Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief Needed from Designer Coffee Cravings

Hi,

Each night I tell myself that the next day I won't have my $4.25 designer coffee (Mocha Freeze) because of the calories, fat, carbs, and cost. Yet the next day I rationalize a reason to have one...two...sometimes three Mocha Freezes a day. I really want to quit because of the above reasons and also I am trying to lose weight.

The advantages/disadvantages process doesn't seem to work on my cravings. Short of torching the coffee stands, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
    Stacy
    ~Stacy

Originally posted by stacy0815 View Post
    Hi,

Each night I tell myself that the next day I won't have my $4.25 designer coffee (Mocha Freeze) because of the calories, fat, carbs, and cost. Yet the next day I rationalize a reason to have one...two...sometimes three Mocha Freezes a day. I really want to quit because of the above reasons and also I am trying to lose weight.

The advantages/disadvantages process doesn't seem to work on my cravings. Short of torching the coffee stands, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
    Stacy
    Hi Stacy!

It can be helpful to determine what it is you are hoping to experience by having the designer coffee and then release on the wants around the wants that come up around that. Also, see if you can notice what you are feeling before during and after the coffee and release on those too.

Best,
    Delilah

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Thanks,
    Stacy
    Hi Stacy!

It can be helpful to determine what it is you are hoping to experience by having the designer coffee and then release on the wants around the wants that come up around that. Also, see if you can notice what you are feeling before during and after the coffee and release on those too.

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Delilah,

Thank you for responding!

I identified the wants that drive me to drink the Mocha Freezes (security, oneness, approval) and I have done some releasing around those wants. During and after drinking the Mocha Freezes, I experience shame, guilt, disappointment, and anger at myself for not having more self-control. I am not sure how to release those feelings - do I tie them into a want or should I do the basic releasing questions (could you, would you, when)? Either way feels awkward.

If you have any further suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!

Thank you very much,
      Stacy
      ~Stacy

Comment

Delilah,

I identified the wants that drive me to drink the Mocha Freezes (security, oneness, approval) and I have done some releasing around those wants. During and after drinking the Mocha Freezes, I experience shame, guilt, disappointment, and anger at myself for not having more self-control. I am not sure how to release those feelings - do I tie them into a want or should I do the basic releasing questions (could you, would you, when)? Either way feels awkward.

Thank you very much,
        Stacy
        I'd get back to welcoming the emotions, guilt, shame, disappointment. Welcome and let them go. You could view it as part of the cycle, until you let them go as well you'll probably return to the coffee to trigger them again until you release them as well.

We often return to our habits because we're not accepting and releasing all that can be accepted (welcomed) and released. As soon as you use a word that can be found in the AGFLAP list to describe your feeling or thinking in that moment. You've got a cue that you can let go of something. What ever shows up, don't stop letting go until you get to courageousness. It might take another Mocha, be kind to yourself, keep letting go.

Alex

Alex

Comment

Delilah,

Thank you very much,
          Stacy
          Hi Stacy!

OK great! Now check and see if you could let go of wanting to get each of those wants from drinking designer coffee? Release on each one separately until they have diminished.

Yes, the could you, would you, when, process is very useful... I also suggest that you just allow the shame, guilt, disappointment, and anger at myself for not having more self-control to bubble up fully. Take some time to open to these feelings and welcome them , notice their locations in the body...we call them feelings because we feel them in the body...allow them to keep coming up...they are coming up to be released...so notice them and allow them to be here fully...welcome them as best you can. Remember that welcoming is the second most fundamental way to release.

Best,
          Delilah
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I welcomed my feelings of grief (ashamed, disappointed, guilty, regret, and remorse) and my feelings of anger (annoyed, disgust, frustrated, and mad) and allowed them to be present without judgement, then I released on them.

Interestingly, before I started releasing, I felt I had to hold on to these feelings to keep me motivated from having another Mocha Freeze. I can say that after years of punishing myself emotionally for spending so much on these Mochas, holding onto those feelings did not work.

At present, I have no inkling of a desire to drink a Mocha Freeze.

Thank you both for your assistance!
            Last edited by stacy0815; 03-28-2014, 03:48 AM.
            ~Stacy

Comment

I welcomed my feelings of grief (ashamed, disappointed, guilty, regret, and remorse) and my feelings of anger (annoyed, disgust, frustrated, and mad) and allowed them to be present without judgement, then I released on them.

Interestingly, before I started releasing, I felt I had to hold on to these feelings to keep me motivated from having another Mocha Freeze. I can say that after years of punishing myself emotionally for spending so much on these Mochas, holding onto those feelings did not work.

At present, I have no inkling of a desire to drink a Mocha Freeze.

Thank you both for your assistance!
              That's great stacy!!

Delilah
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
              X