Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every feeling wants to leave… ? PART 2

Hi

I initially wrote a post called Every feeling wants to leave. It's here in the "Letting Go Releases" forum.

I wrote that Larry Crane said that Lester said that every feeling wants to leave. We got some awesome headway discussing it, but it has kept me wondering, still, this fascinating topic. I wanted to sort of revive this topic because I feel it is absolutely one of the most powerful statements in the universe...
    Really, I mean it... it could help so many if they actually knew that every feeling wants to leave... it took me more than 30 years to stumble over this adage.

1. What did Lester mean REALLY mean when he said this??

2. This one is really important: we said earlier in a post that a feeling of fear and worry does NOT itself require any reassurance, or safety measure in either word or action. However, the ego/resistance does. What I mean by that is that if I get worried that I perhaps didn't lock the door before I left, OR if I get worried that I am going to catch a cold because someone sneezed at me, then I automatically am going to want to repair the situations.

And how do I repair these situations? Well, first I double back to the apartment to check if the door is locked. With regard to the other situation, I eat a lot of cold-medicines to try and prevent the cold from breaking out in me.

Jake wrote elegantly in the former post:
    "The feeling itself can never be satisfied by and reassurance, only you can be satisfied by reassurance and as a result drop the feeling and then say that the feeling left you by itself due to the reassurance, when the reassurance gave you the courage to drop it. The only reassurance comes after you have dropped the feeling. This is perahps the control/security you are seeking for, but it doesn't come before you let it go, it is the result of dropping a feeling, or better said - allowing it to release."

Now let's analyze this: if the feelings of worry in and of themselves do not require any action to satisfy themselves, but only wish to pop and leave, then why all the drama? Why frighten me with these thoughts?

Jake further wrote:
    "The reason feelings exist is, because we are all playing the game of limitation (this is the larger context that has to be understood in order to understand why the feelings are there) and this game has been played out for many lifetimes, by us and "others". At this point, you are, with the help of spiritual teachings and methods such as the SM, leaving the game of limitation behind and rediscovering the old truth of who you are, what the world is, what Truth is"

But i ask again: just an example here: the feeling of wanting to reassure myself that the door if locked - if the feeling of worry in itself DOES NOT require any double-checking the door, then WHY DOES IT FEEL THAT WAY?? "Every feeling wants to leave" ... "the feeling in itself does not require any resolve or action"....
    But if I then get a "feeling" of wanting to reassure, control, or resolve - who wants these things if not the feelings itself? The ego? And again, if the feelings don't require any resolve or reassurance to drop away, then why does it feel that way? Is it a game? And if it's a game - then are the feelings in on it?? Aha... I might have stumbled upon something important here... "the feelings are in on the game".... Maybe the negative feelings aren't negative at all... maybe they are our allies in disguise to teach us and help us get out of the limitation game...

Please, any input...

Love, R

Hi

I wrote this post over a week ago, and I find it hard to believe that no one has responded to it yet. It is an absolutely vital question and I really hope to get some feedback on it.. :-(

You'd think more people would find it interesting...

Love,
    RF

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

I wrote this post over a week ago, and I find it hard to believe that no one has responded to it yet. It is an absolutely vital question and I really hope to get some feedback on it.. :-(

You'd think more people would find it interesting...

Love,
    RF

Comment

hahahah and i can see it coming... "could you let go of wanting to figure it out?"

Comment

Interesting. Doesn't mean that I have anything to add.

Are you wanting affirmation for your thoughts?

Alex

Comment

JONJONJON:

Ok...???

No, I would actually rather conduct a dialogue here on this topic...

ALEX:

Well, I actually formulated questions in point 1 and 2
          I think I made it rather clear on what I wanted answers to...

Thanks for finding it interesting

Comment

its you as the person who wants the feeling to leave. how can a feeling have wants? a feeling is a mere feeling.

the feeling does not arise so that it can leave, it is there as an expression of your infinite nature. it has one purpose alone: expression of itself. ALL things and/or objects have one purpose, they are an expression of your true nature, so that You, in your eternal divinity might revel in Your own manifestation.

we suffer because we try to stop the "bad" feelings from expressing themselves, hence the term resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

its you as the person who wants the feeling to leave. how can a feeling have wants? a feeling is a mere feeling.

the feeling does not arise so that it can leave, it is there as an expression of your infinite nature. it has one purpose alone: expression of itself. ALL things and/or objects have one purpose, they are an expression of your true nature, so that You, in your eternal divinity might revel in Your own manifestation.

we suffer because we try to stop the "bad" feelings from expressing themselves, hence the term resistance.

Comment

"1. What did Lester mean REALLY mean when he said this?? " He meant, Let Go.

Alex

Comment

Hi robbiezen!

