Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips for helping with scarcity of good emotions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for helping with scarcity of good emotions?

I've had two situations now when I've released on an issue and felt amazing. It felt like I could release any emotion after that and I definitely felt courageous, it felt like if I just stayed in that emotion my whole life I wouldn't need anything else eg money or accomplishments because it felt so good, that I didn't really need anything else. The problem is after these two incidents whenever I release and don't feel this way I get dissapointed, I feel lack to what is. I've tried accepting it but it's still there. I just want to be able to release and feel that way again but it feels like I'm lacking the emotion. I know hale said that good emotions are unlimited but this seems wrong from my viewpoint, how can they be unlimited if I've only been in this experience of joy twice and than I'm in apathy or a lesser emotion the rest of the time. All I want is to be in this state again but I don't know how because it seems to be random when releasing works, sometimes I'll ask for half an hour and just get more frustrated, sometimes I'll be able to easily let go and it seems to be out of my control which happens, even if I work on accepting bad emotions or letting go of wanting to change.

My question is is it possible to always be in this state? Or do I have to accept not being in this state. Shouls I release to try achieve this state again or should I just release to accept not being in this state?

Hi Honestowl, I was in a very similar situation to you. Yes, you will experience those emotions again because at the core this is what you are. Yes, its possible to always be in this state once you achieve complete hootlessness, but because you still have attachments and aversions they will pull you back into them and you will have to keep releasing. The only real solution I have found is just to keep releasing. The reason the releases in the beginning are so amazing is because you were in such a low place and you went to such a high place. The contrast was huge!

So don't release to achieve that state, that state is a natural biproduct of releasing your apathy, grief, fear, lust, anger and pride. So right not, the thoughts you are having is a direct result of your frustration feeling you have now. Once you release the frustration, watch what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Honestowl, I was in a very similar situation to you. Yes, you will experience those emotions again because at the core this is what you are. Yes, its possible to always be in this state once you achieve complete hootlessness, but because you still have attachments and aversions they will pull you back into them and you will have to keep releasing. The only real solution I have found is just to keep releasing. The reason the releases in the beginning are so amazing is because you were in such a low place and you went to such a high place. The contrast was huge!

So don't release to achieve that state, that state is a natural biproduct of releasing your apathy, grief, fear, lust, anger and pride. So right not, the thoughts you are having is a direct result of your frustration feeling you have now. Once you release the frustration, watch what happens.

Comment

Working...
    X