Another Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Beginner

Hi, my name is Marla. I found the Sedona Method last week as the result of a search for any kind of practice that would help me overcome my negative feelings about certain relationship. My finding it was accidental--I was trying to get a better understanding of David Hawkins' "Letting Go: The Pathway to Surrender". It seems to be a great book, but it was a struggle to find concrete instructions on how to let go. Then I saw references to the Sedona Method in the Appendices and it led me here.

Anyway, I really do want to try this and see if it will work. Right now I have two questions:

The first one is technical: I ordered the digital version of the Quick Study program, and I can't get the video link to work in the library. The mp3's are working fine, but nothing I've tried gets a response from the video link. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong or what I need to do to view the videos?

Second question: I understand the release questions and process logically, but every time I try to concentrate on a feeling to release, it slips away before I even get to "welcoming." It's like I have no focus or something. I start to ask myself a question and the feeling goes into hiding.

Does this make any sense? What is it supposed to feel like?

Thanks,

Marla

Hello Marla, welcome to the forum. About your second question: pay atention to your breathing when you are bringing on an emotion. Allow yourself to be aware of your body and the sensations in it and not just your thoughts.

I'm looking forward to see your gains, lucky!

Comment

Marla what operating system are you using to access the video. If you're using android, the default browsers don't recognise videos, you might need to get one that will play flash.

If you can find another computer or browser to access the video and do the exercise with the pen along with them. It will help you get the releasing. Also if the feeling has changed, notice that. Often releasing brings about subtle changes and sometimes that's seems all that is different.

Dealings with other people and relationships are challenging problems for most of us to deal with. So you may have to let go a lot, till you no longer pick it up again.

Alex

Comment

Marla what operating system are you using to access the video. If you're using android, the default browsers don't recognise videos, you might need to get one that will play flash.

If you can find another computer or browser to access the video and do the exercise with the pen along with them. It will help you get the releasing. Also if the feeling has changed, notice that. Often releasing brings about subtle changes and sometimes that's seems all that is different.

Dealings with other people and relationships are challenging problems for most of us to deal with. So you may have to let go a lot, till you no longer pick it up again.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex:

I'm trying to access from a PC laptop with Windows 2007, and have tried both Windows Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. I'm getting the same result either way. I think I already had an updated version of Flash, but I downloaded again just in case I don't have it, but it didn't change anything.

Should the Flasher player pop up in another window? The only other thing I can figure is if it's a pop-up and my browser is blocking it without notifying me.

If there is any other browser you think would work better, please let me know. If not, I'll try it on another laptop tomorrow. I am very anxious to view them--hope I can find a way to do so soon.

Marla

Comment

Hi Alex:

I'm trying to access from a PC laptop with Windows 2007, and have tried both Windows Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. I'm getting the same result either way. I think I already had an updated version of Flash, but I downloaded again just in case I don't have it, but it didn't change anything.

Should the Flasher player pop up in another window? The only other thing I can figure is if it's a pop-up and my browser is blocking it without notifying me.

If there is any other browser you think would work better, please let me know. If not, I'll try it on another laptop tomorrow. I am very anxious to view them--hope I can find a way to do so soon.

Marla

Comment

Okay, I just tested it and it's working in Firefox, although I have to click on the activate option (red Lego block icon in the address bar) that starts the player.

In Opera, I get the missing plug-in message (my version of flash is deliberately outdated), attempted to get the update and couldn't find the invisible install button.

Chrome works no and is slower than Firefox so I am getting a lot of stop start there.

Operating system is windows 7.

You might need to check if you anti-virus is blocking flash player. And if you have a fast enough connection, slow connection may make it look like nothing is happening for a while. How do you go with youtube videos?

Alex

Comment

I generally don't have problems with youtube videos, either directly on their site or with the embedded viewers. I play them on both Explorer and Chrome without issues most of the time.

I did try to open the video viewer in Firefox and got the same result. I see the link but nothing opens when I click on it. But the problem can't be Flash player unless my laptop is blocking a specific version. The Flash version installed on my machine is 11,9,900,152. I can open Flash player on other websites. This is very odd.

Is there another area to access the videos, by any chance?

Comment

I generally don't have problems with youtube videos, either directly on their site or with the embedded viewers. I play them on both Explorer and Chrome without issues most of the time.

I did try to open the video viewer in Firefox and got the same result. I see the link but nothing opens when I click on it. But the problem can't be Flash player unless my laptop is blocking a specific version. The Flash version installed on my machine is 11,9,900,152. I can open Flash player on other websites. This is very odd.

Is there another area to access the videos, by any chance?

Comment

Hi Alex:

Is the link in my member account something different than the link in my digital library? It's the video link in my library that isn't working--I click on it and nothing happens. If there is another link in a different area of my account, I'll go look for it.

Comment

Hi Alex:

Is the link in my member account something different than the link in my digital library? It's the video link in my library that isn't working--I click on it and nothing happens. If there is another link in a different area of my account, I'll go look for it.

Marla

Comment

The video is accessed from the link in your member account.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex, I just got a note from customer service that they have the videos working now. I checked it, and the viewers are appearing just as they are supposed to. I don't know what they did, but it worked. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Marla,PM we can sort it out. If you prefer to use email PM me for my address. Otherwise I'm AlexK at Learning Strategies. It's sounds to me like we might need customer support to have a look into that.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                            X