Releasing procedure for grief/loss ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Releasing procedure for grief/loss ?

I have searched on any tape, mp3 etc. and havent found a course or some exercises especially for grief or loss.
    Even not a post on the subject here at the forum!

There are programs for almost everything else: health issues, financial issues, relations, anger, fear etc...etc...
    But WHY nothing at all to help the person who has experienced a loss?

I any of you know about a procedure to follow for grieving people, I would be happy!

Something like:

Allow yourself to feel your grief, any pictures, sounds. etc.....
    Do you hold on the person you lost? Could you let go of wanting him/her back?
    Do you want to be connected to the person that is not here anymore? Could you let go of that?

How NICE if would be if there were a CD/mp3 to buy that could assist someone (me) in a grieving proces....

If anybody have had results from using a specific series of questions, I would be happy.

hi there- welcome to the forum. You say you are working through TSM - have you come across the clean up exercise yet? I wonder if that simple process would be a gentle next step in addressing this? I have found it to be very helpful .
    zannie rose

Comment

Hi Opllars

If you haven't participated in Fiona Moore's online retreat of these last 3 days, try to sign up for it (if it's still possible) to gain access to the recordings. Melanie Smithson addresses grief/loss in her session (on request), and she guides through a release. I haven't heard all sessions yet, so I don't know if anybody else talks about that in particular, but any of those guided releases (and all the information) might be helpful, since grief has many aspects.

Best wishes,
      canary

Comment

canary- that is so spooky - I just came back to suggest that too- talk about effortless..I did not even have to type it!

Zannie Rose

Comment

Zannierose - lucky you :-)
          See how we are all connected? I've just finished listening to Maarten's session (Wow!), and when Susan calls in and asks/talks about exactly that. I still have goosebumps ...

Comment

canary - how cool is that. I listened to his call too - but drifted off at one point and only 'came' back' at the end of Susan's question, so have no conscious idea of what she addressed. it is funny to still drift off during releasing telecalls even after a few years of being involved with the method.

Comment

I have heard Hale on an audio regarding loss. In the holistic part he says something like, "Could you feel as attracted to that object as you do?", then, "Could you feel as repulsed by that object as your do?" Loss, grief--to me-- is a feeling of wanting to have something again. I can easily feel that. I don't know what he means by feeling as repulsed as you do--and he does not say "as you can" but "as you DO". I don't feel repulsed by something I want back, so I don't understand this. Anyone know what I mean?

Comment

There is always an aspect of not wanting something, however tiny. A small part of you wants to push it away. However much that is, that's as much as you do.

Alex

Comment

Hi opllars
                  First of all, sorry for your loss.
                  In the "Beyond Letting Go" program there is a track called "Releasing Grief." The majority of this is also on the "Letting Go" DVD. In this release, a man still feels pain about his wife's death 20 years previously and Hale guides him to peace. I found it very helpful to listen to, even in the first few days after my father's death 7 weeks ago. In it Hale explains that we hold onto the pain because we think it somehow connects us to the person we have lost, but in fact, the pain makes us feel more separate. So if we allow the pain to release we feel the connection more. This is definitely been my experience these last weeks.

I have also found it very helpful just to read over the list of different words for grief in the Sedona Method book. Somehow realising that a thought such as, "It's not fair," is part of grief makes it easier to let go.

The other thing I've noticed is that if I tell myself I should be able to let go (and I've noticed myself do this a few times) then it just makes everything feel more painful. Whereas, if I allow the sadness then generally it eases.

Perhaps try this: it's what I do, though not in a formal release: Allow yourself to miss the person as much as you do, and then allow yourself to feel their presence as much as you do.

Also, I've written a bit about my feelings on my blog, which maybe would be helpful to you. (It's mainly about my gratitude for his life though also about allowing the feelings that come up.) I'm not sure if we are allowed to leave links here, but if you'd like to read that, my blog is called inquiringparent.com and the post is: Giving Thanks, Hurting and Healing.
                  Last edited by Sedona Training -- Alex; 10-09-2013, 04:03 AM. Reason: URL not relevant to topic

Comment

Originally posted by FocusBC View Post
                    I have heard Hale on an audio regarding loss. In the holistic part he says something like, "Could you feel as attracted to that object as you do?", then, "Could you feel as repulsed by that object as your do?" Loss, grief--to me-- is a feeling of wanting to have something again. I can easily feel that. I don't know what he means by feeling as repulsed as you do--and he does not say "as you can" but "as you DO". I don't feel repulsed by something I want back, so I don't understand this. Anyone know what I mean?
                    Hi focus!

