Non-Duality and The Sedona Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Duality and The Sedona Method

One of the underlying principles of The Sedona Method is that there is no separation. I’m inviting you to participate in a conversation on non-duality that will span the globe….
    Last edited by Sedona Training; 01-14-2011, 01:03 PM.
    Purchase Letting Go Movie on DVD http://www.lettinggo.tv/moviedvd/
    Purchase Beyond Letting Go http://www.lettinggo.tv/beyond-lettinggo/
    Purchase The Sedona Method Course http://www.sedona.com/transform
    Learn The Sedona Method in 2 hours. http://opti1.lettinggo.tv/smc-quickstudy/

Thanks for being all inclusive. Glad to hear it. Blessings.

Comment

Thank you, Hale. I love that you are promoting the idea of meeting on common ground. So often I had encountered the notion of needing to find your "own path" and sticking to it - not necessarily denigrating other paths - but in order not to "get lost", to "progress" without going round in circles. In my experience paths cross. I also appreciate the reminder that there's nothing we need to do, to change or to accomplish.

Right now though - I'm feeling and continuing to feel despite releasing and welcoming etc - very ambivalent. I'm feeling like this is a cop out. I've been struggling with "not doing enough" - not enough releasing, not enough meditation, not enough work, not enough helping others (we are in the aftermath of devastating floods in our state in Australia). And I'm confused. Every day I'm being asked to choose - an opinion, a political stance, join a cause. What a perfect example of the duality of this world. I only feel truly peaceful and can see the duality as it is when I release on it. I also practise Vipassana meditation - it's all the same. And now I feel peaceful. (Now there's a gain!)

Thanks,
      Mari

Comment

Other Teachings

The greatest teaching I know of that is pure non-duality is "A Course In Miracles". In no part does this 1000+ page masterpiece compromise on the idea of non-duality.

And the best book in my opinion that provides a great introduction to this masterpiece is "The Disappearance of The Universe" by Gary Renard.

Thanks for the chance of letting everyone share this most essential of subjects!

Ziad

Comment

I feel similar to Ziad. "A Course In Miracles" explains non-duality in a way that I can use. And I found out about it from Gary Renard's book, "The Disappearance Of The Universe". That book changed everything for me. And now I understand Lester's teachings in way that I did not before.

I also find that Ho'oponopono (Self-Identity Through Ho'oponpono) is also based in non-duality, although it may not necessarily be apparent on the surface. Maybe it is just me, but it I see the non-duality in the way that Dr. Hew Len teaches it. Other teachers may not mention it, and focus on other aspects.

This is also how I see Lester's teachings. The non-duality is at the core, but it does not always seem that apparent in current teachings based on his ideas.

Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

Dear Hale,
            Thank you for this wonderful sharing!
            Advaita (Sanskrit a, not; dvaita, dual) is a nondual tradition from India, with Advaita Vedanta, a branch of Hinduism, as its philosophical arm.
            Love,
            Nupur.

Comment

simple teachings

The two simplest, but most profound teachings I know on non-duality are these:

Speaking on life and how to live it:

"It's a question of gradually and patiently coming to know what dwells within us (awareness) and of harmonising the various elements (mind, body, emotions, feelings, sensations) that make us unique, original and unrepeatable". Pope John Paul II.

"This, above all, to thine own self be true and it shall follow as night, day, thou canst not then be false to any (wo)man". Shakespeare.

Thank you Hale, for being willing to selflessly share one extraordinary means of living these premises.

Originally posted by BenvsWeb View Post

One of the underlying principles of The Sedona Method is that there is no separation. I’m inviting you to participate in a conversation on non-duality that will span the globe….

Comment

Thank you Hale!

My experience of non-duality began with Dr. Michael Ryce's work from "Why Is This Happening to Me ... Again?!" The website is WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME AGAIN Before this, I was able to experience non-duality physically through the practice of Tai Chi which I learned from student's of Master Shi Ming (but I was still hooked mentally). Then I found a student of Michael Ryce's in my home town Lansing, Michigan, who assisted me very much the way I've seen you (Hale) assist others. He works with Michael's process called, "Stillpoint Breathing" and technique's he has learned from his teacher Dennis Adams (Master Healer and Teacher Dennis Adams). His name is Rex Montague-Bauer and his website is Stillpoint Breath of Life.

