Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby steps

Hi guys!

Once upon a time, I met someone who opened up a whole new world for me filled with hope and a positive world view. I got to know the Sedona Method and that was all at a time I was going through a difficult time. It filled me with blind, naive hope and I proceeded to tell everyone how life is beautiful and there are ways to get out of a negative world view. The people in my life did not appreciate being told their world view was not as carved in stone as they thought and they started to really come down on me with all their wrath. Since then, I've progressively been turning away from people. I'm basically at the point where I've got 3 friends and even with them, I don't feel too safe. I've also been struggling with my weight and I've gained a lot in the past years. I'm thinking it has to do with my not wanting to engage with people and feeling lonely, so this is my baby step, which feels like a huge step: I'm sharing.

I feel stuck on releasing on my weight, I feel like I've made no progress and while I am comfortable being alone, I think it's more out of fear than out of choice.

All in all, the Sedona Method has helped me tremendously and I am really grateful for it!
    Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate any comments.

Love,
    Nastasja

And now all I need to do is press submiiiit.

I recommend doing the relationship clean up process.

We usually don't need to change other people as much as we need to change our reactions to their reactions. We can easily get stuck in wanting to change others so we can be happier.

The clean up process is part of the Beginning and Ending your day releases. It's one of the individual programs http://www.sedona.com/programs.asp

Basically you start releasing on wanting to change others. If you think that someone is trying to change you and it bothers you, then in effect you're also trying to change them (trying to stop them from changing you). Which of course is resistance.

If you're trying to show someone the 'right way ' to do something then you're trying to change them and of course they are going to try and change that (resist that). If we are busy resisting then we aren't really letting go. To let go is to allow others to choose what they choose and yourself to choose what you choose.

If there is discomfort, there is resistance.

Alex

Comment

Thank you for your reply Alex!

Hihi that's also what Hale recommended! I will keep it in mind and I'll release on resisting that process.

You're absolutely right about me wanting to change them. I absolutely want to change the reactions they had back then.

I kept asking myself could you let go of wanting to control them, but it just didn't resonate. What came up was the expectations I had/have of those people.

It was mostly my family and I just cannot seem to let go or actually want to let go of their reactions. For me, they were being exactly the opposite of what family stands for, in my opinion.

They're supposed to be loving and supportive and while I don't mind them telling me their opinions, insulting me and belittling me and letting their anger out on me because they believe the Sedona Method and other such things are BS is not what a family is supposed to do.

I don't really know what I'm stuck on, it feels like so many things that I just get lost. I feel misunderstood and attacked and I hate them. I hate them for showing me how horribly mean people can be. That's something I definitely didn't want to learn from my loved ones.

While writing this, I'm also thinking about how you'd see this from a non-personal view and it probably isn't that horrible, it just is what it is I guess.

I guess I don't want to accept that people are so horrible to each other.
      I am feeling veryyy confused.

What do I welcome or let go of?

But I'm definitely feeling freer around sharing

Nastasja

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply Alex!

Hihi that's also what Hale recommended! I will keep it in mind and I'll release on resisting that process.

You're absolutely right about me wanting to change them. I absolutely want to change the reactions they had back then.

I kept asking myself could you let go of wanting to control them, but it just didn't resonate. What came up was the expectations I had/have of those people.

It was mostly my family and I just cannot seem to let go or actually want to let go of their reactions. For me, they were being exactly the opposite of what family stands for, in my opinion.

They're supposed to be loving and supportive and while I don't mind them telling me their opinions, insulting me and belittling me and letting their anger out on me because they believe the Sedona Method and other such things are BS is not what a family is supposed to do.

I don't really know what I'm stuck on, it feels like so many things that I just get lost. I feel misunderstood and attacked and I hate them. I hate them for showing me how horribly mean people can be. That's something I definitely didn't want to learn from my loved ones.

While writing this, I'm also thinking about how you'd see this from a non-personal view and it probably isn't that horrible, it just is what it is I guess.

I guess I don't want to accept that people are so horrible to each other.
      I am feeling veryyy confused.

What do I welcome or let go of?

But I'm definitely feeling freer around sharing

Nastasja

Comment

WOOW! Yesterday, I was totally into that story and now it's like SOOO WHAT?!
        Thank you so much for your help, that first holistic release you suggested was really what I needed.

What comes up when you mention pushing my ideas and opinions is guilt and a feeling of powerlessness. I don't mention the SM to anyone anymore and while I would love to talk about it and share my gains without pushing it down their throats, I feel they don't really want to talk about it or that maybe even they're afraid of it. I do sometimes get the feeling they see it as sorcery. Haha that's probably my belief too somehow. But something that I've felt since I've started using the SM is a lot of guilt because I was guided towards this method and it's helped me so much and now I'm on the other side (seeing the world positively), I really would like to show them that there is another way, life is not a bitch, you only need to welcome things. I mean, I know what it was like waking up every day and dreading it because of course only bad things are gonna happen to you today! And it makes me feel guilty and sad that people I know go through that even though it's not necessary. I don't know what that is, probably me wanting to save the world. Hahaha I don't know!

