Weird visualisation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird visualisation problem

I have a very unusual problem visualizing my goal.

1. When i visualize i always have an inner dialog going on like:

"what if i am not able to visualize the goal and instead something else like my family members get murdered by someone or ...or...". so this is like "don't think of a pink pigeon" or something like that.

then of course this pictures come to my mind and i feel anxiety. i let go of anxiety but the pictures of negative things come to my mind and i get frustrated.

2. lester levenson says "the impossible becomes possible, if you let go". couldn't that also be true if you let go of negative things? therefore i'm scared of letting go of negative imagined things in my mind....

i know here i have a lot of anxiety to let go. but what do you think about these points? any suggestions?
    Last edited by ware; 12-09-2011, 02:55 PM.

Originally posted by ware View Post
    I have a very unusual problem visualizing my goal.

1. When i visualize i always have an inner dialog going on like:

"what if i am not able to visualize the goal and instead something else like my family members get murdered by someone or ...or...". so this is like "don't think of a pink pigeon" or something like that.

then of course this pictures come to my mind and i feel anxiety. i let go of anxiety but the pictures of negative things come to my mind and i get frustrated.

2. lester levenson says "the impossible becomes possible, if you let go". couldn't that also be true if you let go of negative things? therefore i'm scared of letting go of negative imagined things in my mind....

i know here i have a lot of anxiety to let go. but what do you think about these points? any suggestions?
    Hi Ware,

I used to have very similar feelings about negative images - being afraid to let go in case that made it happen (while also fearing that holding on would make what I feared happen.) It was strange to read your post because I had forgotten that. So it can change, and does, and I suggest you just keep releasing.

I think that sometimes it’s not such a helpful idea to get too hung up on trying to understand what Lester or anyone else said, because when we are fearful our minds twist their words into something else to scare ourselves with. My experience has been that when I let go of negative feelings and images joyful things happen.

One thing I found very helpful was noticing that for me the scary images were just "wanting security" - because when we want security we don’t feel we have it, so we imagine fearful situations. Instead of trying to let go I found it worked to just say, “Would I be willing to let this go?” Just acknowledging the willingness was a huge help for me.

If you don’t have a releasing partner, I’d recommend that as it is very useful to release with someone else when dealing with fears. Working with a coach is even more effective. Hope this is of some help.

Comment

Hey Evie. Thank you for telling your experience. Also it helped me to see this as "wanting security". I feel a lot lighter now. Have to release on it more in the future. Thanks!

Comment

Hey Ware,

I'm new here, just looking through posts, came across yours and could identify with it, had the same thing happen to me for several years. Want to second what Evie told you, what you're experiencing will go away. Seems to me that anxiety, even mild levels, made it difficult to focus without some 'security' issue (scary negative thought/imagery) popping up and immediately shutting me down. I discovered that releasing helped tremendously, and also being patient, gentle, loving and understanding toward myself. That's the thing about security, you CAN give it to yourself, allow it for yourself, this is helped along by nurturing yourself as you would nurture a loved one.

Kinta

Comment

Lester and teachers going back to the ancients references to manifestation talk about holding the pure thought in a totally quiet mind- a purposeful injection from a state of total peace, with no thoughts to the contrary.

Rest easy that this is something remarkably far from the negative image popping into your head in such a context. This is referring to a state of mastery - which is difficult to even talk about in such terms because it is beyond a "you" doing "something." That is why most who actually can do this stuff simultaneously have no real interest in exercising it.

No offense but the idea, which things like the secret verge on saying or implying b/c it is so appealing, that just having the picture of something in your experience for small intervals is going to make it happen, to me is like saying if you rub a few sticks together for 2 seconds every 4 hours you might accidentally burn down your entire neighborhood.

Hurtful images like you describe would not really even be in the equation in such a high state where this would be a concern. Don't worry about that. This is just your system expertly giving you a reason not to do what is going to make it uncomfortable. Stay on course my friend - this is the definition of aversion- we hate to look at these images and "maybe i'll manifest them" is another way of the aversion telling you not to look at it, and keep everything in the same place. We are programmed for safety and looking at this material, as well as any type of change, feels unsafe to the system which does NOT care at all if you intellectually know the change is for the better.. it doesn't like this because there may be things we'd like to change, but we're still alive. Whatever we are doing is keeping us alive, therefore what previously seemed like a totally unnatural experience that releasing (change of behavior) could = death or death to my friends or family members. That's pulling out some pretty big guns but that is the nature of the beast. Stay present with it and see that it is not you.
          Last edited by Evan; 01-07-2012, 10:36 PM.
          <a href="http://www.consciousnessjunkie.com">Consciousness Junkie</a>

Comment

Working...
          X