Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courage and the sense of I

Hi there,
    I have been using the method close to 2 years now and when I started I was feeling miserable.
    Now even though things are not perfect, I can feel that I am out from being "stuck" and see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    I feel "courage" more.

Now, I know it is a good thing. But the things is I have the stronger sense of "I."

*I* can do it!
    *I* am going to do it!

But generally speaking, in spirituality the final goal is getting rid of the ego, which some teachers explain as the sense of "I."
    And now I am feeling the "I" stronger than before, even though (probably) in a good way.

So my question is if it is a natural process toward "oneness" and nothing to worry about.
    Some spiritual teachers talk about "healthy ego" or "directive ego" and such and if this sense of "I" in "Yes I can" is that kind of "healthy ego."

Your advice, input etc. would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

(And I have let go of wanting to figure this out, and wanting to be on the *right* path.)

Hi terrym!

Great question!!

When we release at some point the "stuff" that isn't us falls away and we experience our true selves. What that means is to feel stronger, more present in the material sense, more competent, more confident. So it's a parallel process. The bodymind called terrym is able to function more optimally and that is what is referred to as the healthy or directive or executive ego. Relinquishing the ego or allowing it to dissolve are really just ways to refer to dis-identifying with the ego. As you keep releasing, if you haven't already, you will have experience where you will realize that you are one with everything and everyone and you will experience what is on the other side of the illusion of separation. Experiencing oneness doesn't exclude being more competent in the material world. And being more competent in the material world doesn't exclude the experience and truth of oneness. It's all one piece.

So my advice is that you need no advice! Just keep doing what you're doing.

Best,
    Delilah
    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 12-03-2017, 08:06 AM.
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you Delilah!

It is one of the best explanations I have read/heard regarding what it means to dissolve the ego and also the relationship between the ego, the illusion of separation, and the oneness etc. It really "clicked" and I understood some of the spiritual teachings I have read in the past at the same time. Also I'm glad to know I can just keep doing what I'm doing

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
      X