X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every feeling wants to leave… ?

Hi there

I had a couple of questions.

1. Does Sedona cooperate with Larry Crane and his release technique? Strangely enough, I've never heard Larry mention Hale or Sedona, only Lester, and I've never heard Hale mention Larry - are they like competitors?

2.I heard Larry mention something very, very interesting. He said that every feeling that comes up wants to leave. What does he mean by that? If it means what I think it means, then it really is groundbreaking. Every teacher I've ever listened to says that negative feelings thrives when we resist them and that they want to stick around… sort of, I think. But if what Larry states is true, it would mean that our negative feelings really don't have anything against us, and that all they really want is to give us their message and then leave us?? I think the reason we suffer from feelings is because our ego holds on to them, ergo: it's the holding on that causes pain.

I repeat: negative feelings do not wish to stick around like we think they do. All they want is to leave, but we seldom let them leave, but hold on to them. All this according to Larry Crane… wow, this is truly revolutionary. I would love your take on this, anyone.

Love, Robert

Well yes, as far as I know, this is true, every feeling wants to leave it's not really that groundbreaking though, because other teachers are basically saying the same thing (and you said it yourself in your post without realising it) - "that negative feelings thrive when we resist them"... which means, that all you need to do is allow/welcome/accept them and they will leave. The only thing that is holding you back from letting go of the feelings and total freedom is resistance. I think Lester said this at some point: "resistance is the program that helps keep all the other programs in place".
    All you need to do really is let go of the resistance, which is the same as letting go of wanting to change/control the feeling/program (since wanting change/control is a part of the resitance or program, or vice-versa I should say, resistance is part of the w/c program), which is again the same as welcoming/allowing/embracing/accepting the program/feeling/belief... which in turn releases the feeling - from this you can see that the feeling wants to leave, but it cannot, due to the main program your mind is running, the "resistance program".
    And as far as I know, pretty much every teacher is saying that embracing/allowing/accepting your feelings (or simply being aware of them - which again is proof that the feelings want to leave, all you have to do is observe them, which in turn makes you disidentify from them, which lets the feeling leave you or "release") is the way to do it

And regarding Larry and Hale, as far as I know they are both competitors in a way and also good friends, I've listened to an audio a couple of years ago where they were talking about the differences between the methods and they were very friendly and kind with eachother, including saying "I love you" to eachother at the end haha (can't find this audio anymore though).

Here's a link to a thread on this forum that's related to Larry (for some reason I cannot post links, so you'll have to copy/paste this to your adress bar)

community.sedona.com/letting-go-conversations/2155-hale-dwoskin-larry-crane.html

Comment

Hello Jake!

Thank you for your response!

Well, I was talking about the "groundbreaking" in the sense that, in the past, I've always felt that the negative feelings are out to get you, that they do NOT want to leave. I always felt that fear WANTED to stick around only because it demands some kind of reassurance or safety-stamp so that it could resolve whatever it was worrying about and move on. But according to Larry, and please stay with me on this one, because for it is groundbreaking:

1. According to Larry, as I understand it, the fear doesn't even want reassurance or any kind of control/security behavior regarding whatever issue is at hand?? It just wants to stay as is is, so it can leave? But why then the fear feeling?? If the fear itself doesn't demand any issue-resolve/control, then who does? IF IT'S NOT THE WORRY WHO WORRIES, THE WHO WORRIES?? The ego? Or our resistance? Perhaps ego and resistance are the same thing? I'm pretty sure it is.
      You know, I haven't really heard other teachers talk about it in this way -that's why it blew me away. It's like Larry says, to paraphrase him, that there are so many out there who just talks and talks at you, but they don't show you how to do it, and that is really annoying.

2. Very interesting what you said about there being differences in the approach to letting go between release technique and sedona method. What are those, if I may ask?

Rob

Comment

Hello Jake!

