Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resistance issue

Hello releasers,

I could use a little advice. when I attempt to release lately I face a great deal of resistance. I either get distracted and not release at all or I do attempt to and hit great resistance that manifests itself very physically, I feel extremely intense wall of resistance. and extreme uncomfortableness. I have tried to just release on that as well and find only more frustration. I attempt to let go of the frustration and wanting to let go... etc... until I just get fed up after an hour or so of this or I fall asleep.

I also have experienced very nice flowing releases, that often end with tears but I can tell great amount of energy shifts and know that I am releasing. I try to stick with it when it happens. and go back to my approach... however, It is just a hit or miss... I wish to really increase my releasing, I know there are a lot of deeper issues to work on and I finally have the free time to do more, but I face this issue, I have tried many different approaches and styles to releasing, which sometimes helps but not always. I go back and forth and never know what to expect when I release. I want to really do the work. How can I bust through this and begin to release everyday.

I'm not sure if it is better to stop and just come back to it later or just keep releasing through it. I appreciate any help on this and all the material that is out there. I have received tremendous gains from releasing and I would like to use it to its fullest potential.

Thanks,
    E

Hi ericavanh!

When you "hit great resistance that manifests itself very physically, I feel extremely intense wall of resistance and extreme uncomfortableness", see if you can welcome any wanting to get rid of it and then let that go. And then see if you can simply hang out with the experience you've described above. See if you can notice the wall and just allow it to be there in the way that it is. And see if you can allow the discomfort to be there too. Just allowing these things to be there while noticing what they are like, noticing where they are in the body and just waiting while observing the phenomena and allowing the breath to whatever it's doing without trying to force anything, you will notice that gradually this experience will release and dissolve completely.

The distraction might be from wanting to avoid the discomfort. If you allow the sensations of resistance and the wall and the discomfort to come up as best you can, even just a little bit at a time, you will see that you really don't have to do much of anything for it to release. Noticing is welcoming. And welcoming is the second most fundamental way to release. Welcoming doesn't mean you like something so much as you simply allow it to be here in the way that it is, as much as it is.

This is the kind of thing that if you have some patience to hang out with the experience, notice and observe it instead of trying to get rid of it, you'll see how effortlessly it will release.

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi Delilah,

Thank you so much for your support. I have been working on the welcoming. However I must say It has not been easy. I really do not like the feeling at all and it does not seem to release, Last night I worked on it as well and started a flood of emotions, that actually felt better after.... now today back to the same thing just intense feeling and after releasing for nearly an hour no real shift.

I understand my emotions are often more intense than most folks with a history of emotional issues and my head gets in the way a lot!!!! so I am really trying to be more patient with it.

I've been doing it for over 8 years. I have received many benefits...... However, I can't help feeling something is missing in my practice of SM... I feel I just brush the surface of its full potential.

Comment

Could you let go of wanting to find what's missing?

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by ericavanh View Post
          Hi Delilah,

Thank you so much for your support. I have been working on the welcoming. However I must say It has not been easy. I really do not like the feeling at all and it does not seem to release, Last night I worked on it as well and started a flood of emotions, that actually felt better after.... now today back to the same thing just intense feeling and after releasing for nearly an hour no real shift.

I understand my emotions are often more intense than most folks with a history of emotional issues and my head gets in the way a lot!!!! so I am really trying to be more patient with it.

I've been doing it for over 8 years. I have received many benefits...... However, I can't help feeling something is missing in my practice of SM... I feel I just brush the surface of its full potential.

Hi ericavanh!

It's wonderful that you've been releasing for 8 years! Fantastic! And that you've had gains is also wonderful! Yaayyyyy!!!

In fact you are not just brushing the surface. TSM is extremely thorough and comprehensive and profound. Just because you have intense feelings again doesn't mean you are just brushing the surface. And you are not ever back to the same thing. You are just going deeper. We can go as deep or as high or as far as we want to with TSM. There is no limit to what TSM can help you heal or accomplish.

Resistance can make releasing uncomfortable. We are pushing back against the let go. That means we are contracting inside and tensing up and that can make the release feel very unpleasant. It's very common and says nothing about you if that what's happening for you. And then there can also be resistance to the resistance. And resistance to the resistance to the resistance. You can actually welcome each layer of resistance and then let each layer go. Keep welcoming up all the resistance and as best you can as often as you can and eventually your bodymind will get used to the let go and it will go easier and be more comfortable and eventually even feel delicious.

Best,
          Delilah
          Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 11-06-2014, 01:44 PM.
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
          X