Madness of some movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madness of some movies

I think many popular movies are an expression of madness nowadays. I just watched a movie called the Traveler, I did not watch it until the end, I got enough of it when a woman got a bag over her head and having a scissor cutting her leg for about five minutes in a row. After watching the movie I felt how I really had to release afterwards, a lot of negative stuff came up. I did the release on fear and anxiety on CD 8 after watching this movie. Then I realized that after watching the movie I was picturing and expecting somebody hurting me. Luckily not as brutal as in the movie, but I just noticed that I was expecting that somebody was going to hurt me physically. If there is a law of attraction and you get what you resonate with I think movies can affect your life negatively (at least the very violent movies). There are probably many good movies out there like comedies etc. I think a little violence in a movie is not that bad, but these extremely violent movies (another example would be the Saw movies) are pointless and are just spreading negativity. In Sweden you can be 15 years old and watch the Traveler, I think they should ban it altogether.

In this movie you can really see people slowly being tortured (I wont get in more on the details) and these kind of movies are really popular nowadays and it's like what the people want to watch. I know I am resisting this, so I'm going to release it but I thought I should put this out here. Just being aware of this. I don't mean stop watching movies, just the movies that are filled with purposeless torture-like violence. Maybe you get immune towards this if you release? But to me it feels like I get filled up with more stuff to release when I watch these kind of movies and I guess it's not the way you want to go then.

Eckhart Tolle explains better what I mean:

What if the film makers would create movies about people being happy and living a prosperous life, positive joyful movies. Think of how that could affect the world for the better.
    Jai Guru Dev

IMO violent movies are an expression of the violence that's in us all ... and it's up to to us to release it when it arises in us ...
    I have experienced moments of extreme rage ... and thankfully have very rarely acted upon it ...
    In saying that ... these type of movies abhor me ... and that's something mire for me to release ... so thanks
    Mike

Comment

I don't think anyone can pretend to act surprised nowadays. In a consumerist-capitalist type society the system will always necesarilly play with extreme violence, sex, degeneration in order to generate profit. I don't understand people flocking to theaters to watch films such as the "saw" saga, "texas chainsaw massacre" or "hostel" which are sick of the sickest yet young people are encouraged to somehow enjoy or become addicted to such displays where sadistic, masochistic, ultra-violent behaviors are revered and lusted for.

Comment

I agree about madness in movies.I strongly resist them,especially sexual insultment,rude words,swearwords,strong violence scenes.

Christian5 wrote:
        "Luckily not as brutal as in the movie, but I just noticed that I was expecting that somebody was going to hurt me physically. If there is a law of attraction and you get what you resonate with I think movies can affect your life negatively (at least the very violent movies). There are probably many good movies out there like comedies etc."

I agree that movies can affect our life negatively.But I don't like comedy movies too because many of them have sexual insultment,rude words and swearwords too.
        Also I believe news may affect(law of attraction) your life in a bad way(generally news in the news programs are negative news I think)

Horacio wrote:
        "I don't think anyone can pretend to act surprised nowadays. In a consumerist-capitalist type society the system will always necesarilly play with extreme violence, sex, degeneration in order to generate profit. I don't understand people flocking to theaters to watch films such as the "saw" saga, "texas chainsaw massacre" or "hostel" which are sick of the sickest yet young people are encouraged to somehow enjoy or become addicted to such displays where sadistic, masochistic, ultra-violent behaviors are revered and lusted for. "

I agree.
        Last edited by Awareness; 11-24-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Hmmm...yes ..thank you for the above comments....

The beauty of The Sedona Method is it is an invitation for humans to take responsibility for their life and discover a deeper truth of who and what they are, .....

Thousands right here on this community will write gains that allowed for inner peace, joy and greater love to shine forth having released anything at that moment that was holding that back ......a basic true nature that is already within the human being....a profound potential which simply requires letting go of past experinces (unwanted thoughts, feelngs and beliefs).
          If all took the responsibility within to uncover what is truth for them, proving it out for themselves, not from someone telling them, it is quite possible the world would be far more harmonious (even the world areas that all ready are too).
          The key point is that at the heart of who and what the human being is.....is peaceful and greater love/joy...

Allowing people to resonate to this resource is therefore a key because its a simple and fun way to uncover whats truth without any controlling...creating the 'want' for others to want this resource is therefore critical...thereby allowing humans to be who and what they truly are because they want that.....