Well, I was talking about the "groundbreaking" in the sense that, in the past, I've always felt that the negative feelings are out to get you, that they do NOT want to leave. I always felt that fear WANTED to stick around only because it demands some kind of reassurance or safety-stamp so that it could resolve whatever it was worrying about and move on. But according to Larry, and please stay with me on this one, because for it is groundbreaking:

1. According to Larry, as I understand it, the fear doesn't even want reassurance or any kind of control/security behavior regarding whatever issue is at hand?? It just wants to stay as is is, so it can leave? But why then the fear feeling?? If the fear itself doesn't demand any issue-resolve/control, then who does? IF IT'S NOT THE WORRY WHO WORRIES, THE WHO WORRIES?? The ego? Or our resistance? Perhaps ego and resistance are the same thing? I'm pretty sure it is.
        You know, I haven't really heard other teachers talk about it in this way -that's why it blew me away. It's like Larry says, to paraphrase him, that there are so many out there who just talks and talks at you, but they don't show you how to do it, and that is really annoying.

2. Very interesting what you said about there being differences in the approach to letting go between release technique and sedona method. What are those, if I may ask?

Rob

Comment

in my experience of the presentation of the method by LC and HD, the content of the basic course is the same. and their presentation and emphasis varies slightly.
          it appears that the method has evolved with HD as his n emphasis now is on triple welcoming in his presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by robbiezen View Post
            Hello Jake!

Rob
            I think you're overcomplicating this a little bit more than neccesary , but I'll try to answer, if I undersand correctly what you mean-

1. Since every feeling is trying to give you a message and in a way, is trying to teach you something, the core of resolving old emotional baggage is always (and this is the basis of meditation) to feel the feeling, allow it, welcome it, embrace it and observe it, thus disidentifying from it. As you do this, the feeling dissipates and the understanding comes, immediately after that. Or should is say, in order to be more clear - the dissolution of a feeling and the understanding of the lesson behind it (the knowledge, realisations that come), are simultaneous.

The reason feelings exist is, because we are all playing the game of limitation (this is the larger context that has to be understood in order to understand why the feelings are there) and this game has been played out for many lifetimes, by us and "others". At this point, you are, with the help of spiritual teachings and methods such as the SM, leaving the game of limitation behind and rediscovering the old truth of who you are, what the world is, what Truth is.... etc.
            In order for you to leave your limitations behind, all past feelings/emotions/ideas/beliefs/thoughts must come up and be understood and let go (which is an essence the same thing - to release them is to understand their lesson and gain more of an understanding of yourself/reality)

The feeling itself can never be satisfied by and reassurance, only you can be satisfied by reassurance and as a result drop the feeling and then say that the feeling left you by itself due to the reassurance, when the reassurance gave you the courage to drop it. The only reassurance comes after you have dropped the feeling. This is perahps the control/security you are seeking for, but it doesn't come before you let it go, it is the result of dropping a feeling, or better said - allowing it to release.

And yes, ego and resistance are the same - in fact ego is the conglomerate of all the old patterns/emotions.... inside you, including resistance.

Who worries? That is a good question - in fact many teachers would ask you to get to the core of that question and see who the "worrier" is. By doing that you would see it is simply another mask, another false self you have identified with - you have identified yourself with "the one who worries". This is not who you are in your essence.

To summarise, negative feelings are not "out to get you" , they are simply trapped energy in your body, they have nothing against you, it's nothing personal you could say, they are simply programs, that you allow yourself to release (allow them to leave) and upon doing that, any knowledge or understanding, reassurance, security or control that you may seek now, is imparted on you - but the dissolution of the feeling always comes first or should I say, as the feeling is dissolved, undersanding comes.

Hope you get what I mean, and I didn't complicate it all even more

2. There are almost no differences between the methods. There are some, but they are minor. All in all I prefer Hale's approach, since he's also doing far more now (with the triple welcoming....etc.) than was originally taught by Lester.

Comment

Thank you, Jake.

I will have to read it over a couple of times to soak it in completely. Fascinating how it's not the feeling seeking reassurance, but oneself.

But if it is not the feeling who seeks reassurance and control, then why does it feel like that's exactly the case?? Why do I feel as though the feeling is pushing and driving me to reassure myself?? Why does worry exist, i.e, if it does not in and of itself require any action to soothe itself?

