Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with written releasing

Hi everyone!

I was working with TSM book and I have reached the chapter about written releasing and it is confusing me. I truly believe that this part is going to be extremely helpful for me but I have some questions about using the suggested system with 2 columns.
    In Part one I find it extremely hard to identify "what is my NOW want" about a specific instance in which I wanted control. To put it simple, I just don't understand what is it that I might need from a specific situation in a past. For example, If I have a fear of some sort that is related to being in a very quiet space with other people in it, in that specific instance I desire control of body and it's processes. However, after it is gone, I think: "that was unpleasant - i don't really want it to reoccur". What would be my underlying want(s) NOW?
    In Part two I have a similar problem with finding an underlying want in both "ways I try to control" and "ways I try to be controlled". I though that maybe some of you had a similar problem and found a solution to it like an extra step or a question that you ask yourself.

I apologise if there is already a similar thread but I couldn't find it - the search engine isn't working. Thank you!

I recommend giving the chapter number. It allows us to have a look at where you're at.

"i don't really want it to reoccur"

Ask yourself, why don't you want that to reoccur? Were you insecure? Lacking control of the situation, Lacking approval? And then release on that.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Sedona Training -- Alex View Post
      I recommend giving the chapter number. It allows us to have a look at where you're at.

Ask yourself, why don't you want that to reoccur? Were you insecure? Lacking control of the situation, Lacking approval? And then release on that.

Alex
      Thank you, Alex. Just to clarify: My feeling now towards the situation is that I don't want it to happen again because in that situation I lack both approval and control. But It wouldn't be "my NOW want" as the book says, would it? I am on Chapter 7:Letting Go of the Four Basic wants.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sedona Training -- Alex View Post

Alex
      Thank you, Alex. Just to clarify: My feeling now towards the situation is that I don't want it to happen again because in that situation I lack both approval and control. But It wouldn't be "my NOW want" as the book says, would it? I am on Chapter 7:Letting Go of the Four Basic wants.

Comment

If you think about something from the past you're still experiencing it now. What ever you focus on in the now, whether it is a memory from the past or future it's happening now in your body.

In your example, if you don't want to experience something again, because you lacked approval and control then. It's because you want to approval and control right now. In fact the simple I don't want that again... does have an underlying want. It's already present when you think of it.

Alex

Comment

Hi alekonia!

When we don't want something to reoccur that might be wanting control (wanting to control our future experience).

The thing about the wants is that they are much more fluid that we think. In one moment we may want control, in an other we may want security, in another we may want separation or in another we may want approval even if we are working on a singular and specific memory or issue or project. See if you can let go of wanting to figure just exactly what the right want is in any given moment. The wants can change from one second to the next. So just allow whatever appears in awareness to be the want in that moment and release on that.

Best,
          Delilah
          www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
          X