I do not have desire, I have fear motivate my feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not have desire, I have fear motivate my feelings

Hello, in sedona method book, author says we have attachment and aversion to goal. which is fine. everybody say this. Tony Robbins say we move away from pain (aversion) and towards pleasure (attachment).

then it doesnt make sense that every feeling is motivated by desire, no? Desire is always moving towards pleasure?
    I want to get control, I want to get approval, I want to get security, I want to get separation or get oneness.
    I understand I want this = I dont have this now, so I hope to get in future.

So if I work on my releasing, I have many aversion to different topics. Topic is money for example. I want more money. But I have aversion to have this money. I have fear of losing control if I get this goal.
    But I dont want to get control, I just feel fear of losing control if I get this goal. So that all feelings come from 1 of 4 desires is not true. That means we only move towards pleasure, only to get control, approval, security, separation or oneness? Author says I feel out of control and want to get control. But I feel in control now without this goal and fear to be out of control when I get the goal. It's the opposite.

Also is a aversion to money not the same as resistance to money? Thanks you very much and sorry for my not so perfect english,

Hi bobbyzz!

Many of us are attached to pain because it is familiar and we prefer the familiar to the less painful. Many of us are attached to pain that we know because we fear that if we let go of the pain we know, different pain that is more painful will replace the pain we know. Many of us are attached to pain because we don't feel worthy of pleasure. You yourself have shown that you are attached to your version of pain or lack because you fear if you accomplish your goal you worry you will loose control. So, in your actual experience you are discovering that there is so much more going on than what some motivational speakers speak about. The paradox of The Sedona Method is that it is so simple while at the same time it reveals AND addresses how complex and layered our programming is and offers highly effective and very profound ways to unravel ourselves from that programming.

Another example of how comprehensive The Sedona Method is, is the way it addresses our relationship with money or other things we want or like or love. It is completely human to resist the things we want, like or love. Resistance is universal. The good news is that TSM acknowledges this and offers a simple and highly effective way to dissolve resistance.

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hello Delilah,

So the fear of loss of control is just another emotion to release? It's the want to control then because I have fear about not be able to control? It's not about focus to gain more control in my life but just not lack it then? In book says want is lack, i assume if I fear not having control that is the same as want control and as lack control then.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Correct bobbyzz.
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

That was a great response, I thank you so much. I see how this method is so much different and simpler than trying to use a carrot and a stick to motivate yourself and control your own motivation, to create leverage on yourself.

Delilah, can you let me know, what is the difference between to let go of my feelings and to drop my feelings? I find it's confusing to drop feelings or drop desires. The feelings wants to come up and we resist. If we allow them to come up, they must "be lighter than air" or have higher buoyancy, they wanna come up, like holding a ball under water, there is pressure and resistance. So it makes no sense to me to drop a feeling, because it doesn't fall down, it just goes up because of it's lower density, no?. Or is to drop the feeling a figure of speech, like "dropping a habit" which means not doing it anymore I think.

Comment

Hi bobbyzz!

There are many ways to help someone orient themselves towards letting go. One way is to think of dropping a feeling like one would drop a stone into a well. Another is to think of a feeling just dissolving like fog disappearing from a field early in the morning. Larry Crane used to use the image of putting straw/pipe in the place where the feeling is and letting it release through the straw/pipe. Or he would use the image of opening a door or window and letting the feeling go that way. There are so many metaphors and images to support our letting go and any of them can be helpful.

All feelings are really just energy coming up to be released. We call them feelings because we feel them in the body. What we are feeling is the sensation of the feeling/energy in any given moment. Energy is like water. When there is an opening it will flow on through. So we create different pointers using different metaphors to support new people's releasing. Eventually you'll get the hang of it and you won't need to use these metaphorical devices to help you.

Lastly, releasing can allow the feeling/energy to release upwards or downwards or outwards horizontally or spirally or with a spinning action etc. Again, energy is like water. It will go anywhere where it can flow.

Best,
            Delilah
            Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 05-27-2020, 02:36 PM.
            www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Hello Delilah,

thank you so much for you answer, I love this . The metaphors you used are great for understanding.

I am really learning to enjoy this method, although it is not always easy for me to implement, it is very rewarding.

Thank you again and have a phenomenal day

Comment

Hi bobbyzz!

I edited my last reply and corrected some things. Most importantly, I meant to write horizontally instead of vertically.

I'm glad that you found my reply, even with its incorrect words, of value.

Warmly,
                Delilah
                www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
                X