X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck in current job

Hi All,

I need help using the Sedona method for the following life situation:

I am stuck in my current job for 10 years. In the initial years the job used to pay well. But now it does not. People who have joined later are earning more. Though I know I will get a better paying job, I am not at all trying. A part of me says that I will easily get a job; another part says that I will not get a job with my current skills and I need to update my skills. The worst part is I am not at all trying to get a new job.

Sometimes I feel that I need not do anything and things will happen if it has to. Sometime I feel bad for not trying and I feel that I am trying to hide my incompetency by releasing/accepting the current situation.

Thanks in advance for all your help/guidance.

--Sathya

Originally posted by Sathya View Post
    Hi All,

I need help using the Sedona method for the following life situation:

I am stuck in my current job for 10 years. In the initial years the job used to pay well. But now it does not. People who have joined later are earning more. Though I know I will get a better paying job, I am not at all trying. A part of me says that I will easily get a job; another part says that I will not get a job with my current skills and I need to update my skills. The worst part is I am not at all trying to get a new job.

Sometimes I feel that I need not do anything and things will happen if it has to. Sometime I feel bad for not trying and I feel that I am trying to hide my incompetency by releasing/accepting the current situation.

Thanks in advance for all your help/guidance.

--Sathya
    So what kind of releasing have you done already?

I would recommend you do advantages / disadvantages on staying in that job and advantages / disadvantages on looking for a new one.

Also see if you resonate with doing written releasing on wanting to be controlled. The chapter about w/c starts at page 157 in the SM book and I have the feeling it might be interesting to focus on wanting to be controlled.

Happy releasing,

Jan
    Skype me up - schedule your free session now!

Comment

Thanks Jan!!

I have done advantages/disadvantages on looking for a new job.

I will try the other releasing you've suggested.

-- Sathya

Comment

Hi Sathy,

I would recommend you also do advantages/disadvantages on your old job.

And of course try triplwe welcoming on the situation.

Do you have a releasing partner or have you been talking to a coach?

Love,

Jan
        Skype me up - schedule your free session now!

Comment

I would release on the feelings around having the same job for 10 years. Bet there is a lot of mind treasure there to get mining. It will help to bring you into the now, into what is, which is just being. Remember there is no past, it just appears that way, every single moment, right here, right now is fresh and new. A tip also for your tool bag, don't use the word "trying", it is used in hypnotherapy a lot to imply that you can't do something. Try suggests will fail. Peace.

Comment

Hi Sathya, Jan and Sundchild,

Great Thread!

I think that both Jan and Sunchild have really great suggestions here.

You mentioned feeling stuck. Can you welcome that feeling stuck...notice where you feel this in the body...and see if there is any wanting to get rid of that feeling? Could you let go of wanting to get rid of the stuck feeelings? Would you? When?

Sunchild suggested releasing on the old job and I suspect he is on to something deeper here.

Check and see what your likes and dislikes are around the old job and release on those like you would advantages and disadvantages,

Also, so many of us are afraid to admit that we don't want/like to work. If we can allow ourselves to invite all the resistance to working to come up and release on that then that helps flow too. When we release on the resistance we discover that there is lots of suppressed energy that can come up and turn work into fun again.

Check also to see if there is any apathy lurking around and notice what wants that is stirring up so you can release on that too.

Lastly, explore for any disapproval towards yourself for any of this and release on that as well.

Let us know how it goes,
            Delilah
            Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 01-10-2011, 11:29 AM.
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
              Also, so many of us are afraid to admit that we don't want/like to work.

Hi Delilah,

I agree.

There is a deeper resistance to work. I thought it is unique to me because I see people around me who are very much work centered/career oriented.

-- Sathya.

Comment

No doubt a very common resistance for many!!

Comment

Working...
                X