Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did David Hawkins M.D. Steal from Sedona Method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• louisjxn
    replied
    Thank you for that information. I like Hawkins' books overall, so I was hoping there wasn't anything shady about the Letting Go book. I was just amazed that Hawkins never once mentions Lester in the book, not even in the References section.

Leave a comment:

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    Hi louisjxn!

Thanks so much for your input grizzo! <3

This is from Hale:

"David Hawkins is a Sedona Method Graduate. All his materials on releasing were adapted from our work. When I met him Lester was working intensively with him to help him get out of deep depression. While he released and had Lester’s help he ended up having the very profound spiritual experiences he wrote about in his books. Love, Hale "

Best,
    Delilah
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• grizzo
    replied
    He learned from Lester.
    A lot of people have enjoyed Hawkins book so I think anything that helps people release is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-NllqrmtDQ&t=236s

Leave a comment:

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    Hi louisjxn!

I am not certain if Dawkins learned about releasing from Lester Levenson. I think he did. If I am incorrect about Dawkins then I apologize. There are many teachers whose teachings overlap because certain things are universally constant and that means lots of people will discover or uncover the same things.

Best,
    Delilah
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• louisjxn
    started a topic Did David Hawkins M.D. Steal from Sedona Method?

Did David Hawkins M.D. Steal from Sedona Method?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure which forum this question belongs in, so I hope this is an appropriate place to inquire about this.

My journey into letting go started a few months ago when I read Letting Go : The Pathway to Surrender by David Hawkins M.D.

I loved the book and immediately started working on letting go. Then I discovered The Sedona Method by Hale Kwoskin and then The Abundance Book by Larry Crane.

It occurred to me that the book by David Hawkins seems to be pure plagiarism. It seems like some places are almost word for word copied--with very minor changes.

I've enjoyed Hawkins and his writing style, but I'm trying to figure out why he seems to have passed a lot of others' work off as his own. There is absolutely no reference to Hale Kwoskin, Larry Crane, or Lester Levenson anywhere in the book.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and knows what to make of it?
Working...
X