Any suggestions are absolutely totally 100% appreciated!
        Thank you so much Alex!

Nastasja

- - - Updated - - -

WOOW! Yesterday, I was totally into that story and now it's like SOOO WHAT?!
        Thank you so much for your help, that first holistic release you suggested was really what I needed.

What comes up when you mention pushing my ideas and opinions is guilt and a feeling of powerlessness. I don't mention the SM to anyone anymore and while I would love to talk about it and share my gains without pushing it down their throats, I feel they don't really want to talk about it or that maybe even they're afraid of it. I do sometimes get the feeling they see it as sorcery. Haha that's probably my belief too somehow. But something that I've felt since I've started using the SM is a lot of guilt because I was guided towards this method and it's helped me so much and now I'm on the other side (seeing the world positively), I really would like to show them that there is another way, life is not a bitch, you only need to welcome things. I mean, I know what it was like waking up every day and dreading it because of course only bad things are gonna happen to you today! And it makes me feel guilty and sad that people I know go through that even though it's not necessary. I don't know what that is, probably me wanting to save the world. Hahaha I don't know!

Any suggestions are absolutely totally 100% appreciated!
        Thank you so much Alex!

Nastasja

Comment

Hi somehwere!

The best way to share TSM is to do it by example. When we walk the walk instead of talking the talk others respond differently to us without even knowing why.

When we take the time and effort to write out the things that you did here it can be very helpful to go back over each line and release on each one. Notice what want each line is arising from and release on that. You will be surprised to see how much more freedom , joy and peace you will have if you do that.

Best,
          Delilah
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi Delilah!

Yes, absolutely, it really is the best to share it. And after having written the last post, my boyfriend absolutely challenged me. I was trying to make him see the benefits of the SM and we talked about it and he had his opinions and I had mine and at some point I realized that while I say that I don't care if he uses it or not, it was actually exactly that: I was/am attached to the result, to wanting him to try it out. And if I just give him the information and let it be, I have done what I could. And of course doing it by example.
            I am experiencing such peace right now, it's crazy how much I'm smiling and just being.
            Thank you so much for being there and taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it!

Love,
            Nastasja

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Delilah!

Yes, absolutely, it really is the best to share it. And after having written the last post, my boyfriend absolutely challenged me. I was trying to make him see the benefits of the SM and we talked about it and he had his opinions and I had mine and at some point I realized that while I say that I don't care if he uses it or not, it was actually exactly that: I was/am attached to the result, to wanting him to try it out. And if I just give him the information and let it be, I have done what I could. And of course doing it by example.
            I am experiencing such peace right now, it's crazy how much I'm smiling and just being.
            Thank you so much for being there and taking the time to answer, I really appreciate it!

Love,
            Nastasja

Comment

Could you let go of hating your family as much as you do? And could you hold onto hating your family as much as you do? (repeat as a holistic releasing question)

They're supposed to be loving and supportive
              Really? That's not always the way. Could you let go of that idea?

and while I don't mind them telling me their opinions, insulting me and belittling me and letting their anger out on me because they believe the Sedona Method and other such things are BS
              Would you rather be right or free?
              Could I allow myself to let myself be upset about this as much as I am? Could I allow myself to be as okay with this as I am? Repeat 5 times or as long as necessary and then ask yourself if you simply could let it go.

is not what a family is supposed to do.
              Actually this is exactly what family is supposed to do. Challenge you.

No one else in my family uses the Sedona Method like I do. They do know it made a huge difference for me. There is a saying I learned in the bush of Australia, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. It relates to people, you can show them the way but you can't make them do it.

That's where the Sedona Method was a huge help. Things don't always go smoothly in relationships, and it's impossible to fix the other person. So I let go and enjoy more calm within myself. Now to if I'm thinking, they should change, they should be nicer to me or other people, they shouldn't be pushy etc, I pay attention because people, especially family are our mirrors. What we don't like about someone we are often guilty of doing ourselves. Yes if I'm thinking they should be nicer, I'm not being nice to them am I? If I think they shouldn't be so pushy, maybe I'm being pushy in expecting them to have the same opinion.

That's where and why letting go makes a shift. If you stop pushing your ideas and opinions they stop resisting (pushing back) because there is no resistance. So I don't force what I know onto my family and if they need help they ask me how to do it. I help them and if they stop using it, no judgement from me, they usually say it worked I just forget to use it. Or remember to use it when desperate.

Let go of wanting to change them

Welcome their point of view. It's just a point of view.

Try this one,

Could I welcome the fear that they might be right? Could I welcome the fear that they might be wrong? (repeat; it's holistic releasing)

Alex

Comment

Working...
              X