Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryu
    replied
    Thank you both, Delilah and Clarie, for your thoughts, and the time you took to set them down here. I also am wondering if the folks who designed this thing had any vision for how forums vs blogs might be used. Probably a good idea to release on the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• Clarie van de Langenberg
    replied
    Hi Ryu and Delilah,

some of my thoughts about this.

I agree with Delilah. There are many entries on these Forums, Blogs etc. to read about stuff, and I feel it is helpfull to highlight some of the posts as a blog. Some people might read one or more Forums, and others might read blogs. I don't feel it is redundant. And some of us read everything...

Especially when a post is like a 'complete story' - like a column, isn't it worth a blog?
    I love the BLOG part.

I also liked THE MACHINE story very much, and it reads like a column, a 'round' story.

It would be a different story to turn every post into a blog...

Clarie
    Last edited by Clarie van de Langenberg; 08-18-2010, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DelilahCertifiedSMCoach
    replied
    Hi Ryu,

That's a great question and I think that the answer likely resides in you. I have sometimes turned a reply into a blog because I couldn't post the reply and didn't want to toss the time and effort I took to reply to something in a thread. Once I "let it go" to become a blog it occured to me that someone might find what I wrote to be useful in some way. In fact I think that writing anything on here is about letting go...letting go of wanting to write something fabulous, brilliant, earth changing, helpful, loving, humble, well written, creative, original, kind etc.

I also had the same question when reading your post about THE MACHINE. First I'd like to say that I enjoyed reading it so much. It made me laugh because it was so funny. And I could relate to the experiences you were sharing about exercising. Because I think what you wrote about is universal when it comes to exercising, I also wondered if what you wrote would be well used in a blog that people would see right away on the front page.

If this website really takes off as a public forum there will tons of blogs and posts and it will be catch as catch can when each of us checks in. We won't all get to read everyone's blog because so many will be coming in. Same with the posts. We will only read what appears in front of us first and then maybe follow a thread if it interests us. Or we will read the things we search for. In answer to your question, I think it's how you feel in the moment... Q:In this moment, would you like "it' to be a blog or a post, or both? I think it's up to you. I suspect that others will have loads of opinions about this and I look forward to reading as many of them as I can .

Love, Delilah
    Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 08-17-2010, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryu
    started a topic Forum versus Blog ??

Forum versus Blog ??

My question is, when should I use one rather than the other? Should I ever post the same thing on both?
Working...
X