Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positive expectation, negative expectation, no expectation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Positive expectation, negative expectation, no expectation

    Good evening,
    I was just wondering. Not so long ago I read Bob Proctor's "You were born rich" book. And in it he states the force that triggers the attraction of the good you desire is expectation and especially positive expectation, but in one of the programs, Hale mentions that we should release our negative expectation aka fear. So my question is... what stance should I take on this. Should I have a positive expectation or no expectation?
    Peace and love to all,
    Dinu

  • #2
    That's a good question. I'm wondering how the concept of "hootlessness" applies here.
    Jeff

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Dinu,
      Ultimately, I'd go with no expectation...aka hootlessness ( a nod to JeffT here). From my experience of releasing on goals over the years, wanting/craving/striving/trying/expecting are all rooted in the 'lower emotions'(AGFLAP or Apathy,Grief,Fear,Lust,Anger, Pride)). It's not until we are based in the 'higher emotions' (CAP or Courageousness, Acceptance, Peace) that things seemingly begin to effortlessly come our way. Emphasis on "effortlessly" here! Things may still appear to come our way, but at great cost/effort/suffering.

      Releasing allows you to quickly let go of desire/wanting to a feeling of I can/I have/I allow...it's the feeling of having, the feeling of confidence, the feeling of 'it is' that seemingly 'triggers the attraction of the good'. When you feel that you can, you go into action (appropriate action, that is). Or, sometimes it simply falls into your lap...in the shape, manner and form that the universe served up for you (far exceeding your 'expectations'!).

      And, when you are totally released on something, you don't give a hoot (whether it comes into your experience or not)...you're free to have, do, or be it...or not! Letting go is natural, and in so exercising this inherent ability, we find ourselves more and more 'on solid ground', living in our natural state(s) of courageousness, acceptance and peace. 'Expect' hootlessness...you'll be glad you did!

      Hope this gives you a bit more to go on.
      Best, Tim
      [email protected]
      www.sedonacoaching.com
      Last edited by Tim McCavitt; 11-05-2010, 12:28 AM.
      Tim McCavitt Sedona Method Instructor
      http://www.sedonareleasingworldwide.com
      [email protected]

      Comment


      • #4
        Great question ArmaDino and great advices Tim!

        Thank you all!
        Do what you do when you are doing it, and don't do what you are not doing when you are not doing it!

        Comment


        • #5
          Dinu

          Dinu,

          In my experience, the SM is filled with contradictions. Or probably, people who spread
          the word out are filled with them. So they do the easy thing and go for clichés and
          small talk advice.

          What I have seen from personal experience is that there are different releasing
          experiences for different people. And even the same person can have a different sense
          from time to time. And there are other times when you cannot release at all and you
          get terribly frustrated.

          What I suggest you put into practice adamantly is the triple welcoming process which
          will dissipate so much more than just the "Could you?Would you?When?" most of us
          have engaged in for years with partial results.

          1) Welcome the situation as it is in reality
          2) Welcome your feelings about it -resistance, expectations, wants.
          3) Welcome the sense it is personal (This is MY PROBLEM!) ;-)

          The whole point of releasing is not to be the next john doe who pretends to have
          discovered the sorcerer's stone by just asking himself some questions. It is by bringing
          unconscious emotions which we have buried for too many years and allow them to
          come through us and out. Therefore no longer impacting our lives. Lester Levenson
          used the expression "discharge of powerful negative feelings" for that.

          But hold on...just yesterday I brought so much emotion (I must have hit a sensitive
          nerve in my psyche) on an issue through the triple welcoming process I felt this grief
          taking myself by storm and drowning myself within this ocean of sadness. It got so bad
          I began to feel my head was going to blow and by the time I could let go (or my body
          did to avoid passing out) I noticed I had stained the floor with my own blood!

          Soon I felt my nose bleed...I had never had a reaction like this before but I have
          read of people who have had apparent negative reactions through constant releasing of
          emotions held dormant -dead inside -for years
          including spacing out and vomiting.