All feelings are just energy trying to move through the bodymind. We call them feelings because we feel them in the body. Even if we don't consciously focus on releasing and developing the ability to instantly consciously release the bodymind is always releasing. Always. TSM is a collection of questions that support that releasing process so that we can fully capitalize on this natural tendency. When we consciously release the releasing process can be more broad and deep. Why not allow ourselves to be more fluid and more fully in flow and garner the benefits of this flow?

This website is for the purposes of supporting the releasing process.

Everything you wrote in your earlier voluminous post may be interesting to your mind and that's all well and good but folks here are motivated to release. Your post is all speculation. The more relevant question for the purposes of this forum is how is any of what you have written helping you to release? Are you feeling more free and limitless or are you more identified with and tied up in a struggle to figure out the mind as a result of the direction in which your post has taken you?

In support of your freedom,
                Delilah
                Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 05-09-2014, 06:28 AM.
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Dear Delilah

As always, you're so sweet to respond to my posts and giving me the time of the day. I really, really appreciate it. But I fail to see how my post is all speculation. You make it out to be some kind of intellectual excursion. I don't wish to get into a drawn out debate, I just want to put in my five cents worth.

The reason for the post was to get deeper into this nothing less than spectacular statement, "every feeling wants to leave". And it escapes me how one could NOT be interested in the details of it. Granted, I may have delved a bit too deep, I may have over-complicated it, but ever since I first heard Larry Crane mention how every feeling wants to leave, I've basically been flabbergasted. I wish everyone knew the truth about feelings; that they want to leave! Everyone thinks it is the feelings that hold us in a vicegrip, but it's the other way around... how could you not wish to get deeper into that truth? It's like with a radio, we marvel at how it can emit music - but why wouldn't we want to find out how it works?

I am truly fascinated by the "feeling wants to leave", and yes, according to you, it's my mind that finds it interesting. But wouldn't you agree that the ingredients that spark my interest is passion, curiosity, insight, and inspiration? Those are the very foundations of Being, the very cornerstones of God - without them there would be no universe. And to reduce them to a mere operating and mechanism of the mind is to reduce life itself. The universe experiences itself through the mind, through the contextual field rendered possible by the mind. I think we have to distinguish between ego and mind, really. Couldn't we say that mind is synonymous with consciousness? Life IS... but the soul could never experience itself through anything but the mind - that's why the mind exists.

How my post helps me in my release? I wanted to know more about the mechanics regarding "every feeling wants to leave". Just reading about what people think about (well, not in this post, because I haven't gotten any feedback) it really gets my juices flowing, so to speak, it motivates me, it encourages me. Mechanics to satisfy the mind, you might say, but then again, what do you call the book that Hale wrote, then?

But I appreciate your input, Delilah. And I think I will step down the inquiry a bit, and focus more on intuitive releasing, to get the mind out of the way. I just wanted to quench my curiosity, that's all, so I can move on...

Thanks,
                  RF

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Delilah

As always, you're so sweet to respond to my posts and giving me the time of the day. I really, really appreciate it. But I fail to see how my post is all speculation. You make it out to be some kind of intellectual excursion. I don't wish to get into a drawn out debate, I just want to put in my five cents worth.

The reason for the post was to get deeper into this nothing less than spectacular statement, "every feeling wants to leave". And it escapes me how one could NOT be interested in the details of it. Granted, I may have delved a bit too deep, I may have over-complicated it, but ever since I first heard Larry Crane mention how every feeling wants to leave, I've basically been flabbergasted. I wish everyone knew the truth about feelings; that they want to leave! Everyone thinks it is the feelings that hold us in a vicegrip, but it's the other way around... how could you not wish to get deeper into that truth? It's like with a radio, we marvel at how it can emit music - but why wouldn't we want to find out how it works?

I am truly fascinated by the "feeling wants to leave", and yes, according to you, it's my mind that finds it interesting. But wouldn't you agree that the ingredients that spark my interest is passion, curiosity, insight, and inspiration? Those are the very foundations of Being, the very cornerstones of God - without them there would be no universe. And to reduce them to a mere operating and mechanism of the mind is to reduce life itself. The universe experiences itself through the mind, through the contextual field rendered possible by the mind. I think we have to distinguish between ego and mind, really. Couldn't we say that mind is synonymous with consciousness? Life IS... but the soul could never experience itself through anything but the mind - that's why the mind exists.

How my post helps me in my release? I wanted to know more about the mechanics regarding "every feeling wants to leave". Just reading about what people think about (well, not in this post, because I haven't gotten any feedback) it really gets my juices flowing, so to speak, it motivates me, it encourages me. Mechanics to satisfy the mind, you might say, but then again, what do call the book that Hale wrote, then?