Conversations with God says that feelings are the language of the soul, and that feelings are there to provide a contextual field within which we experience and express every aspect of divinity. What's your take on this?

Comment

Hi there

1. Does Sedona cooperate with Larry Crane and his release technique? Strangely enough, I've never heard Larry mention Hale or Sedona, only Lester, and I've never heard Hale mention Larry - are they like competitors?

2.I heard Larry mention something very, very interesting. He said that every feeling that comes up wants to leave. What does he mean by that? If it means what I think it means, then it really is groundbreaking. Every teacher I've ever listened to says that negative feelings thrives when we resist them and that they want to stick around… sort of, I think. But if what Larry states is true, it would mean that our negative feelings really don't have anything against us, and that all they really want is to give us their message and then leave us?? I think the reason we suffer from feelings is because our ego holds on to them, ergo: it's the holding on that causes pain.

I repeat: negative feelings do not wish to stick around like we think they do. All they want is to leave, but we seldom let them leave, but hold on to them. All this according to Larry Crane… wow, this is truly revolutionary. I would love your take on this, anyone.

Love, Robert
                Hi Robert!

Larry and Hale were two of Lester's students. They both teach the same fundamental letting go processes that Lester developed. Each of them has different personalities and so releasing as it is expressed beyond the fundamentals has evolved uniquely through each of them. there is a lot overlap between them and there are a lot of differences as well.

Larry is absolutely correct when he says that every feeling that comes up is looking for release. Feelings are essentially energy. We experience feelings as sensations in the body and that's why we call them feelings. These sensations are just the energy trying to move through the body so the feeling can release.

Here we introduce TSM by demonstrating four basic ways to release. The first two are a) just dropping the feeling like you would a pen or a rock etc. and b) welcoming which is essentially opening inside like a flower opens to the sun.

What you wrote above is true. And most teachers would agree that resisting feelings makes them stickier and stick "aroundier" When we use welcoming which is the second most basic way of letting go we are doing the opposite of resisting. Instead of pushing back is resisting, we open inside to allow the feeling to move on through with more ease.

Keep us posted on how things are going,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi there

Love, Robert
                  Hi Robert!

Larry and Hale were two of Lester's students. They both teach the same fundamental letting go processes that Lester developed. Each of them has different personalities and so releasing as it is expressed beyond the fundamentals has evolved uniquely through each of them. there is a lot overlap between them and there are a lot of differences as well.

Larry is absolutely correct when he says that every feeling that comes up is looking for release. Feelings are essentially energy. We experience feelings as sensations in the body and that's why we call them feelings. These sensations are just the energy trying to move through the body so the feeling can release.

Here we introduce TSM by demonstrating four basic ways to release. The first two are a) just dropping the feeling like you would a pen or a rock etc. and b) welcoming which is essentially opening inside like a flower opens to the sun.

What you wrote above is true. And most teachers would agree that resisting feelings makes them stickier and stick "aroundier" When we use welcoming which is the second most basic way of letting go we are doing the opposite of resisting. Instead of pushing back is resisting, we open inside to allow the feeling to move on through with more ease.

Keep us posted on how things are going,
                  Delilah
                  www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hello Jake!

Rob
                    Hi Rob!

As mentioned above Hale and Larry have different personalities so they present the fundamentals differently. Hale has developed several new ways to release. You can find out about these other ways to release by checking out the recorded programs, working with a coach, or exploring this website because sometimes they are used here in replies to questions asked.

Having said all this, check and see if you are wanting figure things out? Could you welcome that? And could you let that go? It's always much more productive to actually release than to talk about releasing.

So, if there is worry appearing in your awareness can you welcome the worry?

Can you welcome any wanting to do anything with or about the worry like hold on to it, push it away, figure it out, etc?

Can you welcome any feeling that the worry that is appearing is personal, is about you or who you are, that this is your pattern etc?

And now check would it be OK if the feeling that the worry is personal just dissolved?

Welcome whatever answer you got.

And now check, when would it be OK for the feeling that i's personal to dissolve?