          Anyway, this was the first time something like this happened to me. I tore a tissue by
          bringing up emotion! I'm on my way! Horray! LOL

          Horace

          Comment


          • #6
            Hello Horacio,

            I had similar kind of experience at the beginning (when I just started to use Sedona method)
            It happen to me that I lost weight (because I was struggling a lot with emotions) I was doing it on a wrong way.
            Later I realized that letting go is so easy. It happen naturally we dont have to use any effort.

            Do what you do when you are doing it, and don't do what you are not doing when you are not doing it!

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Horacio,
              Thanks for the heads up ! Appreciate that. As far as triple welcoming goes I never seemed to make it work, don't know why but I think I'm trying to figure it out! Well release on this too.
              By the way, does anyone have any ideas what to do when you are over run with emotions and thoughts?
              Love and peace to all
              Dinu

              Comment


              • #8
                To Dinu

                Originally posted by ArmaDino View Post
                Hi Horacio,
                Thanks for the heads up ! Appreciate that. As far as triple welcoming goes I never
                seemed to make it work, don't know why but I think I'm trying to figure it out! Well
                release on this too. By the way, does anyone have any ideas what to do when you are
                over run with emotions and thoughts?
                Love and peace to all
                Dinu

                I couldn't thank my psychiatrist enough for prescribing a specific drug efficient to keep
                one's out-of-control emotions and bring them back to a manageable level. The drug is
                Clonazepam commonly marketed as Rivotril in certain countries and Klonopin in others.
                A powerful muscle-relaxant and anxyiolitic at first it would knock me sound asleep and I
                would wake up totally dazed obviously not used to it....yet after following treatment
                and becoming stabilized I have seen the positive effects of the drug.

                Those nights when you're so over-wrought with emotion or having a sense of alertness
                you know is going to keep you awake all night, it's a surefire way to prevent the
                problem from becoming unmanageable. Pharmacology has been much maligned by people
                who thrive on arm-chair new-age-like psychology, but I need tangible results and from
                what I read so do you. You'll be grateful when you get to work the next day after a
                good night sleep.


                Horacio

                P.S. Btw, judging by the latin root in your name, are you from Romania?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Horacio View Post
                  P.S. Btw, judging by the latin root in your name, are you from Romania?
                  Nope, I'm from Moldova actually. Still, our countries are neighbors and we basicaly speak the same language. Judging by your story, looks like you dug up some issues. Had a similar experience, but without the physical symptoms. With a bit of persistence I overcame the problems (as if they are any) and found a new sence of peace. Hope you will find it too, after all, it's here all the time.
                  Love and peace to all,
                  Dinu

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Dear ArmaDino,

                    You wrote: "By the way, does anyone have any ideas what to do when you are over run with emotions and thoughts?"

                    Could you allow yourself to just notice what's going on? (bring some awareness to it)
                    Could you allow yourself to feel into it? (to relax into it - as best you can)
                    Now check if there is a wanting to do anything with whatever you are feeling in this moment? (wanting to change it, wanting to fix it, wanting to control, wanting to get rid of it, wanting to understand it, wanting to figure it out.....)
                    IF there is, could you just notice that and allow it to be the way it is in this moment.
                    If you feel some resistance throughout this process, could you welcome that too?
                    And now as best you can, could you let go of wanting to do anything with that?
                    And now, could you allow yourself to rest as best you can?
                    How does it feel?
                    Repeat this process until you feel more relax, more open or free. Let me know how it goes.
                    For your freedom & well-being
                    Jerome Goldschmidt
                    www.jeromegoldschmidt.com
                    Right here, right now is all there is.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Horacio View Post
                      Dinu,

                      In my experience, the SM is filled with contradictions. Or probably, people who spread
                      the word out are filled with them. So they do the easy thing and go for clichés and
                      small talk advice.

                      What I have seen from personal experience is that there are different releasing
                      experiences for different people. And even the same person can have a different sense
                      from time to time. And there are other times when you cannot release at all and you
                      get terribly frustrated.

                      What I suggest you put into practice adamantly is the triple welcoming process which
                      will dissipate so much more than just the "Could you?Would you?When?" most of us
                      have engaged in for years with partial results.

