Guidelines for Releasing On Your Own or With a Partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidelines for Releasing On Your Own or With a Partner

Having releasing partners is a great help.

Used to be there were specific guidelines for how to work with a partner. Unfortunately what often ends up happening is that folks don't stick to the questions from the retreats or that are in the workbook and things needlessly get complicated or go off track. When I advise folks about releasing with a partner I always strongly recommend that they just use the questions from the workbook or from any of the retreats they attended. The Sedona Method Workbook from the Super course is about $18. You can read the questions as they are in the workbook. There are plenty on each topic to work with. If folks just did that they'd get more mileage than when they start improvising or adding to or improving on the questions. The questions are simple and they simply work better, deeper and more efficiently if we don't add any of our own beliefs, concepts, or ideas to them.

The easiest way to see how your releasing is going is to notice what is going on with the body from the chin down. There is a lot of soft tissue in the body from the chin down and you'll get much more direct feedback on how the release is going by observing the actual physical experience of the body. See what's going on from the chin down. Eventually, as you develop more facility in releasing consciously, you will also notice that the muscles around the eyes and in and around the jaw are relaxing and opening too because you are orienting your attention to the release response. You'll even begin to notice energy flowing out through the top of your forehead ( the crown chakra) or out of the back or the front of your head (the 6th chakra/third eye).

If you are just beginning to release or feel you aren't sure that you are releasing properly or want to go deeper in your releasing notice what is going on in the body from the chin down. Notice clutching, clenching, tightening, tension, grabbing, closing, discomfort, ( ie holding) and then notice any relaxing, softening, opening, easing, lightening, opening, flowing, and increase of physical comfort, ( ie letting go) because that's how you can see concretely how the releasing is going. The releasing questions use words and so they appear to be intellectual. Releasing is not an intellectual process. The questions engage the mind in a particular way so that the mind can get out of the way and an actual "let go" can happen. Many of us are not tuned into our bodies and we are the folks that end up being head releasers. Hale described himself as starting out as a head releaser. It ends up taking us much longer to go deep in a release when we just answer the questions from our heads. We end up answering the questions the way we think we should or we want to and we miss out on developing the ability to release deeply more quickly. We call them feelings because we feel them in our bodies. When we notice the actual experience, ie the sensations in the body, we can align ourselves more deeply with the physical aspect and go deeper in the release. It's better to honor a "no" answer if that's what is actually happening than to answer "yes" because we think we should. Answering honestly if we get a "no" will give us a much deeper release than head releasing by answering "yes" because we WANT to let go. Welcome any "no" answer that you get. Notice what a "no" feels like in the body. And notice what a "yes" feels like in the body. We can have a very deep and profound and life altering releasing even if we get a "no" for an answer. Answering honestly is the opposite of suppressing. Answering the way we'd like to or the way we think we should is suppressing. And we don't have to wonder if we are releasing correctly because the body can and will tell us very clearly if we are. The sensations in the body reveal what's really going on. Note: tensing is holding on, relaxing is letting go. So answer the questions honestly and observe the physical experiences in the body as you do. If you find yourself holding on, WELCOME that. Allow yourself to hold on as much as you are in the way that you are. Remember that welcoming is the second most fundamental way to let go!!!

Love to all,
    Delilah
    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 04-23-2014, 06:00 AM.
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Thank you

I so needed to read this...

TSM is indeed the most elegant way in the universe to let go... words fail to describe how powerful it is...

I actually believe it is that powerful that it can move mountains and alter the universe... when we let go, we let God...

love,
    Robert

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

I so needed to read this...

TSM is indeed the most elegant way in the universe to let go... words fail to describe how powerful it is...

I actually believe it is that powerful that it can move mountains and alter the universe... when we let go, we let God...

love,
    Robert

Comment

Hello Delilah,
      Thank you for your posting. I have been releasing for about 5 years now and I think I understand when you say "Answering honestly if we get a "no" will give us a much deeper release than head releasing by answering "yes" because we WANT to let go"

But regarding the "When" question, I've heard Hale say in the past "Remember, it's just a decision." Doesn't that imply that even if your gut inclination is to reply "I don't know" or "Maybe later" or "Not now for sure" or any other variation, that it's important to make the decision to release on the spot?

Thank you and peace,

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Delilah,
      Thank you for your posting. I have been releasing for about 5 years now and I think I understand when you say "Answering honestly if we get a "no" will give us a much deeper release than head releasing by answering "yes" because we WANT to let go"

But regarding the "When" question, I've heard Hale say in the past "Remember, it's just a decision." Doesn't that imply that even if your gut inclination is to reply "I don't know" or "Maybe later" or "Not now for sure" or any other variation, that it's important to make the decision to release on the spot?

Thank you and peace,

Comment

Hi higander!

I've heard people besides Hale say that releasing is a just a decision or just a choice.

I know for myself that there have been times when I desperately wanted to let go and just couldn't and I have found that it's much more helpful to answer truthfully. There are so many ways to support a real release than answering the way we think we should or the way we want to. I find it much more productive to work what's really here experientially and not what we want to be experiencing. And the most profound thing was to discover that answering "no" honestly not only allows for a release but often for much deeper ones.

I was actually told once by a coach that I respect highly that "You obviously don't want to let go." because I wasn't getting a yes. I was spending my money and time being coached by this person so clearly on many levels I wanted to let go. That I couldn't in that moment was not a choice. I was just stuck. And I know from releasing with others and by myself and as a coach that allowing the stuck to be here and not pretending that it's gone just because I want it to be is much more effective.

I also find that when we are told that letting go is just a choice it makes it seem like there is something wrong with us if we can't let go right then. Like we aren't making the right choice. And that's not true even a little.

Best,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you Delilah for your insights.

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
          I also find that when we are told that letting go is just a choice it makes it seem like there is something wrong with us if we can't let go right then. Like we aren't making the right choice. And that's not true even a little.
          It's a relief to hear that from someone as experienced as you. I've felt that way many times. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X