Best,
                    Delilah
                    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hello Jake!

Rob
                      Hi Rob!

As mentioned above Hale and Larry have different personalities so they present the fundamentals differently. Hale has developed several new ways to release. You can find out about these other ways to release by checking out the recorded programs, working with a coach, or exploring this website because sometimes they are used here in replies to questions asked.

Having said all this, check and see if you are wanting figure things out? Could you welcome that? And could you let that go? It's always much more productive to actually release than to talk about releasing.

So, if there is worry appearing in your awareness can you welcome the worry?

Can you welcome any wanting to do anything with or about the worry like hold on to it, push it away, figure it out, etc?

Can you welcome any feeling that the worry that is appearing is personal, is about you or who you are, that this is your pattern etc?

And now check would it be OK if the feeling that the worry is personal just dissolved?

Welcome whatever answer you got.

And now check, when would it be OK for the feeling that i's personal to dissolve?

Best,
                      Delilah
                      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi all, I'm new to the Sedona Method, I’ve discovered this summer while listening to a man on youtube, (Burt Harding), speak about Lester Levenson and I was very intrigued. I start reading all information I could find on the web and see some youtube videos, both of Lester Levenson, Larry Crane and Hale Dwoskin. I read the book Love yourself and the sedona method book and I buy some mp3 of Hale to better understand the process. I like both the approach.

I agree with what has been said here about the statement that “every feeling want to leave”, as Larry Crane says, or “emotions only lies”, as Hale Dwoskin says. When I heard those statements, well...they hit me, their are very impressive! I read a lot and search answer for myself for long times. I've found and practice EFT, mindfulness meditation, Eden Energy medicine, Tolle’s Power of Now, Quantum entrainment, affirmations, hooponopono and others because I was overwhelmed by negative emotions, and also not able to handle positive emotions. I’m grateful for all these books and techniques. But when I see and do the pen exercise, I cant believe. So it is all!? It is so simple, we just decide to let go and that’s it! I repeat, it is very impressive. I think that no books and techniques I have read was so direct and simple! When we hear something like that the first things that could happen is that you don’t believe, even if I’m the type of person that tried all sort of “strange” and unusual thing to get well.

As regard the question why we worries, and why we feel what we feel, I want to say that I read many books not only because I like discover different methods to get well but I also like to read the different theories and explanations that the different authors gives. Some books was very helpful for me in this sense because they also report also scientific explanations. By knowing this things, my mind better collaborate with me :-)
                        Our body is made of millions of cells, and science discovered that memories are not stored in our brain, or not just in the brain. Memories are stored in every cell of our bodies. We have memories because of all our experience of life (and maybe also past life) that we interpret some way, and give particular meaning based on our knowledge at the time of event. When some current experience trigger the memory and the old interpretation, even if the experience it's different from the past event, then we react. We react by thinking certain though and feeling certain feelings in the body. So, yes, there is a reason why we feel and react certain way. There is a cellular memory behind, that automatic activated a reaction response in order to protect ourselves. And they are strong exactly because they intend protect ourselves. We can know what is the past event or memory that is the cause of this reaction, but the problem is that most are inconscious, it could be a memory of our very first years of life, even could be a past life.

I used the term cellular memories but you can call it subconscious mind, beliefs system, you can call it karma, you can call it the pain body in Ekart Tolle's definition, it doesn't matter. We simply need to get rid of things that limit ourselves and prevent us from know our beingness. If we don't want to let go we can keep it. This memories are not bad or good, they are simply there, they come up in our conscious mind so we can decide what to do. If you want to be free, you can let go. As Jake wrote, after that, we can have an insight, but is not always the case. We can feel better without any insight, maybe just because it could be impossible for us single human to have the all picture.

So now I’m practicing the sedona method every time I can. I’m not always succesfull because I forget to let go when I’m in my “automatic pilot”, but I let go every time I remember. It is simple, and not easy at the same time. But after I release, I like it.
                        Sorry for my english and for the long post.
                        Thanks to the forum and those who write. It 's very useful to read other experiences and find many similarities with mine.

Comment

Working...
                        X