Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sedona method and law of attraction.Isn't there a little contradiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedona method and law of attraction.Isn't there a little contradiction?

For example,in The Secret book,it is told us that we should always think positively.But while doing Sedona method,we are concentrating on our problems.

If we want to manifest something,we should concentrate on it,visualize it,feel it.If we want to release something,again we should concentrate on it,visualize it(for feeling it),feel our emotion completely and additionaly ask ourselves some questions.Looks like almost same method for both manifesting and releasing and this confuses me.

I have the Sedona Method(Hale Dwoskin's) book,you can recommend me to look for a page(related to my question) in the book if you want or give a direct answer too of course.

Hi,

Let me attempt to draw some distinctions here.

For example,in The Secret book,it is told us that we should always think positively.But while doing Sedona method,we are concentrating on our problems.
    I think you are right about The Secret - we SHOULD think/visualize/verbalize positively, and the key word here is "should". There is no room for what is, we should focus on what should be, or what we want it to be. TSM differs in this regard, all importance is for the reality of the moment. IMO, accepting what is in this moment defines the core of TSM. The questions, triple-welcoming etc are ways to get into the present reality and then move from there. Trying to think positively when we are fully steeped in unproductive mental states, is not accepting reality, it is suppression and moving away from reality. In TSM, you welcome whatever IS, if it is positive, welcome it, if it is negative, welcome it too. By so accepting, we make room for things to change on their own. As you move deeper into TSM, you start interfering with what is, less and less. And that paves way for even greater and more pervasive changes. I hope I am making some sense here.

I would disagree that we are concentrating on our problems using TSM. Maybe because you have worked more with problems/issues through TSM, you think that is the case. But, IMO, there is no such distinction as good/bad as far as the Method is concerned. Hale says that, if you are willing to let go of the good, it will ALWAYS get better. I hope you get the picture there.

Visualizing in The Secret, is fabricating what is not, something you want to attain. I have never heard being asked to visualize when using TSM. It is ALWAYS welcoming what is, emotions, sensations, any images (not fabricated), sounds etc.
    What, in this moment, is lacking?

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

Vivek wrote:
      "I have never heard being asked to visualize when using TSM"

I have strong resistances to see some things.So,when I want to feel my emotions related to that resistances,the things which I hate to see,I visualize that thing's picture.Without visualizing it(or repeating their names in my mind),I am not able to feel my emotion related to seeing that thing.(of course if I see one of the things which I resist in "reality",if I saw a picture of it for example,I can feel the emotions related to seeing that thing)
      Last edited by Awareness; 11-25-2011, 02:54 PM.

Comment

You are visualizing to bring up the resistance to awareness, so that eventually, it can be let go of. However, that still does not make TSM's approach any similar to LoA. In TSM, you don't hold on to any visualization/verbalization, nurture it, strengthen it etc, so that it becomes a reality at any point of time in future, like what is done in LoA. A certain degree of visualization is OK in TSM, as long as that serves as an aid to bring up deep unconscious "hooks" to let go. For example, what we do with goal statements in TSM. You verbalize the goal statement and allow for whatever feelings to come up so that they can be let go. And surprisingly, the process gets you nearer to the goal, if it is something that you really need. Let me know if this helps.
        What, in this moment, is lacking?

Comment

Chapter 8 : Setting and attaining your goal .. is for you .. read that ..

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

Working...
            X