is wielding, like this.

Okay, now, the mind and body and their relationship as far as I can see it at the moment. I think they belong together. One is not necessarily the other but there is the body, and there is the body-mind. I don't think you can separate them. They, or it, however, are/is not you. They are very useful for living in our time-space (seeming) reality. Without them we would miss out on a lot of things including fun. These things are, of course, all concepts, which are food for the mind. We can enjoy that and let it come and go as it does. We don't need to have a personal judgment on any of this. If we can let that fall away, all is well. There is what is. There isn't what isn't. End of story. Don't try. Allow that to be here, what already is here. It always was, and always will be. Even if time doesn't exist

Oh, sorry, I began this reply saying I wanted to add 1 thing. Oh well

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if we could stop thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                    Wouldn't it be cool if we could stop thinking?
                    I just did........

Comment

Working...
                    X