No announcement yet.

I don't have many wants anymore but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have many wants anymore but...

Hi,
    After I started using the Sedona Method, I have definitely changed. I'm more calm and peaceful.
    "voice in the head" has reduced in volume and amount too. So I assume I'm in the right direction.

However the "motives" or "impetus" that moved me in the past seems to be gone, and I don't feel like doing things much anymore.
    Here are some examples. I'll put my original motives (that I realized doing the method) on the right.
    I don't socialize much - w/a
    I don't try to find a date - w/a w/c
    I don't try to start a business or find work - w/s
    (I have savings for now)
    I don't study/practice/learn things much anymore - w/a, w/c

These are only examples and I have released on these items and I don't have negative feelings about them.
    For example, occasionally I think about the future and I think "Hmm, I probably should do something to make money for the future" but I know it's coming from wanting security and I release on it, then I feel fine without doing anything. Then the thought occasionally comes back and I keep repeating the process.

It kind of feels like I became an adult all of a sudden while playing house with kids.
    Now things people do seem not important as before.
    (I can't find a better analogy)
    But I don't feel apathetic or depressed. Kind of "nonchalant."

Now I'm not sure what I should do about it, or if I should even do something about it.
    Is it possibly because I haven't released enough and is it likely I will find things to do without w/a w/c w/s if I keep releasing??
    Yes I have already tried to release on this "not wanting to do much" or "nonchalant" feeling already.

Thank you.

Hi. I'm probably at a lower stage job the releasing process than you, (ive released enough now so my default feeling is currently pride or couragousness) so take this with a grain of salt. But from my perspective it seems like the only reason this is a problem is you have more releasing to do. Think about it if you had no more wants you wouldn't be making a thread about what to do about having more wants. MSybe the fact that you are worried about not having more wants is wantjhrg control over being able to achieve what you want. If you let it go you wouldn't sustain it in mind anymore and would likely have it all work itself out.

Try see if you want control. Eg you may feel you need to be productive because without it you feel out of control over your finances.

Again this may not be helpful to you just what I thought when reading your thread

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. I'm probably at a lower stage job the releasing process than you, (ive released enough now so my default feeling is currently pride or couragousness)so take this with a grain of salt. But from my perspective it seems like the only reason this is a problem is you have more releasing to do. Think about it if you had no more wants you wouldn't be making a thread about what to do about having more wants. MSybe the fact that you are worried about not having more wants is wantjhrg control over being able to achieve what you want. If you let it go you wouldn't sustain it in mind anymore and would likely have it all work itself out.

Try see if you want control. Eg you may feel you need to be productive because without it you feel out of control over your finances.

Again this may not be helpful to you just what I thought when reading your thread

Comment

Hi honestowl,
      Thank you for your input.

"Maybe the fact that you are worried about not having more wants is wanting control over being able to achieve what you want."
      I had never thought "I was worried about not having more wants" but now that you put it this way, yes you are right about that!

But I don't have anything I "want to achieve" per se.
      (Sure I have a goal of "becoming free" but I suppose everyone here has this goal or intention.)
      I thought a bit deeper and and I think the motive behind writing this thread is wanting assurance that I'm in the right path.
      So I think I'm wanting "security" in a way. I'm scared a bit what's going to happen if things keep being this way.
      Things have not changed for a while even though I keep releasing on things.
      As you pointed out it may be wanting to "control" the situation however as I wrote I have been releasing on this feeling too and things are the same.

Comment

Hi, terrym

What comes to mind when I read your post is:

Is there a belief you need to be in action?
        That could be an interesting thing to release on--beliefs around productivity; what you're supposed to do as a living person, etc.

Doing releases on your heart's deepest desire could be beneficial, too.
        It's on the effortless creation and financial liberation audios, and goes something like:
        In this moment, what is your heart's deepest desire?
        Which want is it coming from?
        Could you let the want go?
        Could you let go of the desire?

Also, is there a feeling that there's something wrong with how you feel now?

And, I just remembered something else! It was one of the coaches or Hale, I think, who said that when you get more in touch with beingness and things get quieter, it's not something you're used to yet, so your mind comes up with all sorts of things to try and re-occupy that space. So that might just be what's happening. Right now you're quieter and your mind's, all, this is weird, let's ponder over whether I should be in action or not, so I'm busy again and back in my comfort zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, terrym

That could be an interesting thing to release on--beliefs around productivity; what you're supposed to do as a living person, etc.

It's on the effortless creation and financial liberation audios, and goes something like:

And, I just remembered something else! It was one of the coaches or Hale, I think, who said that when you get more in touch with beingness and things get quieter, it's not something you're used to yet, so your mind comes up with all sorts of things to try and re-occupy that space. So that might just be what's happening. Right now you're quieter and your mind's, all, this is weird, let's ponder over whether I should be in action or not, so I'm busy again and back in my comfort zone.

Comment

Thank you jenko for this. I much appreciate it.
          Actually, yes, I think I have a belief that I need to be in action...never thought of it!
          I think this is coming from wanting approval and security, like "Everyone is busy working or doing stuff, am I OK not doing anything?
          What to say to my friends/family what I am doing these days??" I'll try releasing on this!
          Also what you pointed out about my mind trying to fill in the quietness makes sense too...

Thank you again

Originally posted by jenko View Post
          Hi, terrym

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you jenko for this. I much appreciate it.
          Actually, yes, I think I have a belief that I need to be in action...never thought of it!
          I think this is coming from wanting approval and security, like "Everyone is busy working or doing stuff, am I OK not doing anything?
          What to say to my friends/family what I am doing these days??" I'll try releasing on this!
          Also what you pointed out about my mind trying to fill in the quietness makes sense too...

Thank you again

Comment

Working...
          X