Tech question about security warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech question about security warnings

Hi, this is my first day here. My browser (Firefox) is blocking links that are given in these forums. For instance, if I go to 60 Days of Letting Go, and click the 60 Days of Letting Go posts which gives all the links, clicking one of the links gets me a "Reported Attack Page!" red window that says, "This web page at www dot sedonamethodcommunity dot com (I am not allowed to post links) has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences." (my preferences are default; I've never dealt with this sort of thing before).

If I click for more information, I get a page that says, among other things:
    "Of the 4 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-09-12, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-09-12." Also: "Over the past 90 days, sedonamethodcommunity dot com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 1 site(s) including releasingcommunity dot org." "1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including sedona dot com/."

It says the site itself is not hosting malicious software, but has been hijacked.

Is this just Firefox security running wild, or is there a problem?

Thanks.

Thanks for the post. We've had the hosting service check the site since 2013-09-12 and Firefox is not reporting issues for me. As the message points out the malware is not posted on Sedona Site. It means there was link that was probably posted to another site that probably has the malware. Possibly in a member messages or profile. As always you should use caution when you follow links, especially those in profiles and messages from members who do not actively participate on the forum.

Alex

Comment

Thanks for the post. We've had the hosting service check the site since 2013-09-12 and Firefox is not reporting issues for me. As the message points out the malware is not posted on Sedona Site. It means there was link that was probably posted to another site that probably has the malware. Possibly in a member messages or profile. As always you should use caution when you follow links, especially those in profiles and messages from members who do not actively participate on the forum.

Alex

Comment

AVAST Anti Virus giving me warning when first time visiting the site. Perhaps he thinks that one of the cookies is a trojan. However its still disturbing...

Comment

A couple of the AV programs don't like forums as they often have pages with links that can be redirect links. Since the SM forum has a lot of links it's can raise a red flag even though there is no problem.

The site is being checked regularly and we are working on making it more secure and more user friendly. If you do discover problems don't hesitate to contact me. Copy and paste any messages you get to me in a message and I can pass them on to the tech people to look into and correct if necessary.

Meanwhile I've been assured there is no malware that will infect your computer on the community.sedona.com site. And for that I'm grateful because because I am here a lot.

Alex

Comment

Working...
          X