Who is the One Releasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the One Releasing?

I'm new to this method, but have a lot of experience with non-dual ideas.

We are really beingness. I get this and have had experiences with it. Ego is just the false idea that we are separate.

So…, and I'm sorry if this is me trying to figure it out but…

Who is doing the releasing?

Beingness doesn't need to release. Beingness is always beingness, no matter what story, want, or feeling comes up to the surface. It's always what it is.

Ego believes things need to change, and that's part of the whole “problem”, though of course it's not a problem.

Does ego release?

Or does the process of releasing simply arise in consciousness, along with everything else?

I guess what I'm saying is:

The fifth way accurately points out that there's no “I” for the feelings to attach to.

But who is the “I” who is releasing in the first place?

Hope this makes sense.

I have heard Hale say something like ' can you find a seer or is there only seeing, can you find someone who listens or is there only listening?'...so 'can you find a releaser or is there merely releasing?'

zannierose

Comment

Hi devbanana!

Yes, well can you let go of wanting to figure it out?

Can you find the one who wants an answer to this question? Or, who is asking this question? Or, aren't questions just appearing in awareness all the time? Could you let go of wanting to do anything with them?

The mind endlessly comes up with new questions. And so what? That's just what the mind does. We can choose to engage and we can let go of wanting to engage. Either way, it really doesn't matter. Sometimes we will and other times we won't. But notice how important the mind thinks each question is. And welcome that. And then check and see from what want is that arising? Welcome that. And then ask, "Could I let go of wanting to get that want from this particular question?" And then welcome that answer.

Warmly,
      Delilah
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by zannierose View Post
        I have heard Hale say something like ' can you find a seer or is there only seeing, can you find someone who listens or is there only listening?'...so 'can you find a releaser or is there merely releasing?'

zannierose
        Thanks. That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
          Hi devbanana!

Yes, well can you let go of wanting to figure it out?

Can you find the one who wants an answer to this question? Or, who is asking this question? Or, aren't questions just appearing in awareness all the time? Could you let go of wanting to do anything with them?

The mind endlessly comes up with new questions. And so what? That's just what the mind does. We can choose to engage and we can let go of wanting to engage. Either way, it really doesn't matter. Sometimes we will and other times we won't. But notice how important the mind thinks each question is. And welcome that. And then check and see from what want is that arising? Welcome that. And then ask, "Could I let go of wanting to get that want from this particular question?" And then welcome that answer.

Warmly,
          Delilah
          You're right. My mind likes to do a lot of figuring out. Thanks for your releasing questions. I suppose all of this is beyond the mind, so it's not really able to be understood or answered. It can just be experienced.

Comment

Working...
          X