                      1) Welcome the situation as it is in reality
                      2) Welcome your feelings about it -resistance, expectations, wants.
                      3) Welcome the sense it is personal (This is MY PROBLEM!) ;-)

                      The whole point of releasing is not to be the next john doe who pretends to have
                      discovered the sorcerer's stone by just asking himself some questions. It is by bringing
                      unconscious emotions which we have buried for too many years and allow them to
                      come through us and out. Therefore no longer impacting our lives. Lester Levenson
                      used the expression "discharge of powerful negative feelings" for that.

                      But hold on...just yesterday I brought so much emotion (I must have hit a sensitive
                      nerve in my psyche) on an issue through the triple welcoming process I felt this grief
                      taking myself by storm and drowning myself within this ocean of sadness. It got so bad
                      I began to feel my head was going to blow and by the time I could let go (or my body
                      did to avoid passing out) I noticed I had stained the floor with my own blood!

                      Soon I felt my nose bleed...I had never had a reaction like this before but I have
                      read of people who have had apparent negative reactions through constant releasing of
                      emotions held dormant -dead inside -for years
                      including spacing out and vomiting.

                      Anyway, this was the first time something like this happened to me. I tore a tissue by
                      bringing up emotion! I'm on my way! Horray! LOL

                      Horace
                      Hi Horacio,

                      Yes, we each and every one of us "appears" to be filled with contradictions. And if we keep going with TSM we will find contradictions "appear" there too. It's a lie of the mind that says there is a place where contradiction or paradox don't appear. Contradictions are only a problem for the mind. The holistic releasing process shows us through direct experience that contradictions are just ideas of the mind. It brings two apparent opposites together and transmutes them completey. Suddenly they are no problem at all.

                      When I was in training as a coach my gut started hurting terribly as I was releasing. I metioned this to Hale and he suggested that I was resisting the release. Someone else suggested that I was trying to control the release. Both were true. Believing that I had issues that were long lived, big and hard also played a part in the difficult and painful releases I would have sometimes. When I let go of resisting, trying to control, and believing that my issues were somehow especially long lasting, big and hard the releasing got much easier and actually more profound.
                      Last edited by DelilahCertifiedSMCoach; 11-12-2010, 10:26 AM.
                      www.theaccordcenter.net

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey people, just a thought.. is positive expectation a state of having.. and if so, isn't this state responsibile for all the good in your life.. I mean having?
                        Dinu

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks Jerome,
                          I guess we tend to forget just the basic principles of the Sedona Method...
                          'Can I just relax into it, can I let go of wanting to do anything with that?'

                          Your post helped so much this morning. I so find myself wanting to CONTROL my experience, and wanting to understand it all, wanting to make sense of it all, just to make myself feel better, more whole... and yet I know that I already am it. And do not need to figure anything out.
                          I am feeling more relaxed, and more open, because of your post.
                          Merci!
                          Anne in France

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ArmaDino View Post
                            Good evening,
                            I was just wondering. Not so long ago I read Bob Proctor's "You were born rich" book. And in it he states the force that triggers the attraction of the good you desire is expectation and especially positive expectation, but in one of the programs, Hale mentions that we should release our negative expectation aka fear. So my question is... what stance should I take on this. Should I have a positive expectation or no expectation?
                            Peace and love to all,
                            Dinu
                            Too often we confuse our self with our concept of self,the latter being our pathology.
                            The whole issue of expectation,positive and negative, lives in the realm of self concept and as such is completely resolved when the concept of self is illumined by the enlighted presence of self.
                            Tis better to Awaken to the reality of self than to remain confused and drowning in the conundram that is the concept of self!

                            Incidentally, "the force that triggers the attraction of the good ' is an erroneous concept, and everything that follows from it is a House of cards. As Einstein so aptly said: Whosoever sets themself up as an authority in the realm of truth shall surely be shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              but why would i have anything if i don't "Want" it .. if i don't have my want i.e released the want why would i have something?
                              "Be a student,not a follower"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X