Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to answer when I don't know if I could let it go, but I would (am willing)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to answer when I don't know if I could let it go, but I would (am willing)?

Hi,
    In the process of releasing, sometimes I don't know the answer to "Could you let it go?"

It can be a language issue because I'm not a native English speaker and I know "could you?" has a few grammatical interpretations, but if I interpret "Could you let it go" as having the same/similar meaning as "can you let it go?" then I sometimes get stuck not knowing what to answer. Both yes and no seem inappropriate.

I know releasing my emotions usually works great to feel positive and for things to get better, my answer to "would you" is usually "yes" except when I am dealing with something I'm very attached to (then I'd answer "No") . So as for "Would you?," yes or no is usually clear. (I interpret "would you?" as "will you?" or "are you willing to?")

It's like, "I don't know if I can let it go, because it seems difficult, but I'm willing to let it go."

So my questions is, when I don't know my answer to "could you let it go?," is it still better to decide "yes" or "no," or maybe it's better to just answer to "would you?"?

Thanks for your help!

I have heard Hale say that 'yes' or 'no' can both lead to a release.

What do you notice inside when you experiment with saying 'yes' or 'no' even if your mind cannot figure it out.

What do you notice inside when you ask yourself 'would you'?

zannierose

Comment

Originally posted by zannierose View Post
      I have heard Hale say that 'yes' or 'no' can both lead to a release.

What do you notice inside when you experiment with saying 'yes' or 'no' even if your mind cannot figure it out.

What do you notice inside when you ask yourself 'would you'?

zannierose
      Thank you for your reply.
      Yes Hale says it doesn't matter yes or no both in the seminars or in the book. But I take it that it is when you *know* the answer to you is yes or no. For example, I'd often choose "No" to "would you?" question, but get results.

I have tried saying "yes" or "no" to the "could you?" question before when I'm not sure. In such cases, my mind would resist more. When I say "yes," I hear my mind says "But can you really? - how can you be so sure?," and when I say no then "well, but you should be able to be released" etc. The "Would you" question is more about my "decision" so I wouldn't hear much of resistance, and I'd feel more "determined" when I say yes, and "It's OK as it is, let it be" when I say "no." (I'd say I am getting good results).

But I feel kind of stuck when the question is "Could you."
      (Not all the time, it is especially when I deal with some emotionally difficult issues.)

Thank you.

Comment

Hi terrym!

Always answer the questions honestly, not how think you should or how you want to answer.

And zannierose is correct. It doesn't matter if you get a no or a yes to a question, you can and will have a great release if you answer honestly.

I always suggest that if you don't know if you can let go then assume it's a no. We usually know for sure if we can let go. And since we can still have a great release even if we get a no then it makes no difference to just go with the no.

And if you are aware that you are really attached to something then you are probably holding on. Welcome wanting to hold on. Allow yourself to hold on as much as you are until things release. Remember that welcoming is the second most fundamental way to let go. And the better welcomer we are the better releaser we are.

Best,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
          Hi terrym!

I always suggest that if you don't know if you can let go then assume it's a no. We usually know for sure if we can let go. And since we can still have a great release even if we get a no then it makes no difference to just go with the no.
          Thank you for your reply. (Especially) this part cleared up a lot for me. I'll say "No" when I'm not sure, and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
          X