Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long to Do Advantages/Disadvantages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long to Do Advantages/Disadvantages?

I'm pretty new to TSM. I came across it about a year ago, but just got the supercourse within the last week.

I notice that Hale is vague on how long to do the advantages/disadvantages process. For goals, he says to do it until the goal comes. For problems, until the problem is resolved.

Can anyone be anymore specific? I find the process just seems to keep going on and on. In one particular releasing session, is there a point when I should stop with the advantages/disadvantages?

Keep going back and forth until nothing more comes up and you have courageousness, acceptance or peace with the topic. You may do it daily for a time. If you need to put a clock on it allow yourself 15 minutes at a time.

Alex

Comment

Hi devbanana!

All the releasing processes, including adv/disadv, can be utilized as long as needed. All the processes allow us to experience imperturbability. If we keep releasing with them we can also experience our infinitude.

Best,
      Delilah
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

From Facebook:

It's always good to check to see how you're feeling about a topic or issue or goal after releasing a bit. Besides decision making there are lot's other reasons to explore things using the adv/disav process. I highly recommend that people explore things much more than just nine rounds. It's true that folks can have enormous gains in nine rounds but it is also true that nine rounds is a mere drop in the bucket. Folks should not feel in any way discouraged if they find they haven't either gotten clarity or their goals after even several visits of "nine rounds". Some folks need much more than many-times-nine-rounds and that says nothing about them, or even the process, other than they will be richly rewarded if they keep at it. I personally have explored things with adv/disadv. attachment/aversion, likes/dislikes for hours or days or even months as have many of my clients. It's surprising to see what can be uncovered and then released by having the willingness to explore things more fully.

Best,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Originally posted by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach View Post
          From Facebook:

It's always good to check to see how you're feeling about a topic or issue or goal after releasing a bit. Besides decision making there are lot's other reasons to explore things using the adv/disav process. I highly recommend that people explore things much more than just nine rounds. It's true that folks can have enormous gains in nine rounds but it is also true that nine rounds is a mere drop in the bucket. Folks should not feel in any way discouraged if they find they haven't either gotten clarity or their goals after even several visits of "nine rounds". Some folks need much more than many-times-nine-rounds and that says nothing about them, or even the process, other than they will be richly rewarded if they keep at it. I personally have explored things with adv/disadv. attachment/aversion, likes/dislikes for hours or days or even months as have many of my clients. It's surprising to see what can be uncovered and then released by having the willingness to explore things more fully.

Best,
          Delilah
          Thank you. That helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X