Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop myself going into resistance from the start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop myself going into resistance from the start?

Hi, I know that whenever you say you have to do something it makes you resist it. But how do I get myself to do things without doing it in a way that makes me resist it. For example I am doing ten minutes of meditation each day, and obviously when I tell myself I have to do it every day I get resistance after about a week. But than how am I supposed to make meditations daily habit if I don't make myself do t every day? If I said you don't have to do it daily I just wouldn't do t and would do something fun like watch tv instead. Is there a way I can set goals etc in a way that removes Resitance or do I just have to accept it will always be here?

Welcome the resistance.

Then I suggest holistic releasing, could I allow myself to resist meditating as much as I do / could I allow myself to enjoy meditating as I do.

Or Could I allow myself to like meditating as I do / Could I allow myself to dislike meditating as I do.

Don't break the chain.

Alex

Comment

Hi honestowl!

No resistance is not a problem, it's just an energy coming up to be released. Everyone has/feels resistance!

When you make the choice to meditate daily you are not actually in the routine of performing the meditation. You are declaring the intention. so you might set up a goal like, "I now allow myself to meditate daily at 7AM every morning." Then when 7 AM rolls around notice what is happening inside. If there is resistance, take a minute or two to let that come up before you throw in the towel. In fact if you could allow yourself to have the first step be to practice releasing resistance that would help immeasurably in so many ways. Ultimately you will become so skilled at letting go of resistance that it will no longer be an issue when it comes up.

In TSM we don't give resistance any kind of meaning. Resistance is not an indication of anything about you. It doesn't reflect a character flaw like we are lazy or oppositional or self destructive. It's just an energy that comes up so that it can move on through and release.

One thing that you might try is to release on the resistance to resistance. So often we do give meaning to resistance and the then we resist the resistance. Wanting to remove resistance is wanting to get rid of it, and is resisting the resistance. So releasing on resistance to resistance can also be of great value. I know this may not seem funny in the moment but there can even be resistance to the resistance to the resistance and so on... so can you allow the resistance to be here? And can you allow the resistance to the resistance to be here? And can you let the resistance to the resistance to the resistance be here too? Remember welcoming is the second most fundamental way to release. Allowing, noticing, opening up to, letting "it" be here, etc are all synonyms with welcoming. And after you've welcomed see if you can let it go. If not go back to welcoming. You are releasing when you welcome!

Best,
      Delilah
      www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I did the Resitance to the resistance thing and after five layers (resisting resisting resisting etc) I realised how ridiculous it was that I was resisting my resistance to resisting my resistance of resistance and just started laughing than it released

Comment

Originally posted by honestowl View Post
          I did the Resitance to the resistance thing and after five layers (resisting resisting resisting etc) I realised how ridiculous it was that I was resisting my resistance to resisting my resistance of resistance and just started laughing than it released
          Bahahahaha hilarious xD

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by honestowl View Post
          Bahahahaha hilarious xD

Comment

Oh that's great honestowl!
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
            X