If more and more allow for this to be the "hip and trend" of "now", while allowing others to take responsibility for who and what they are....it is hoped many will resinate towards such an empowering resource as The Sedona Method .....

Many thanks again

Comment

Oh it's funny, I've had some great insights about this subject! I've also been resisting these kind of movies, and people who watches them, until only a couple of days ago when I read an article about why there are people that enjoy watching violence. The theory was that it's a way to experience a controlled form of fear; you know that it's only a movie so you can allow yourself to be frightened and then let it go when the movie stops. They also mentioned that watching drama and crying is the same thing, you can allow yourself to be sad and cry because you know it's only a movie. And I love to watch drama and cry! When I read this I actually released my judgements on people who likes to watch violence, and I started to watch the news again, and I'm releasing on the fear that they bring up, instead of trying to hold violence away.

love!
            AT

Comment

Hi Devi

Thanks for the above post and sharing interesting article :-)

Being who and what you are sounds perfect :-) If majority want to watch news or violence then thats what they do.

If anyone is happy to be that which they are without watching what the majority is watching ....then that could be all right too.

Letting go of the 'unlimitedness of suffering' to unravel that exquisite boundless clear present 'inner' awareness, a sensing that is nondescript, perhaps even beyond that feeling of love and therefore an even higher sensing from which human beings are living from ...is a critical key

As Hale has stated "love is the universal solvent"....yet SM is an invitation to discover if that is true for each person from within,

Thanks kindly again

Comment

Hi Kate! Thank you for your post!

Of course it's alright whether you watch it or not In my case I found that I held violence away from me by avoiding and resisting it, instead of embracing and releasing it. I thought I was doing myself a favor by holding it away, but created even more anxiety around the subject instead

Maybe we all one day will get to the point where we can embrace and love violence, and we won't have the need to use it in our creativity anymore, or maybe we will

love

love!
                AT

Comment

Hi Devi

Thanks for the post :-)
                  Interesting insights about releasing today...

At that 'heart' or 'presence of awareness' which could be defined as non descpit..(haha, not that that is defining it anyway)... a changeless background....perhaps the greatest power is that which needs no power to 'be'...or has no fear and needs not to control... nor does it need to be controlled.......(notice thats coming from 'presence of awareness', not mind's thinking itself, mind does not grasp that........)

Lets see if that can be discovered from within experientially, not with the intellectual mind figuring it out...

Lets say there was 'violent' movie on and resistance was coming up...
                  Could that just be noticed or allowed because its coming up anyway...
                  Is there any wanting associated with that???
                  Answer: For example.....Wanting to be controlled by it ....or wanting to be 'not controlled by it'?
                  Could that be let go, just for now?

And what is it that is aware of the wanting..or What is it that is aware of wanting that?
                  What is it that knows there was/ is 'wanting to want' or.. What is that just knows it "wants it to not be there"?
                  Really check inside and its super all right for there to be nothing come up.....

Could that be welcomed(awareness or nothing coming up)...even more ..and just rest as that 'presence of awareness' which is aware of that which comes and goes...

Is it the 'coming and going' or.... is it 'that which is aware (and unaffetced)............................
                  Are you that which comes and goes, or that which is unaffected?

Now, that same 'presence of awareness' is that changeless background in the human "being"...a freedom with mind(for now)....that which is peaceful no matter what comes and goes....

From that presence, when the human race rests as the truth that it is(if it is that).....there may not be any need for violence as such....
                  Hence the exquisite 'beauty' of the Sedona Method which allows all to unravel their own truth and experience and discover if that is their truth for them......(assuming there's the concept of separate "them" in that moment!!)

Seems thats what been discovered from the "Devi posts" too.... and thanks again for sharing them

Comment

Exactly!
                    AT

Comment

Thanks for the post :-)
                      Interesting insights about releasing today...

Comment

Lester use to say "could you let go of wanting to make the world real". If all is just illusion, then none of it is personal, and none of it is real, its all the backdrop as in a theatre, and nothing happened. Step 1 of the method You must want Imperturability more than A/C/S. Go for that.
                        Last edited by Mick; 05-14-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

IMO violent movies are an expression of the violence that's in us all ... and it's up to to us to release it when it arises in us ...
                          I have experienced moments of extreme rage ... and thankfully have very rarely acted upon it ...
                          In saying that ... these type of movies abhor me ... and that's something mire for me to release ... so thanks
                          Mike

Comment

What if the film makers would create movies about people being happy and living a prosperous life, positive joyful movies. Think of how that could affect the world for the better.

Comment

Working...
                            X