The results I've experienced working with Rex is nearly identical to what I have experienced working with the Sedona method. The difference is in how easily I am able to integrate the Sedona Method it into my daily life. I'm not certain if Sedona seems easier because I came to it with my prior experiences, but it doesn't matter really because I'm enjoying using the Sedona Method ... Right Now!

I came to the Sedona Method from Paul Scheele (ASK YOUR INNER GENIUS and Learning Strategies Corporation -- Home)

Thanks again Hale! Peace, blessings and love, -Tony

Comment

All the insights given here and the works mentioned are totally dualistic. They involve an I seeking awakening. There is no I to awake to truth. Not saying that there is anything right or wrong about that, it just is. Non-Dualistic realisation is the apparent energy shift and the apparent dropping away of the illusionary self or I. The teacher/student circle keeps an apparent individual seeking and will always do that. The truth is there is nothing to find, zero, nothing at all, all there is is what is. All practices are relevant and appear to comfort the dreamer in the dream. They make the prison feel more comfortable, but they are not true liberation. There is no you!! It's a construct and there is nothing you can do about that, one plays at being you appearing to be separate. The mind cannot get this. Being separate is a bodily felt energy, that can shift to boundlessness, but you can not do anything to help that along because there is no you to do that. The world is full of seekers, seeking what they already are, which is nothing appearing as something.

Comment

One of the most insightful and compassionate non-dual teachers on the scene today is Jac O'Keeffe. http://www.jackieokeeffe.com/

Comment

Body/mind (ego)/spirit(awareness). While spirit(awareness) needs no duality, which is something that the mind is introduced to in the Sedona Method, the mind (ego) then gets the understanding that it is no longer running the show. The body still needs to be provided for, housed, fed, clothed. I choose the word RELATIVITY over duality.
                      Example: The thermostat is a 78 and the body is comfortable, the body then starts to do some housecleaning and is now feeling too hot. The thermostat lever is then moved to 70 to give a more comfortable experience to the body. Later in the day, all cleaning done, and the body is relaxed on the sofa, starts to feel cold. The lever on the thermostat is then moved back to 78, feeling good. Now, 78 was neither good or bad; 70 degrees was neither good or bad . ..it was all relative!!

Today, in Texas, it is very overcast with cloud, in the low 50’s and drizzling rain. This is an opportunity to wear that new winter outfit with matching boots and umbrella! Great!! But I wonder what the bride across the street, who’s wedding day it is, has to say about the weather . . .it is all relative!!

I love burning candles in my living room; I cannot experience their full beauty during the sunlight of the day; it takes the darkness of the night to see and appreciate their beauty.

When I(mind) first learned to use TSM, the body, called Victoria, spent much time just sitting “being” in “isness” but then the mind stepped it to re-mind that bills had to be paid that where overdue, due to the body just allowing itself sit and experience “isness” it was fantastic! But the responsibilities still had to be taken care of! (there was a late penalty)

Living life on earth requires the that mind and body and (awareness) spirit to work in unison. The mind of Victoria is no longer in the drivers seat, the mind is there to re-mind what is needful for the body and the awareness makes it aware. Again, nature (to some this is God essence) is an amazing choreographer!

The three dimensions, body/mind/spirit of this entity called Victoria looks less to being judgmental and look on all apparent things and happenings as opportunities to make (discern) from what is present and choose what is relative to the experience that is most desirable for the body.

Have I perfected all this yet? No, but I know I can release on all that angst I once suffered from.

Comment

Hi Hale,

I love all the videos on youtube from Mooji and his book "Before I Am".
                        He is a master of helping people in the direct recognition of our original Self.

Love, Elmar

Comment

Victoria, nicely put I think. What I also think right now, is that there is not much one can say about oneness really. I have, like many others, come to the conclusion that as soon as one puts words to this topic, a concept has been born. This is a totally dualistic and mind thing which is all good and normal. We have the always present contradictions when trying to talk about oneness too, and maybe we need the opposites for things to appear as they do. Is there silence and sound as two separate things, or are they really one? Not existing in the dualistic world without each other, and just being in the nondualistic (pick your favourite word here eg. space/nothingness etc.) Our dualistic bodymind and bodyworld exist together with the oneness that is, quite happily. The seekers in this world (most of us) are looking for something that we will never find. Because we never lost it! But seeking will happen whether we want it too or not. And that's great. Do ( ) what we feel is right and trust that everything is unfolding as it should. That will, of course, not solve our (dualistic) problems, but will maybe give the mind a possibility to not get personally caught up in the story we call life. Which leads to clarity and solutions. There is no path to (insert your favourite word here for enlightenment/liberation etc.) however, the SM allows more peace of mind and could be an opening for the mind, of the possibility that there is oneness. It could be a way to weaken the defences to allow the change in perspective and seeing everything for what is really is. Oneness/Beingness/Love/Isness etc.

