Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding hidden reasons for being inauthentic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding hidden reasons for being inauthentic.

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this but it's worth asking.

One problem I've been releasing on is how I act around others. Around my friends I can be hilarious, and light up a room, yet around others I don't know as well I seem to lose that, I lose my sense of humor and lock up and become more reserved I also feel like I can't engage in conversation in the same way and I'm not sure why. I've tried releasing approval security ect but there still seems to be this holding back like a 'you can't act this way here'. I'm not sure why I lose my sense of humor in certain situations and I'm not sure why I become reserved which makes it hard for me to release. I have a couple of questions around this.

1: Are there ways to help uncover the thing keeping me back from always being myself?

2: Can anyone who has released on similar problems perhaps suggest some potential reasons I still feel I can't be myself around anyone?

Thanks if anyone can help!

Firstly, Could you let go of the idea that being reserved is bad? TO me it's a sign of respect that someone doesn't spring their humour and joking style on me when I first meet them and gets to know me to learn if I'm receptive to that kind of humour first. So essentially your toning it down, isn't a bad thing. I suspect that you're looking for more confidence in communicating with someone new (reserved)

Could you let go of being hard on yourself? Be kind to yourself and your potential new friends and see this as a getting to know you stage?

I suggest holistic releasing. Could I allow myself to be as comfortable around this person as I am / am not? Could I allow myself to be as reserved as I am /am not?

Alex

Comment

Hi honestowl!

Can you find the one that is inauthentic or authentic?

Isn't all of that just the next collection of thoughts that are coming up to be released?

Best,
      Delilah
      Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 03-31-2017, 02:56 PM.
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hi honestowl!

This might be more helpful...

If you don't refer to the body, or to the mind, or to memory, can you find the one that is inauthentic or authentic?

Let these words just wash over you. You don't need to know what they mean or what to do with them. Just notice how it feels as they pass through awareness.

Best,
        Delilah
        Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 04-01-2017, 06:02 PM.
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
        X