Need help releasing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help releasing...

So I have a bad case of Pure-O, my biggest fears always get questioned and I start over-analyzing and going on a google spree.

I have had everything from Pure-O, Schizo-OCD, POCD, etc. On top of that I have always worried about my health to an extreme extent, worried about going crazy; having cancer, etc. I want to learn to let go of all of that.

Lately I have been having a fear of being "possessed", although I don't even believe in any of that stuff...But a little "voice" in my head keeps going "what if" ? What if you are?

Then it cause me to Google non-stop and almost have a panic attack...along with this i have denationalization.

I'm seeing a therapist but I want to learn how to release on this. I'm at my wits ends, I don't want to give in to the paranoid delusions but I'm so exhausted.

Thanks,

Don

Originally posted by takeacti0 View Post
    So I have a bad case of Pure-O, my biggest fears always get questioned and I start over-analyzing and going on a google spree.

I have had everything from Pure-O, Schizo-OCD, POCD, etc. On top of that I have always worried about my health to an extreme extent, worried about going crazy; having cancer, etc. I want to learn to let go of all of that.

Lately I have been having a fear of being "possessed", although I don't even believe in any of that stuff...But a little "voice" in my head keeps going "what if" ? What if you are?

Then it cause me to Google non-stop and almost have a panic attack...along with this i have denationalization.

I'm seeing a therapist but I want to learn how to release on this. I'm at my wits ends, I don't want to give in to the paranoid delusions but I'm so exhausted.

Thanks,

Don
    Hi Don!

Welcome!

It's great that you are seeing an appropriate mental health practitioner for this all because if you are at your wits then please make sure that you tell your therapist about this. We simply are not able to help folks with paranoid delusions. This is even more true with this forum because it is online.

Having said this, you can still release while working with your therapist. Anxiety and panic is experienced in the body. As best you can see if you just notice the sensations that are part of the anxiety and panic and give them a little space inside. When we do this we discover that they will subside. Resisting the sensations often make them more intense. So see if you can notice the sensations just for a second or two. And just for the next second or two can you let go of any resistance to them. Notice how I wrote just for a second or two. If you experiment in short intervals you might find some relief.

Best,
    Delilah
    www.theaccordcenter.net

Comment

Working...
    X