Movie makes it look so easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie makes it look so easy

In the Letting Go movie. Hale works one-on-one with some people. For example, a black man who feels pressure to be a positive model for his race, and a woman who feels she can't "let go" of the importance of her career. OK, I know the process is deceptively simple and all, but these folks don't seem to be THAT experienced with the method. Yet Hale pretty much asks, Could you? Would you? When? and they are completely healed...better than healed. Maybe it has something to do with Hale's presence. I keep trying but I can never get release from those questions alone. Sometimes if I release on a want or do a holistic release (for a long time) I will feel some release. Maybe it just takes more practice. I have only been practicing about 4 and a half months, but I do it very often each day and I do it for 10-20 minutes sometimes each time. Hale says keep doing the steps of any given release until you feel lighter or released. What if I just doesn't come. Sometimes I want to give up on it, but I have tried so many other things and this just seems so right or it just seems to make sense. I don't want to believe it's just one more thing that I am not able to master.

" I keep trying..."

That's a huge hold back. Could you just let go of trying?

Consider this, hold a pencil or pen in your hand... Just hold it... Now try to let it go... If you let it go you weren't trying to let it go. You cannot let go and try to let go.

The thing with working with Hale or a coach you listen to them guide you and there is no try when they ask you could you let go.

That's why on your own it's good to work with the audio course and let yourself just answer the question, Notice they answer the questions honestly, no is a correct answer, we always want to say yes and that's where trying comes in. If the answer is no, then answer no. There is no wrongness in the answer.

Alex

Comment

" I keep trying..."

That's a huge hold back. Could you just let go of trying?

Consider this, hold a pencil or pen in your hand... Just hold it... Now try to let it go... If you let it go you weren't trying to let it go. You cannot let go and try to let go.

The thing with working with Hale or a coach you listen to them guide you and there is no try when they ask you could you let go.

That's why on your own it's good to work with the audio course and let yourself just answer the question, Notice they answer the questions honestly, no is a correct answer, we always want to say yes and that's where trying comes in. If the answer is no, then answer no. There is no wrongness in the answer.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by FocusBC View Post
        In the Letting Go movie. Hale works one-on-one with some people. For example, a black man who feels pressure to be a positive model for his race, and a woman who feels she can't "let go" of the importance of her career. OK, I know the process is deceptively simple and all, but these folks don't seem to be THAT experienced with the method. Yet Hale pretty much asks, Could you? Would you? When? and they are completely healed...better than healed. Maybe it has something to do with Hale's presence. I keep trying but I can never get release from those questions alone. Sometimes if I release on a want or do a holistic release (for a long time) I will feel some release. Maybe it just takes more practice. I have only been practicing about 4 and a half months, but I do it very often each day and I do it for 10-20 minutes sometimes each time. Hale says keep doing the steps of any given release until you feel lighter or released. What if I just doesn't come. Sometimes I want to give up on it, but I have tried so many other things and this just seems so right or it just seems to make sense. I don't want to believe it's just one more thing that I am not able to master.
        hi, im new to releasing also but i would like to share something i have discovered for myself since getting stuck happens to me also.

if you let go for the purpose of dissolving your emotions, there is already a wanting for it to go away. most of the time, in my experience it is what's keeping me stuck.

the key then is to just let it go, without expecting it to go away. i find the triple welcoming here very helpful, because if i get stuck, then i just welcome the stuckness and let it be there as long it wants. who cares if its there? i find that when i do this it just dissolves.

moreover, although this has been said so many times by hale and the others, i have discovered experientially that when we let go of the emotions, we DONT dissolve them. it dissolves by itself. its like pulling the rubber plug off a tub. you pull it, and the water drains. you dont make the water drain, it does it by itself. emotions are quite volatile in nature. lol.

the thing is, when you let go, sometimes it doesnt dissolve right away. just as the water doesnt disappear in the tub the moment you pull the plug. in my experience just allowing it to be when you let go helps tremendously.

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by FocusBC View Post
          Hi FocusBC!

First, think about how many years each of us has spent learning and practicing to hold on. Letting go is natural and we actually do it all day long over and over again but we don't notice when we do. Now that we have decided to let go consciously and in a focused way it can seem like it's mysteriously difficult.

Both Alex and Wayne are sharing some extremely great pointers. See if you can allow any holding or stuck to be here as best you can. See if you can welcome the stuck or the holding as best you can. Remember that welcoming is the second most fundamental way to let go and it is extremely powerful. So, as best you can, notice, allow, open, welcome whatever it here right now. It can actually be extremely helpful if you let go of wanting to let go! Sometimes, as Wayne was explaining, wanting to let go is resistance disguised to what is here. I recommend if there is any resistance to anything, see if you could welcome that too.

Second, releasing with Hale or a coach is often very helpful in much the same way that playing tennis with a pro is helpful. When we play tennis with a pro our game improves enormously. Partly because they can offer us clues to how to improve, and they are modeling for us good form and practice. Releasing with an experience coach in some ways is even better than playing tennis with a pro because the coach is completely in flow and the bodymind of the person getting coached will instantly and effortlessly resonate and align itself with the releasing flow of the coach. This can expedite developing facility with releasing with more and ease and effectiveness. You don't need to work with a coach in order to have enormous releases but working with a coach does have it's advantages and the above is just one of them.

I encourage you to keep releasing and it will pay off big time if you keep at it.

Best,
          Delilah
          Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 10-15-2013, 09:26 AM.
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you for your response, Alex. I really did not use the appropriate wording when I said, "I keep trying". What I meant to say was that I "keep" practicing the method, or that I continue to go through the steps, or continue to ask the questions. But it may be revealing that I actually used those words "keep trying"in my post! "Calling Dr. Freud!" Your feedback is very helpful and enlightening. Thank you.

I do realize that listening to Hale on the audios or watching him in the Letting Go movie or the Jack Canfield DVD does help me. Thank you for reminding me of that!

Comment

Working...
            X