Wanting a Spouse to Get a Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting a Spouse to Get a Job

My husband has a history of not working, not looking for work or not keeping a job. It's a extremely stressful. I don't know where to start with Releasing on this. Can someone help me? It driving me crazy.

The place to start is looking at how you want to change him and then letting go each of those wants. And then let go of wanting to control him. Also look at why it's so important to you that your husband works, what are you trying to achieve from that.

I also recommend going through the Relationship portion of Supercourse again. Even the basic course, Whatever comes up, could I let that go? If not now, when? I like to ask myself the question like that because it often uncovers what I'm still wanting or actually wanting, that I'm not always fully aware of.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by redhead78 View Post
      My husband has a history of not working, not looking for work or not keeping a job. It's a extremely stressful. I don't know where to start with Releasing on this. Can someone help me? It driving me crazy.
      Hi redhead78!

What you are asking about here is at the very core of your relationship with your husband. It is very helpful to release on all of the different sides of this issue because it gives us energy, strength and courage to do what we need to do to be happy in our lives and to have the relationships that we deserve. It is not unreasonable to want your spouse to work. However wanting another person to change will not change them. Does he want to work?

Alex is spot on in recommending that you release on all the wants that come up around your husband's issues around working. Her recommendation that you use the relationship questions in the super course is perfect as well. I also recommend that you release on the advantages and disadvantages around being in a relationship with a husband with these issues. Also explore what are the advantages and disadvantages around being in a relationship with this person.

You might also release on the advantages and disadvantages of being driven crazy.

Best,
      Delilah
      Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 05-07-2014, 07:23 AM.
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you both!!!! Lots of great thoughts and now I have some direction.

Comment

Working...
        X