cant release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant release

I have been trying to release for a few weeks but I cant seem to let anything go. I just finished The Sedona Method book but even after finishing it I was left clueless about how you actually release. I have tried forcing the feeling, letting it go "naturally" but nothing has been working. I almost feel like I found an efficient way to suppress my emotions. Every time I try to release, I feel received for a second, but the emotion comes back just as strong the next time I think of the problem or at the next trigger. Does anyone have any advice, or a clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Delaney!

If you are feeling relieved for a second after releasing you are actually doing great! Releasing is a natural everyday activity however when we decide to intentionally let go it can seem difficult because we take for granted the releasing we do all day long without thinking. Keep doing what you are doing and the relief will last longer and longer.

One helpful clue is to pay attention to what is going on from the chin down. See if you can allow the places where there is tension or gripping in the body, in the throat, the chest or the stomach to soften. If you are able to do this you'll find that you feel more peaceful, more ease, more space and more energy flow inside.

Please keep us posted about how your process is unfolding,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

I don't seem to be keeping my gains, am I still releasing?

Comment

Yes Delaney!
        You are releasing. As I wrote above, "Keep doing what you are doing and the relief will last longer and longer." Sometimes it takes a while for the bodymind to let go of the habits or default tendencies or patterns. Your experience and questions are very common. Keep going, you're doing well if you are feeling relief even for only a second.
        Best,
        Delilah
        www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

okay! thank you so much you've been so helpful!!

Comment

Hello As I focus on the emotion, the intensity of my emotion increases. Also, even if I relax momentarily, my resistance stays the same. am i doing something wrong

Comment

Hi durak!

The intensity is increasing because you are inviting it to come up so it can release. Keep opening inside, AKA welcoming the emotion so that it has room to come and move through the bodymind.

Best,
              Delilah
              www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

thank you for your interest

Comment

Working...
                X