not allowing myself to imagine or have all the good things that i want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not allowing myself to imagine or have all the good things that i want

I was looking for something like sedona as I was finding I was too negative and self sabotaged all the time allowing my self to have or imagine having what I wanted - such as my retirement pension retunred - a new car after 24 years a new flat , a new man healing my rotator cuff should after 20 years - so I alaways felt lacking and irritable and mostly frustrtated - I knew I was the problem but couldnt change as I was not able to believe I have been working on it but not very successful yet exhausted with trying

Hi Angelab!

See if you can notice how difficult it feels to imagine these things and let all the skeptical or negative thoughts come up about this, like "I don't deserve this.", or, "This will never happen." etc so that these thoughts can release. Don't be afraid to let the negativity come up. When we let the negativity come up so it can release it will eventually release and it won't be such hard work.

Journaling might help with getting all the negativity out in the open and then you can release on it so that it dissolves.

Warmly,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Many thanks Delilah I can understand the theory of course bring it up to release but I certainly don’t think I don’t deserve this on a conscious level. Perhaps think this happens to others not me I am not successful in getting things and moving ahead look at my past record or failures Always so much hard work and Angst and hope and nearly there But never make itv

by. The way what if yeses are definitely yeses but a bit grudging a no would be wrong

Comment

Hi Angelab!

I like to use the metaphor of the iceberg. The conscious mind is only the tip of the iceberg. The subconscious mind is the greatest percentage of the body of the iceberg. It is extremely common for me to hear from my clients that they don't want to be/have/do ____________________(fill in the blank) and they Do want to have/be/do ________________. The logical mind has some difficulty and in many cases a lot of difficulty imagining that there are parts of the mind that are working at cross-purposes of our goals. So then the question that I am asked often is,"How do I access my subconscious or unconscious mind?" As a traditionally trained psychotherapist I know that one way to do that is to spend years in therapy. Of course I am not opposed to therapy. I am a therapist so of course I am pro-therapy. But I also know that one of the most expedient and extremely effective ways to access the subconscious or unconscious mind is to use the releasing questions. They look so simple and can seem like they might not really get to the deepest aspects of the mind but they do.

The key is to answer the questions as honestly as you can, not the way you think you should or the way you want to answer them. As we go along the layers of delusion and illusion fall away and we find that there is so much more working against ourselves in the subconscious mind that we originally thought. And this makes sense if we refer back to the metaphor of the iceberg. Most of the mind operates below the surface and it takes some peeling away of what the conscious mind has to say to get to what the subconscious mind is up to.

Warmly,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Dear Delilah many thanks as always for your thoughtful and supportive answer I am not sure what I indicated I did or didn’t want to do and I am aware of the fact the subconscious runs the show and it only gets reprogrammed by the result of releasingI. I just meant that consciously I didn’t think specifically I didn’t deserve anything But obviously it didn’t appear I could get the rest a byway as my subconscious doesn’t believe it

Comment

Yes and as you suggested tried to make a list of negatives more difficult than failures

Comment

Working...
            X