Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wants and the Law of Attraction

Hello all,

I would like to share with you this simple (but powerfull) message that I got from the Abraham-Hicks newsletter today, and that complements the Sedona Method so much.

It seems a paradox to some—in the beginning—while it is not paradoxical at all: “I want these things because I would feel better in the having of them, but my awareness of their absence prevents me from having them. But if I can find a way of feeling better even without having them, then they can be mine.”

A powerful Universal truth is simply this: you cannot attract the presence of something wanted when predominantly aware of its absence.

--- Abraham

Dear Santuno,

in my experience there are only sounds, thoughts, pictures, sensations and feelings appearing in and on what we are from moment to moment. What we are is this ocean (the space, emptyness, silence, beingness, love) that allows for all the waves (feelings, thoughts, sensations, pictures...) to come and go.
    You can ask yourself the following question: Am I that thought of feeling or am I the awareness that allows for that thought or feeling to come and go?
    When you have that thought: "You cannot attract the presence of something wanted when predominantly aware of its absence." - just notice it as best you can.
    And now, could you welcome that thought as well as the sensations, sounds and pictures that arises with it?
    Could you welcome any wantings to do anything with that thought? (wanting to change it, control it, get rid of it, fix it, understand it, figure it out.....)
    Could you welcome any sense that this thought is personal, says something about you or who you are?
    Could you welcome the space and emptyness upon which this thought is appearing on?

Enjoy!
    For your freedom & well-being
    Jerome Goldschmidt
    www.jeromegoldschmidt.com
    Right here, right now is all there is.

Comment

Both Paradoxical and frustrating but not anything that can not be overcome with pratice.
      Remember that there is also the buffer of time beween our desires and the recieving of them.
      Also remember that we are the product of all we have been thinking.
      The change comes from changing our thoughts and from the time needed to align our vibrations.
      M.B.Conant

Comment

Time is also a concept ... based on memory

Comment

Time is our friend as well as our foe.

Originally posted by Mikeyb View Post
          Time is also a concept ... based on memory
          Remember that there is also the buffer of time beween our desires and the recieving of them.
          The change comes from changing our thoughts and from the time needed to align our vibrations

It's is not all memory it is often the time needed to put memories in place and to forgive the transgressions that brought us to the place of blocking beliefs.

Thank you for the dialogue let us continue.

Comment

Yes. I get your point. That is all logical. Yet another perspective I've been exploring and experiencing is that a memory only occurs right now. Not in time. I use the concept of time to form a sequence of memories in order to make up logical stories of what I could call my past. This still happens right now.
            It is the same with having stuff. I imagine or intend having stuff in my life in what us called the future ... this still occurs in the now. There are things I have now that I could make up stories about how it took years to accomplish. That's the normal way to describe such things. Yet, when I really look, I just have the experience of having them now. The rest is just a story ... made up ... In the now
            Not sure if I've made myself clear

Comment

Originally posted by M.B.Conant View Post
              Both Paradoxical and frustrating but not anything that can not be overcome with pratice.
              The change comes from changing our thoughts and from the time needed to align our vibrations.
              M.B.Conant
              Hi M.B. Conant,

another perspective is, to let go of wanting to change our thoughts/feelings - notice them, allow them to be, even welcome them (as they are not personal any way) - this will allow for them to pass through. And when you allow this to unfold as it does, your mind naturally gets quieter and more positive. Without efforting.

enjoy your experience,

Clarie
              sigpic
              Clarie van de Langenberg --- Sedona Method® Certified Coach
              E-mail: [email protected] - http://www.sedona-methode-coaching.nl
              Sedona Methode Nederland - Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...690791391&ap=1
              Reconnect Yourself - Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ReconnectYourself
              Official Sedona Method websites: http://www.sedona.com - http://www.lettinggo.tv

Comment

wanting is identification with an idea of lack.... I can identify as easily with the idea of abundance and I need no law for that :-) I have all I need right now; whether I want something else or more is the law of desire and boy, that kills, hahahah

Comment

Working...
                X