But I appreciate your input, Delilah. And I think I will step down the inquiry a bit, and focus more on intuitive releasing, to get the mind out of the way. I just wanted to quench my curiosity, that's all, so I can move on...

Thanks,
                  RF

Comment

Originally posted by robbiezen View Post

everyone has a drive to find the answer to questions. you are perfectly entitled to have one. do not ever be sorry for what you are, because that's what makes you as a person. it makes you unique, it is what makes you, you.

you took that statement very literally. all masters' message about the truth are pointers. i'll say it again, everything that they can communicate to you can ONLY be a pointer.

because you CANNOT know the truth. you can only BE it. all they can do, is point you there. its a map, not the actual terrain.

now, "every feeling wants to leave". <--- this one points to the fact that the swirl of emotions, thoughts and sensations that you are experiencing are meant to be accepted. it is meant to be allowed to express itself. the moment you resist it, it is perpetuated. its like a disturbance in a pool of water. a wave arises, and you dont want that wave. what you do then, is you put your hand in the water to try and stop the wave from arising. what happens if you do this? that's right, the pool gets disturbed even more. the more you try to step in and make the water calm, the more it gets agitated.

it is only when you finally leave it alone, let it express itself that after a while, it becomes calm once more. "every wave wants to return to its inherent harmony, which is the calm water". <--- same pointer.

love from the Self,

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by robbiezen View Post

everyone has a drive to find the answer to questions. you are perfectly entitled to have one. do not ever be sorry for what you are, because that's what makes you as a person. it makes you unique, it is what makes you, you.

you took that statement very literally. all masters' message about the truth are pointers. i'll say it again, everything that they can communicate to you can ONLY be a pointer.

because you CANNOT know the truth. you can only BE it. all they can do, is point you there. its a map, not the actual terrain.

now, "every feeling wants to leave". <--- this one points to the fact that the swirl of emotions, thoughts and sensations that you are experiencing are meant to be accepted. it is meant to be allowed to express itself. the moment you resist it, it is perpetuated. its like a disturbance in a pool of water. a wave arises, and you dont want that wave. what you do then, is you put your hand in the water to try and stop the wave from arising. what happens if you do this? that's right, the pool gets disturbed even more. the more you try to step in and make the water calm, the more it gets agitated.

it is only when you finally leave it alone, let it express itself that after a while, it becomes calm once more. "every wave wants to return to its inherent harmony, which is the calm water". <--- same pointer.

love from the Self,

Comment

Hi robbiezen!

Larry saying that feelings want to release is an anthropomorphic device to help folks relax into a release. In fact, feelings are energy moving through the body like gas. Gas turns into either a burp or a fart. Simple. There is not cognitive deciding of the gas. It is just the physical nature of the gas to move on through. Same it true for the energy/sensations that we call feelings. Larry would not tolerate all the cogitating that you write about here because he knows that it's nowhere near as productive as just releasing. Larry has no patience for any of it. And he has all kinds very direct ways to let you know that he thinks you are wasting your time. It's only a little true that things need to make some reasonable sense to the mind in order for the mind to be more receptive. But not always. Do you sit and wonder how electricity works before you flip the switch? No. You flip the switch, the light goes on, and boom! That behavior is reinforced every time by the RESULT. If you want to find real motivation and inspiration spend all the time you are intellectually working out releasing instead. That will truly inspire and motivate because you will have results instead of lots of long posts.

Keep letting go,
                      Delilah
                      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Wayners...

Thank you so much... your words helped me... they really did.... I get it now...

"every wave wants to return to its inherent harmony, which is the calm water"

How beautiful... do you know how much that helped me??

Thanks!!!!

Love

Comment

Delilah

Ha, ha... great reply, dear Delilah!!

It took some cajoling and jerking to finally shake out the answer I wanted out of you! You know I'm a bit of a rogue, a rebel... hence my opposition and stubbornness...

Your analogy was great!! Do you know what cinched it for me?? T'was when you said: "In fact, feelings are energy moving through the body like gas. Gas turns into either a burp or a fart". Not the most elegant way to put it, ha ha, but I get the PICTURE!! It really cinched it for me....

You gave me the reply I was looking for.... thank you....

May the force be with you,

- - - Updated - - -

Delilah

Ha, ha... great reply, dear Delilah!!

It took some cajoling and jerking to finally shake out the answer I wanted out of you! You know I'm a bit of a rogue, a rebel... hence my opposition and stubbornness...

Your analogy was great!! Do you know what cinched it for me?? T'was when you said: "In fact, feelings are energy moving through the body like gas. Gas turns into either a burp or a fart". Not the most elegant way to put it, ha ha, but I get the PICTURE!! It really cinched it for me....

You gave me the reply I was looking for.... thank you....

May the force be with you,

Comment

Working...
                          X