X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    Hi Peter!

If watching horror movies has some value for you or is in anyway important to you then by all means watch and release. Your question, "However, wouldn't it be good to stirr up all the fear of death and wanting survival..." is actually intuitively correct. It is very useful to look inside to see if there is fear of death and dying and release on this. If you want to release on this topic "by watching a horror movie to then welcome and release these emotions and wants? ", feel free to do so.

There is something to the idea that scary images inserted in the mind can clutter the mind with fearful unnecessarily. And it's true that we can release so that no image can be scary. I would check to see what scenarios are more personal and stir things up because you might find more significant relief from fear of death as they pertain to you. However, if there is a reason you want to release via horror movies then go ahead. We don't have any hard and fast rules about how people uncover the freedom that they are.

It just occurred to me that maybe there is a specific horror movie or there are several specific horror movies that have impacted you negatively. If yes, then you can release on this directly without viewing them or you can release while viewing them. I do suggest that you bring gentlelovingkindness to your process however you go about releasing on this.

Warmly,
    Delilah

Leave a comment:

• PeterSch
    started a topic Watch Horror Movies to release?

Watch Horror Movies to release?

So, this may sound like a weird question, but.. is it benefitial to watch horror movies in the context of releasing?

I'm asking, because I used to be extremely terrified and afraid (for days at a time) when I watched really scary and terrifying movies. But most of this was probably only because of resistance to the fear and wanting to control it - before I learned how to release with the Sedona Method.

Many people in the self-help industry say you must be careful what you put into your mind, because you are programming it constantly and want "only positive thoughts and inputs".

However, wouldn't it be good to stirr up all the fear of death and wanting survival by watching a horror movie to then welcome and release these emotions and wants?

Logically speaking, if we weren't afraid of dying or had no wanting survival, one wouldn't get scared while watching those movies, so it makes sense to me to do that.

Looking forward to your responses!

Peter
Working...
X