Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightmare/bad dreams and suppressed feelings

Hi,
    I sometimes have bad dreams on things that I thought I have already "let go" by the method.
    Also I sometimes have bad dreams which have the same themes from my past but they (these themes) don't really affect my daily life and I don't usually think about them.

I'm wondering if they are coming from my suppressed feelings and I should go "deep" to see what's going on and deal with them.
    My main question comes from the fact that they don't emotionally charge me when I think of them ("anymore" in the cases I used the method). The "scary" or "strange" feelings of the nightmare go away and I go back into my normal/everyday life fairly quickly after I get up.
    The method says tune into my "now" feelings, then I only have neutral feelings about them.

If some kind of bad emotional "wounds" are still in my subconscious but suppressed, and they are somehow controlling my behavior/thoughts in my daily life to some degree, I wonder if I should do something about them even there are no bad "now" feelings about them.

However, that being the case, I don't know what I can do about them (just trying to tune into the now feelings don't bring up much).

Any advice/input/thoughts etc. are appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi terrym!

Check and see if there is any wanting to prevent yourself from having bad dreams or nightmares?

Welcome your answer?

Could you let go of wanting to prevent yourself from having bad dreams or nightmares.?

Could you let go of wanting to make the pattern of having bad dreams or nightmares real again?

Also, could you let go of wanting to figure out what the dreams mean or what to do about them?

It can be useful to release on dreams. On the other hand if there is no charge around dreams then see if you can just allow them to go back to where they came from. Welcome whatever your answer is to that idea.

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi Delilah,
      Sorry it took me a while to respond and say thank you.

Actually I don't really want to (I'm not trying to) prevent myself from having bad dreams.
      I occasionally have the same pattern(s) of bad dreams but usually I don't think of them.
      Whenever I have them I just wonder why there is the same pattern and there are any hidden meanings or subconscious messages.

I didn't think of "releasing on dreams" and "letting go of trying to figure out what the dreams mean." and it sounds like a good idea and thank you for that. Since there is no charge around the dreams so I'll first try to allow my (memory of) dreams go wherever it goes (where they came from).

Thank you again.
      Last edited by terrym; 10-17-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X