Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does understanding happen?

Hello all,

I've been trying to advance my knowledge in IT and learn deeper coding. Programming has been a struggle for me and TSM has been very helpful to me to releasing frustration of not getting it and wanting to figure it out.

Today I was working on a project while learning from a book and, without really paying attention, I noticed that I was understanding the material with greater ease than before.

When I consciously realized this, it dawned on me that I wasn't in control of the understanding that was happening. That the understanding was happening of it's own. And it is possible that this understanding was present all along, but I was blocking it by trying to "get it" and wanting to figure it out.

So here is my question: does the unfoldment of "understanding" happen of it's own?

I know intellectually that there is no one to understand in the first place. But for some reason it is dawning on me that I can read this material and the understanding of it is already present, as long as I don't get in the way. Is this true?

PS: yes I could let go of wanting to figure it out. Yes, I would let go of wanting to figure it out. Yes, I do let go of wanting to figure it out :-)

So here is my question: does the unfoldment of "understanding" happen of it's own?

it would appear to be the case...what if 'understanding' is a being , rather than a doing?

I have read/heard of Lester having conversations with people about subjects he knew nothing about, but was able to converse intelligently nevertheless.

As Lester says- we are infinite beings...we are omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence.

As omniscience we know everything about everything ....and what if your releasing has removed some of the impediments to knowing/understanding what you are reading?

Once upon a time I was an agency worker in a unit for families in stress...one day one of the residents was acting out..full of conflict etc.
    As an agency worker I was not given the same training as the regular staff, but the right words just came out of my mouth...I knew just what to say to calm things down, maintain firm yet mutual boundaries...maybe this was omniscience too?

What is your Knowing?

zannierose

Comment

Thanks zannie. I'm starting to realize that I shouldn't pay as much attention to what I am retaining, but instead just learn the programming material and release as I learn. I have found that worrying about "not getting it" or "not understanding it" is the very reason I end up giving up most of the time. And as I am releasing I am realizing just how deep the fear of "not getting it" goes. There is actually great despair about not being able to learn this stuff and I had no idea. No wonder I can't learn this material, with that sort of programming operating beneath. TSM never ceases to amaze me. Thanks again!

Comment

Check out the work of Pawel Lewiki (Sorry I may have the spelling wrong.) Topic is preconscious processing. It was found that learning isn't really a conscious thing, it takes place at a different level of mind and the best way to learn is get out of the way. That means, do what the step, let go, repeat and at some point you suddenly know how to do it. For most the best examples are learning to ride a bike or tie ones shoelaces. Neither can be learned at a conscious level they are learned at an other than conscious level by simply doing the best you can and letting go of any expectations or preconceived ideas of what you think you already know.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Sedona Training -- Alex View Post
          Check out the work of Pawel Lewiki (Sorry I may have the spelling wrong.) Topic is preconscious processing. It was found that learning isn't really a conscious thing, it takes place at a different level of mind and the best way to learn is get out of the way. That means, do what the step, let go, repeat and at some point you suddenly know how to do it. For most the best examples are learning to ride a bike or tie ones shoelaces. Neither can be learned at a conscious level they are learned at an other than conscious level by simply doing the best you can and letting go of any expectations or preconceived ideas of what you think you already know.

Alex
          Alex, that's very interesting. I'd like to read further on that subject.

I guess in order to start putting it into practice one should begin with letting go of wanting to control the learning process.

There's a funny thing I realized about this topic. I have always strained hard mentally to learn something and would attack the topic with sheer will, which was a painful process. Not only does that kill the possibility of making learning fun, but it has also made me prideful about learning. If I believe that I'm doing it myself or am the conscious master of my learning then of course I'm going to be prideful about what I retain. But reading more about learning happening of it's own, it makes prideful learning seem comically absurd. It's again the ego taking credit for something much larger. Thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sedona Training -- Alex View Post

Alex
            Alex, that's very interesting. I'd like to read further on that subject.

I guess in order to start putting it into practice one should begin with letting go of wanting to control the learning process.

There's a funny thing I realized about this topic. I have always strained hard mentally to learn something and would attack the topic with sheer will, which was a painful process. Not only does that kill the possibility of making learning fun, but it has also made me prideful about learning. If I believe that I'm doing it myself or am the conscious master of my learning then of course I'm going to be prideful about what I retain. But reading more about learning happening of it's own, it makes prideful learning seem comically absurd. It's again the ego taking credit for something much larger. Thanks for replying.

Comment

There is a book about Preconscious Processing, by Norman F Dixson. Hard to get hold of.

Alex

Comment

Hi keif!

Could you allow yourself to trust your actual experience? You had an experience and garnered a lovely insight from it. Could you allow it to be as lovely and brilliant as it is? Would you if you could? When?

LOL, we all have a tendency to want do more with perfection don't we?

Good job keif!!!

Warmly,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                X