Let's start by welcoming all the feelings that come up around the loss, including wanting to have it again. Could you just open up and let all that wanting to be here as best you can?

When you don't resonate with a particular release or a particular wording for a release just disregard it for the time being. You can always check again if there is anything there for you later on. And you might find that the holistic process is more meaningful for you when it is worded differently or about another topic.

Explore this:

Could you resist the grief as much as you do?

Could welcome the grief as best you can?

Hale's wording of that aforementioned holistic release, like all holistic releases, is steeped in the apparent opposites that appear in everything the mind can see, hear, think, feel, conceive, remember, and fantasize. So consider the possibility that that which we fear is also that which we revere. That which we want is also that which we resist, etc. The best way to use a holistic release is to let go of wanting the mind to align itself with the opposing ideas and just allow the words to wash over you. Allow yourself to go back and forth and remember that "no", if you get a "no" for an answer, is a perfect answer. You can still have a great release even if you get "no" for an answer.
                    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 10-08-2013, 06:32 PM.
                    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by Evie View Post
                      Hi opllars
                      First of all, sorry for your loss.
                      In the "Beyond Letting Go" program there is a track called "Releasing Grief." The majority of this is also on the "Letting Go" DVD. In this release, a man still feels pain about his wife's death 20 years previously and Hale guides him to peace. I found it very helpful to listen to, even in the first few days after my father's death 7 weeks ago. In it Hale explains that we hold onto the pain because we think it somehow connects us to the person we have lost, but in fact, the pain makes us feel more separate. So if we allow the pain to release we feel the connection more. This is definitely been my experience these last weeks.

I have also found it very helpful just to read over the list of different words for grief in the Sedona Method book. Somehow realising that a thought such as, "It's not fair," is part of grief makes it easier to let go.

The other thing I've noticed is that if I tell myself I should be able to let go (and I've noticed myself do this a few times) then it just makes everything feel more painful. Whereas, if I allow the sadness then generally it eases.

Perhaps try this: it's what I do, though not in a formal release: Allow yourself to miss the person as much as you do, and then allow yourself to feel their presence as much as you do.

Also, I've written a bit about my feelings on my blog, which maybe would be helpful to you. (It's mainly about my gratitude for his life though also about allowing the feelings that come up.) I'm not sure if we are allowed to leave links here, but if you'd like to read that, my blog is called inquiringparent.com and the post is: Giving Thanks, Hurting and Healing.

Hi evie!

What a fantastic share!!

Thanks,
                      Delilah
                      Last edited by Sedona Training -- Alex; 10-09-2013, 04:11 AM.
                      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you very much, all of you, for your replies!

I can use all the suggestions, and will look for the track you mentioned, Evie.
                        I will write down your suggestions combined with my own ideas, so that I have a list to hold on to.
                        I think many people would be happy if someone, Hale or someone else, made some audio tracks with a series of releases, that could be listened to when in a proces of grief. Like there a have been made small programs for releasing anger or helse issues etc.
                        Its nice to be guided all the way through if feeling bad, like I often listen to the basic course, the very first introductions to w/c, w/a and w/s (as I dont need the explanations that goes together with it, I have made some editing to the tracks, so that the explanations are left out). Something like that would be nice to have for grief, also. Actually it would be nice to have a whole CD with ONLY the releases, no explanations, - just an idea for Hale if he might be reading this ;-)
                        Thanks, Ole

Comment

Dear Opllars,

Search Amazon.com for Sedona Method Compilation Album. It is a collection of 31 or 32 downloadable mp3s. You can buy the album for around $9.00 or choose individual mp3 tracks. There is an excellent one on Loss. I think the individual ones are .99. I just downloaded the entire album because the price was so reasonable.

Comment

By the way, opllars, the Sedona Method Compilation Album track on Loss (available on Amazon.com) is not the same interaction as the one with the widower on the Letting Go movie (although, of course, that is very good too). It is a comprehensive yet general release that Hale does in a seminar and covers many aspects of loss I never even considered before. Also, I have enjoyed the entire album. Even the tracks with titles I felt did not refer to me have helped me very much. There are many things on each track that are helpful and can be applied to almost any of your concerns. I just checked and the entire album is downloadable for $8.99 and each track is .99 ( some tracks are quiet short though, but still very effective). Once you download, having paid for it, it belongs to you. I transferred the tracks to my ipod for mobile listening.

Comment

Working...
                            X