Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goal setting question

Hi there,
    I have read the goal setting part of the SM book and I have a question about it.
    In the book, it explains that we are to put down our goal(s) and then also put down the actions we think we need to achieve these goals, and we can release on "wants" that are blocking taking these actions.

I think I understand the process.
    However sometimes what you think are the best actions to take for the goal are not really so.
    In my case, actually often it is not knowing what are the best or good actions is the first "block."

So my question is if I go through the process anyway (just put down what I *think* are the best actions and release on them), am I to avoid unnecessary actions and come up with best actions, even if I have never thought of these actions?

(By the way I can see releasing on wanting to figure out the best actions is something good to do along with this process. )

Thank you.

I have read the goal setting part of the SM book and I have a question about it.
    In the book, it explains that we are to put down our goal(s) and then also put down the actions we think we need to achieve these goals, and we can release on "wants" that are blocking taking these actions.

*** I do not have the book in front of me, so cannot check your wording with the wording in that chapter. Is that actually what it says? ***

I think I understand the process.
    However sometimes what you think are the best actions to take for the goal are not really so.
    In my case, actually often it is not knowing what are the best or good actions is the first "block."

** My understanding is that we simply choose an action and release on the wants around that action, then we are freer to choose to take that action or not. We do not have to actually take those actions, especially if they are silly eg eat more jam sandwhiches.

eg I might have a goal for financial wealth.

An action could be to investigate forex trading. (w/c) . I release that want, however I choose not to do any forex trading.

So my question is if I go through the process anyway (just put down what I *think* are the best actions and release on them), am I to avoid unnecessary actions and come up with best actions, even if I have never thought of these actions?

**does it actually state 'best' action in the book , or does it state 'what action'?

I have heard Hale ask 'what is the most outrageous action I could take to attain my goal ( then release the wants) . eg I could marry a billionaire (w/a)

then he asks 'what is the simplest action I could take eg noticing where I am already wealthy (w/s)

(By the way I can see releasing on wanting to figure out the best actions is something good to do along with this process. ...YEP....

Comment

Hi terrym!

Is there some wanting to do things correctly? If yes, could you welcome wanting to do that? And then see if you could let go of that?

Is there some wanting to control your process? If yes, could you welcome wanting to do that? And then see if you could let go of that?

Release on any action steps that occur to you so that all resistance any of them dissolves. When we do that we find that even if we seem to go down a blind alley or hit a dead end, we learn things that can guide us to take a more effective action steps. Letting go of resistance allows us to see the perfection and value in each action step we take either because we learn something useful or we get the results we want...or both. Also, releasing on resistance and wanting to do things correctly gives us more clarity. With more flow and clarity we are more likely to take effective action steps.

Best,
      Delilah
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Thank you both for your replies! I much appreciate it.
        And sorry it took me a while to post this. It took me some time to digest what you both wrote.

I think I understand what you both wrote now.
        I will ask here again if I have further questions.
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X