Another comment I would like to share, is that when it is said "there is no you, or me, or others" this is not referring to the body and the body-mind. The "you" this is referring to is the life story many of us believe are us, and the life we take so personally. (also called the "ego" in spiritual practices) Without this "life story", we are actually free to live our ( ) lives more fully and experience everything in a much heightened way, albeit without taking everything personally. This....is freedom. There is a full range of emotions open to us to live right now! Things come. Things go. And fun is had There is still pain....which comes and goes, and also doesn't stick to anyone which means that it doesn't hang around for years. There is unlimitless unconditional love (another word for oneness or beingness) yet there can still be a special love for a special someone. One doesn't cut out the other. You don't have to choose one for the other. They co-exist in perfect harmony. Everything is, as it should be. Everyone is perfect as they are (including our lovely imperfections). There is nothing we need to do, and nowhere we need to go. We just have to see things as they are and this would all be obvious. This implies, that we can do something to be able to see the truth. This is not the case, and rather disappointing or frustrating if you are a seeker. So what do we do then? Begin with trust. Trust yourself to say: "I don't know", to your questions. There are no answers. Who are you? Who am I? I don't know, and that's alright. I'm definitely not my past which is just a bundle of memories. And time doesn't exist out of thought anyway. I am.....and I am now. The Sedona Method helps me to see this even if I don't really see it for what it really is. Thankyou!

Comment

Chris thank you for sharing your insight. I agree.

The word “Seeker” (noun) is a description I now choose to drop. It re-minds me of an incident in my childhood. I wore reading glasses at age 8. (still do) I was on the school bus on my way home and double checked my spectacle case to make sure the glasses were there; there was no glasses in the case! I searched my school bag, no glasses, checked my pocket, no glasses. I go off the bus and was afraid to go home because I lost the third pair of glasses; I was crying. I got home and my mother asked my what was wrong. I told her I had lost my glasses. She told me to stop my crying because I was wearing the glasses!

To think that I was looking through the lenses . . . for the lenses that I needed to see with, of course I could not fined them because I was already looking through them!

I do still hold that, in my bodily existence, I will have a range to choose from the same spectrum. Today I my choose point “A” tomorrow I may choose point “X”

I recently lost an opportunity and was given something else in stead (( only to work with it and gain something more wonderful than I originally hoped for!

Contrast is another that I like . . .either way, life is all good because I choose it to be!

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaMA View Post
                              Chris thank you for sharing your insight. I agree.

The word “Seeker” (noun) is a description I now choose to drop. It re-minds me of an incident in my childhood. I wore reading glasses at age 8. (still do) I was on the school bus on my way home and double checked my spectacle case to make sure the glasses were there; there was no glasses in the case! I searched my school bag, no glasses, checked my pocket, no glasses. I go off the bus and was afraid to go home because I lost the third pair of glasses; I was crying. I got home and my mother asked my what was wrong. I told her I had lost my glasses. She told me to stop my crying because I was wearing the glasses!

To think that I was looking through the lenses . . . for the lenses that I needed to see with, of course I could not fined them because I was already looking through them!

I do still hold that, in my bodily existence, I will have a range to choose from the same spectrum. Today I my choose point “A” tomorrow I may choose point “X”

I recently lost an opportunity and was given something else in stead (( only to work with it and gain something more wonderful than I originally hoped for!

Contrast is another that I like . . .either way, life is all good because I choose it to be!
                              Victoria, your seeking with the glasses already over your eyes makes me think that the glasses were only a hindrance. I don't mean for your eyes and looking, but think of the glasses as the lens you see through when you look at life. This lens is your association with me/mind/my past. I'm using your childhood experience as an example here, not speaking to you personally. The reason I call duality just this is because of the polarities such as left and right; up and down; good and bad etc. There is judgement and there is awareness aware of an object. Which, I would say, appears in oneness, but the split suggests two things. This is all wording though which can become quite confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X